Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bit perfect with windows 7 x64? (Read 3838 times) previous topic - next topic

bit perfect with windows 7 x64?

has anybody successfully achieved bit perfect playback under win 7 64-bit? previously i had win 7 x86 installed and could play DD & DTS via ffdshow bit perfect. i did a fresh install of win 7 x64 and now i only hear static noise from my amp when playing DD or DTS. i am using ffdshow audio decoder with the exact same settings and pass through over s/p dif.

hardware is a gigabyte ga-p35c ds3r with realtek audio alc889.

Reply #1
It's trivial to do it for me via HDMI, both with AMD and NV cards. Haven't used SPDIF in ages out of my HTPC so can't test that, but I'm pretty sure it's just as easy. Try WASAPI exclusive.

Reply #2
foobar with wasapi plays lossless audio and DD bit perfect but not DTS. media player classic achieves bit perfect on DTS but not on DD! this is weird.

Reply #3
I am having the same problem with Windows 7 64bits and hdmi, did you solve this ?

Reply #4
can the sample files you're using be linked from here? I decode everything though so I haven't tested this in a while, but I'm sure I have.