Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kruder Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions, Discussion on the reissue/remaster
audiophool
post Mar 25 2015, 17:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 116389

Does anybody have any info on the 5 x vinyl reissue of this compi? Particularly, how is the remaster, dynamic-range wise and otherwise? (There's a 24-bit res download included, the remastering was done by Bernie Grundman.) Do the digital tracks exactly match what's on the vinyl?

I own the original 4 x vinyl from 1998 but it's totally worn down. I always preferred the vinyl over the 2 x CD as you got full-length and unmixed tracks (well, actually a few tracks on the vinyl are segued). I know that the late 2014 digital re-issue (available at Beatport and such) matches what was on the 2 x CD from 1998. So it doesn't contain the full-length versions from the 1998 4 x vinyl.

Now, it appears the 2015 5 x vinyl re-issue matches what was on the 1998 4 x vinyl, except that a bonus track is thrown in. Sorry if this post was a bit confusing. Let me try to be concise:

- I am contemplating purchasing the remastered re-issue on vinyl, mainly for the included download card and for the resale value of the vinyl.
- Does the included free download match what's on the vinyl release (or does it match what's on the 2 x CD release instead)?
- What do you think of the remaster?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2015 - 09:13