Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc. (Read 685920 times) previous topic - next topic

QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc.

Reply #926
I'm here yet again facing some new issues... I've ripped all my audiobooks using dBPowerAMP and Apple Lossless and now I'm trying to encode them using tvbr 18 and combine them all into a single *.m4b. This is working for some of the them, but not all of them. I keep receiving this error for a number of the audiobooks;

http://bildr.no/view/RmdqVE0y

"ERROR: D:\Music\Apple Lossless\J.K. Rowling\Harry Poter and the Deathly Hallows\CD17-Spor17.m4a: The operation completed successfully."

Using this command; qaac64.exe "D:\Music\Apple Lossless\J.K. Rowling\Harry Poter and the Deathly Hallows\*.m4a" --tvbr 18 --quality=2 --rate 32000 --native-resampler=bats,127 --matrix-preset mono --concat -o "D:\Music\Apple Lossless\Harry Poter and the Deathly Hallows.m4b"

It shouldn't be anything wrong with the command as the exact same command works with other audiobooks? Is there a limit of how many *.m4a files it can combine or some kind of size restrictions or anything?

Reply #927
It seems that opening that input file (CD17-Spor17.m4a) failed for unknown reason (_wfsopen() failed but OS errno is not set).
Maybe a bug of Windows 10, I dunno. I haven't seen such a case, and there's nothing qaac can do for it.

Reply #928
I will try to do the same with Windows 8.1 and see what happens.

EDIT:

Keep getting the same error under Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. I guess I need to find some other way to join all the M4A files and then use Qaac for the TVBR encoding.

Reply #929
Keep getting the same error under Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. I guess I need to find some other way to join all the M4A files and then use Qaac for the TVBR encoding.

Can you upload the file?

Reply #930
https://sprend.com/download.htm?C=905f5f817...f8467794e866878

It plays back just fine with iTunes and Windows Media Player (or Music.app or whatever it's called in Windows 10) and I was also able to convert everything to WAV using dBPowerAMP and tried to use QAAC64.exe to --concat the wave files but then it reports the same error just on CD17-Spor17.wav instead.

Reply #931
Can't reproduce your issue. qaac64 can read CD17-Spor17.m4a just fine here.

Reply #932
It works with me as well, it's when I point to the entire folder containing *.m4a and using --concat it fails like that. If I take the file by itself it works.

Reply #933
It works with me as well, it's when I point to the entire folder containing *.m4a and using --concat it fails like that. If I take the file by itself it works.

I tried both of wildcard and --concat for that file, and it works. If the issue happens only when multiple files exist in the folder, please provide all of them.

Reply #935
Well, it's an entire audiobook in Apple Lossless so it's quite large. I've created a torrent of the all the files within a 7-zip archive, you can grab the torrent here;
https://sprend.com/download.htm?C=362df54b6...ba8156f1dd1364b

Coudn't download it, but I could reproduce your issue on the folder containing more than 512 files or so.
Before encoding, qaac opens all the inputs. And you hit the maximum number of open files available on MSVC runtime.
I don't want to change this behavior to catch errors on input files before encoding, and also to avoid implementing pre-fetching on the transition required for --play.

Reply #936
Released 2.52. Now qaac can handle up to 2048 files.
(Haven't thought default limit of 512 is not enough for qaac)

Reply #937
Perfect, it's all working with 2.52! 

Reply #938
"It's all fun and games until someone ..." — passes an unexpected threshold.

Reply #939
Hope you don't mind if i ask my question here, i don't want to open a new thread for a possibly 2-3 post long conversation.

Do you know if recent QuickTime distribution comes with the mp3 encoder of iTunes as well? If yes, is it possible to access it somehow on the CLI level like it's being done with the AAC encoder using QAAC? I like to experiment with the encoder.
There is iTunes Encode which seems to be capable to use this encoder, but it's really outdated and not working with my QT installation.

Reply #940
Do you know if recent QuickTime distribution comes with the mp3 encoder of iTunes as well? If yes, is it possible to access it somehow on the CLI level like it's being done with the AAC encoder using QAAC?

IIRC, MP3 encoder is not provided by CoreAudio/QuickTime (even on Mac) and is implemented in iTunes.

