Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lame_enc vs lame.exe (Read 11141 times) previous topic - next topic

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Hii,
I have a few question about lame  encoder..
Which one is better for mp3 encoding  Lame.exe or lame_enc.dll?
there are very few mp3 encoder which uses lame library. Most of the mp3 encoder  uses lame command line(i.e. lame.exe ).
When i convert files into mp3 using lame_enc it produces free format mp3(not insane) and  is played by all mp3 player. So what is the diff. Between this freeformat mp3 and freeformat mp3 produced by lame.exe?
Please help me. Thank you

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #1
Which one is better for mp3 encoding  Lame.exe or lame_enc.dll?

If they are the same version, with the same encoding settings, they will both produce the same output.

Choose whichever one is easier for you.

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #2
If they are the same version, with the same encoding settings, they will both produce the same output.

Choose whichever one is easier for you.

I don't think they produce same mp3s... there is a little difference between them..

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #3
Did you bitcompare the mp3's?
The program that uses lameEnc.dll maybe adds something that lame.exe doesn't.
Did you also check the decoded wav files? Even when the mp3's are not bit exact, the wav files may be.

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #4
Did you bitcompare the mp3's?
The program that uses lameEnc.dll maybe adds something that lame.exe doesn't.
Did you also check the decoded wav files? Even when the mp3's are not bit exact, the wav files may be.

nope i didnt, i'll do this

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #5
Make sure that both lame.exe and lame_enc.dll are of the same version. The latest version is 3.99.5.

Also, maybe they were built with different compilers. Different compilers -> different optimizations -> slightly different results.
So mp3s will be different, but that's normal.

P.S. "freeformat mp3 played by all mp3 player"? Really?

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #6
Make sure that both lame.exe and lame_enc.dll are of the same version. The latest version is 3.99.5.

Also, maybe they were built with different compilers. Different compilers -> different optimizations -> slightly different results.
So mp3s will be different, but that's normal.

P.S. "freeformat mp3 played by all mp3 player"? Really?

no, they are belongs to same lame bundle..rarewares build compiled with intel compiler 14.0.3

And yes dbpoweramp says that encoder setting constant bit-rate 320kbps(free format)

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #7
please check this two image

Both the audio files are same

Check the graph also

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #8
Probably the 2nd file lacks LAME Info header.

What program do you use for converting to MP3?

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #9
first one using dbpoweramp & second one is aimp audio converter...

So what do you think which one is better?

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #10
there is some audible difference between them, bass in the second one is little bit high...

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #11
first one using dbpoweramp & second one is aimp audio converter...

So what do you think which one is better?

Yes, AIMP doesn't write 'Info header' which means that gapless playback isn't possible (there will be tiny pauses between tracks). So better to use dbPoweramp.

there is some audible difference between them, bass in the second one is little bit high...

I really doubt it.

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #12
Sample 1

sample

check these two ink if you feel any diff.

I feel

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #13
I took the time to check this out. I installed both dBpoweramp and AIMP Audio Converter. Never used them before.
First thing to do is to make sure both programs use the same lame version of course. I quickly found out neither of them uses lame_enc.dll. In fact they both use lame.exe. So I don't know why dubstep92 may think otherwise. With the same settings dBpoweramp and AIMP Audio Converter obviously produce the same mp3-stream.
I've searched my computer for lame_enc.dll and found out I still had the old Audiograbber's files. When encoding to mp3 (lame -V 5) Audiograbber by default sets (and no way to change it) the minium bitrate to 48kbps (-m j -V 5 -q 0 -lowpass 17 --vbr-new -b 48), while lame sets it to 32kbps (-m j -V 5 -q 0 -lowpass 17 --vbr-new -b 32). With AIMP Audio Converter I've changed it to 48kbps and bit-compared AIMP's generated mp3 and Audiograbber's mp3 with foobar2000's Binary Comparator plugin; a true lame.exe/lame_enc.dll-comparison. The decoded data (thus the mp3-stream) is identical, as it should be of course.
So dubstep92 wasn't using the same lame.exe in the first place.

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #14
Maybe new version of AIMP uses lame.exe but I'm sure that old versions require lame_enc.dll for MP3 encoding.

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #15
which version of aimp did you installed. i think is it 3.60 beta version... just use the build one

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #16
BTW, don't forget to uncheck "Dither" and "Anticlipping" options in options of AIMP converter if you want to compare only encoders.

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #17
BTW, don't forget to uncheck "Dither" and "Anticlipping" options in options of AIMP converter if you want to compare only encoders.

If i  uncheck them what what will  happen??

I never do this before....

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #18
Can you tell me what sould be the reaming(which has quality on right and speed on left cant remember what it exactly is )knob position?

I doubt it works...

lame_enc vs lame.exe

Reply #20
IIRC they were introduced in ver. 3.50

It was first intro in aimp 3.55version
Hey, can you tell me channel mixing and resampling  is usefull in  2 channel (source)to stereo audio conversion...

Thnank you in advance