Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: change audio device for VLC & POWER DVD? (Read 2668 times) previous topic - next topic

change audio device for VLC & POWER DVD?

The case is I'm using kernel steaming for foobar2000 with one of my soudncard's digital output. The XP default audio device is still my onboard crappy coundcard. I also configured some player like WMP to use the new digital output. But I can't make it with POWER DVD and VLC. Anyone know how to do it?

change audio device for VLC & POWER DVD?

Reply #1
You can try to enable digital output in VLC by navigating to Settings -> Preferences -> Audio and enabling "Use the S/PDIF audio output when available" checkbox.

PowerDVD can be configured by selecting Preferences -> Audio tab -> Speaker Environment -> Use SPDIF. Additional support is available at Cyberlink Support Site.