Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo_wave_seekbar effect
Hengest
post Jan 6 2010, 04:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30103

A quick mod of foosion's effect for those who would like to have the RMS rendered, but keep the shading effect.

NB: this is an effect for use in foo_wave_seekbar.

Edit: forgot to add attachment >.<.

Attached File  seekbar.zip ( 1.3K ) Number of downloads: 942

This post has been edited by Hengest: Jan 6 2010, 04:51

--------------------
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hengest
post Jan 6 2010, 08:31
Post #2

Member No.: 30103

Update: a new version that scales the waveform according to replaygain values. By default, it uses the track gain, but an edit of the file will enable the use of album gain instead.
Attached File  seekbar_rg.zip ( 1.32K ) Number of downloads: 1063

--------------------
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"
+Quote Post
saivert
post Jan 25 2010, 18:30
Post #3

Member No.: 31801

what if the track doesn't have any ReplayGain metadata?
You need to code for that as well.

--------------------
http://foobar2000.saivert.com - foobar2000 component repository
+Quote Post
Purple Monkey
post May 12 2010, 13:58
Post #4

Member No.: 22962

Hope it's ok that I make this a "seekbar.fx thread", I thought it best to keep effects together.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  seekbar.fx.txt ( 6.42K ) Number of downloads: 530

+Quote Post
YoG
post Jun 27 2010, 13:26
Post #5

Member No.: 67265

Excuse me, but how do i install these 'effects' ? I tried opying and pasting the code in the WSH Panel Mod and copying the file inside the components folder, but that obviously didnt work out

Anyone?
+Quote Post
Bollerkopp
post Jun 27 2010, 13:40
Post #6

Member No.: 46899

Hi,

backup your "seekbar.fx" (for example rename it to "seekbar.fx.BAK") under "foobar2000\effects". Then just copy the new file to this folder. You have to restart foobar to take effect.
+Quote Post
YoG
post Jun 27 2010, 14:38
Post #7

Member No.: 67265

thanks for the help, but i dont have a Effects folder or a default Seekbar.fx file... i tried creating a new Effects folder and placing the seekbar file from this thread into it, restarted Foobar, but i dont see any changes
Im running the DefaultUI.. is that why i dont have a Effect folder?
+Quote Post
Case
post Jun 28 2010, 20:28
Post #8

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 322

The Effects folder is in your personal application data folder along with other player settings. You can open it by typing %appdata%\foobar2000 in an address field of any explorer window, or by holding shift and selecting selecting 'File' -> 'Browse configuration folder' menu option in foobar.
+Quote Post
Chappy2
post Jul 8 2010, 00:54
Post #9

Member No.: 82090

QUOTE (YoG @ Jun 27 2010, 07:38) *
thanks for the help, but i dont have a Effects folder or a default Seekbar.fx file... i tried creating a new Effects folder and placing the seekbar file from this thread into it, restarted Foobar, but i dont see any changes
Im running the DefaultUI.. is that why i dont have a Effect folder?

Hi

The user & program config data folders are hidden folders, and while Case gave you a way to access foobar's appdata folder quickly, in many cases (other than just fb2k) you may need access to another program's data folder, so I like to show folks where these are and how to make them visible.
You simply need to make hidden folders show in explorer view, in any window, click "Tools - Folder options" in the main menu, or you can open Ctrl Panel and then Folder Options. Click the View tab and then set Hidden Folders to show. There may be a few options in there you might wanna change in case you don't already, like hiding known file type extensions, I don't like not having these show as it can be a security issue. Some exploits have used the hidden extensions to fool users into thinking a .vbs (or whatever) file is a simple txt file, and when opened it can run malicious script.

Anyway, program and user hidden data folders are stored in the user folder, you'll now see the AppData folder visible under your user folder tree and they show as slightly faded folders. The Roaming folder is where most program config folders are stored but some may be in the Local folder too.
Hope this helps you some. If you already had hidden folders set to show....NVM the above babble.. wink.gif
Dave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 09:30