Reply #941
The current makeportable.cmd (Feb 6, 2015, 2:17 AM) doesn't seem to extract the current iTunes6464Setup.exe (12.3.0.44) properly- I get an empty QTFiles folder, an AppleApplicationSupport.msi installer, and an AppleApplicationSupport64.msi installer.

Reply #942
The current makeportable.cmd (Feb 6, 2015, 2:17 AM) doesn't seem to extract the current iTunes6464Setup.exe (12.3.0.44) properly- I get an empty QTFiles folder, an AppleApplicationSupport.msi installer, and an AppleApplicationSupport64.msi installer.

Not reproducing here. As far as I can see, structure of 12.3.0.44 installer is unchanged.
Maybe your download is just broken?
Can you install iTunes normally? Also, you can manually extract iTunes6464Setup.exe using 7-zip, then also extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi and AppleApplicationSupport64.msi. See what you get.

Reply #943
makeportable works fine here too.

Reply #944
I re-downloaded makeportable and iTunes and rebooted, it still didn't work. Then I re- downloaded Quicktime 7.7.6.80.95 and used my old makeportable, same result (but no 64 bit Apple Application Support, of course.)

I can manually extract the files from iTunes then Apple Application Support, but Foobar won't convert a .flac to an .m4a. When I restore the old QTFiles folder, Foobar works.  Also, the old QTFiles folder had a folder named Microsoft.VC80.CRT, this folder doesn't extract manually from Apple Application Support.

Reply #945
I installed iTunes and removed the QTFiles folder from foobar and it converted to .m4a.

For what it's worth, here's what's in the old QTFiles folder:

ASL.dll, CoreAudioToolbox.dll, CoreFoundation.dll, icudt46.dll, icuil40.dll, icuuc40.dll, libdispatch.dll, libicuin.dll, libicuuc.dll, objc.dll, pthreadVC2.dll, and the subfolder Microsoft.VC80.CRT, which contains:

Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll. I can manually extract new versions of everything except those in the subfolder, and Foobar will convert with these (and the old contents from the subfolder).

I'm using Windows 7 (64-bit) OEM.

Reply #946
The manually extracted Apple Application Support also has these files:

msvcp80.dll.8.0.50727.6195.98CB24AD_52FB_DB5F_FF1F_C8B3B9A1E18E and msvcr80.dll.8.0.50727.6195.98CB24AD_52FB_DB5F_FF1F_C8B3B9A1E18E

When I rename them to msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll and place them in the subfolder (after uninstalling iTunes and everything installed along with it), Foobar will convert the files. Removing the old Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest file does NOT work. So that is the only unupgraded file in my QTFiles folder now.

Reply #947
AppleApplicationSupport64.msi doesn't seem to have enough of the .dlls.  Trying to get qaac64 to work hasn't worked. Activating it through the command line rather than Foobar has failed so far.

Reply #948
Just tested, redownloaded everything and everything works, 32 bit and 64 bit. I don't have anything Apple installed in my system, everything is being tested in portable mode and straight with the CLI/exe.

You don't need the 80 dlls, 100 are the new ones, 120 sometimes but not here.

Please describe all you do, step by step even where you download the files and what you have installed in the system. Make a video, do whatever makes it easier to explain.

Reply #949
Name: itunes6464setup.exe
Size: 167601944 Bytes (159 MB)

CRC32: 992F204B

CRC64: 645A86B91C1EBD8C

SHA256: AEE2BE960C962BDFF6911D17C3C8209A02C69EC29201F572C0DA2F3A33721229

SHA1: 50B0412E29BCC876B48DF87BE687E5557E11A692

BLAKE2sp: 72EDE257292A2BBC8707B0806496E241019C35BBA30EB24F335D072B27104653

(calculated using the Explorer context menu of 7-zip 15.07 for Win64 when "CRC SHA" is enabled in the settings)

Extraction worked correctly, using the installed version 15.07 beta of 7-zip.

Maybe exb has an outdated version of 7-zip? For several cases, 9.20 is the recommended minimum version; I don't know which version is required to handle this installer correctly, but I would strongly recommend at least beta versions 9.3x (if you are afraid of the new beta versios 15.0x).