Reply to this topicStart new topic
mpc in other containers
Justin Ruggles
post Mar 2 2009, 17:15
Post #1

Group: Developer
Member No.: 31393

Hi,

I saw in the release notes for MPC8 final that the format can be encapsulated in other containers such as MKV and NUT. I have some questions regarding how this should be done.

1. Should the whole MPC8 packet be included inside the container packet or just the data inside each AP packet?
  2. Currently, the FFmpeg MPC8 decoder uses the last 2 bytes of the SH packet as extradata or private data. Should that be used for the MKV CodecPrivate or would something more, like the whole SH packet, be better?
  3. I have only seen a few unofficial references to FOURCCs and wFormatTag values. Are there "official" values for MPC8 and/or MPC7?

This post has been edited by Justin Ruggles: Mar 2 2009, 17:15
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r2d
post Mar 2 2009, 23:30
Post #2

Musepack Developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 38630

QUOTE (Justin Ruggles @ Mar 2 2009, 18:15) *
  1. Should the whole MPC8 packet be included inside the container packet or just the data inside each AP packet?
  2. Currently, the FFmpeg MPC8 decoder uses the last 2 bytes of the SH packet as extradata or private data. Should that be used for the MKV CodecPrivate or would something more, like the whole SH packet, be better?
  3. I have only seen a few unofficial references to FOURCCs and wFormatTag values. Are there "official" values for MPC8 and/or MPC7?

1. The data inside is enough
  2. All the informations (except CRC) in the SH packet are needed for a correct decoding. If your container can keep part of this information elsewhere and you don't want to duplicate it, that's fine (I think it's even better to not duplicate it, avoids conflicts). It's just that you will need all the fields (except CRC) to initialize the decoder.
  3. To my knowledge there is no FOURCC for musepack. The sv8 container uses MPCK as magic number, maybe it can be used as FOURCC.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 00:14