Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to tell if HDCD component is operating? (Read 2429 times) previous topic - next topic

How to tell if HDCD component is operating?

I have a couple of questions (actually way more than that, but...)

Where is the "status window" and how do I affect what it shows?

How can I tell whether an installed component (e.g. HDCD) is operating at any given time?

TIA

Reply #1
DSP components are active when they're in the left list of the DSP Preferences page. File format components are siltently active when you're playing a relevant file. Obviously the mp3 decoder is not active for a FLAC file.

Status window? Do you mean the status bar (at the bottom), or the output console? (Menu: View > console)

Reply #2
DSP components are active when they're in the left list of the DSP Preferences page. File format components are siltently active when you're playing a relevant file. Obviously the mp3 decoder is not active for a FLAC file.

Status window? Do you mean the status bar (at the bottom), or the output console? (Menu: View > console)

Thank you.

I've installed the HDCD component.  Where can I see its activity when playing an HDCD file?  BTW, HDCD doesn't show up in the right window (to be available for move to the left window); should it, and if so how?

Reply #3
Where can I see its activity when playing an HDCD file?

It is the %__hdcd_info%. At least if you use the default user interface: Preferences --> Display --> Default user interface.
Put the code at the end of one of the Playback state display formatting codes, and it will show if a HDCD is playing at the approriate place (top/bottom/tip) and a question mark otherwise.  Using [blockquote][ |'('%__hdcd_info%')']  [/blockquote] the parentheses are literal and will show, but the brackets mean that it will be omitted if not present.