Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Getting AccurateRip to work with Exact Audio Copy? (Read 9501 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting AccurateRip to work with Exact Audio Copy?

I've recently downloaded Exact Audio Copy, and this AccurateRip pop-up came up when I loaded EAC. I pressed configure but then got an error message saying AccurateRip couldn't recognize my CD key; or something like that. My CD should be popular enough to be in the CD key list; I don't get it? How can I get AccurateRip to work?

*Note: I am not a computer person, I'm just following a guide on how to use EAC (I don't really understand it, I'm just trusting the information). If you're going to explain something technical...please keep this in mind and be as specific as possible. Thank you for your responses!

I'm trying to rip a 2004 Avril Lavigne "Under My Skin" CD I just bought.
My CD drive is "Matshita BD-RE UJ-220 ATA"

Is AccurateRip a must in order to get an accurate rip from a retail CD?

Reply #1

No, it's a confirmation that you got the same results as others who have ripped that same CD.  If the CD is clean and unscratched, your EAC rip should be fine.  If you have any doubt, reload the CD and press F8. This will cause the CD data to be read again and compared to the earlier rip to confirm an identical result.

Reply #2
Quote from: brasarehot link=msg=0 date=
I pressed configure but then got an error message saying AccurateRip couldn't recognize my CD key; or something like that. My CD should be popular enough to be in the CD key list; I don't get it? How can I get AccurateRip to work?
The list of 'Key Discs' is quite large but not every version of every disc is on the list. When you do insert a CD that is on the list (while EAC is running) AccurateRip will automatically offer to configure itself. Until then, AccurateRip won't work.
If you installed the CTDB plugin (optional) with EAC, that will also give you accuracy results from a different database.
korth

Reply #3
How can I get AccurateRip to work?

Since you didn't want the details: Feed it another CD. It isn't necessarily so that popularity is enough to align up for AR.

It verifies a good rip as accurate, provided that someone else has also ripped a (good) copy of that CD. So you want it if you can have it.

If you use dBpoweramp, from the creator of AccurateRip, it will interact during ripping if that is necessary to find out which attempt was good. This is helpful if the disc is doubtful and different re-reads yield different results.
If you use CUERipper from the CUETools suite, it even has correction data if your rip is bad (but not too bad) and someone else has submitted it before you. Repairs can be done after ripping, though.