Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiformat Listening Test @ 128 kbps - OPEN (Read 163703 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiformat Listening Test @ 128 kbps - OPEN

Reply #225
I figured it out.  I had to change my playback device setting.

Reply #226
options -> settings -> playback, and set it to "Primary Sound Driver".

edit: cool.

Reply #227
i would check sample 12 right away. i suppose my cheap earphones could be the culprid also?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356611"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should not send the results of sample 12, unless you send the results for every other sample also.
Choosing sample 12 on someone else's advice will bias your answers.

Even if you send every result, it will be somewhat biased, because you would have paid more attention to sample 12 than to the other samples, bit this problem is less important.

Reply #228
Well, as I said in a previous post, I didn't receive a significant amount of new results which makes me feel a bit upset. It's not your fault, don't get me wrong.

In that case why not extending the test until you get enough results? You're not in a hurry, are you?

Reply #229
Well, as I said in a previous post, I didn't receive a significant amount of new results which makes me feel a bit upset. It's not your fault, don't get me wrong.

In that case why not extending the test until you get enough results? You're not in a hurry, are you?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356715"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Because people really had enough time now. If they didn't test now, they won't test either.
I have to admit that the test is really hard and the actual bitrate for the encoded material is not 128 kbps, but 140 kbps. I think this makes people step back.

Anyways, the test will end today, 23:59:59 GMT.

Reply #230
I seem to remember reading about the Playback Device.

Try selecting "Options" > "Settings" > "Playback" and changing the selected device in the drop down.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #231
Anyways, the test will end today, 23:59:99 GMT.
23:59:59?
If it is, i will be one of the first reading it.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Österreich, Matthias

Reply #232
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356723"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Does this mean that we'll see the results at 24:00:00?
keeping audio clear together - soundexpert.org

Reply #233
23:59:59?
If it is, i will be one of the first reading it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356732"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oops, typo!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356723"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Does this mean that we'll see the results at 24:00:00?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356733"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nope. What I wanted to say is that no results posted after that date are going to be accepted. I will do my best to post the results on Saturday afternoon.

Reply #234
Looking forward to the results, it was very interesting for me to participate in this test. Didn't know my hearing was so bad

Reply #235
One hour left...

BTW, results are most likely going to be published on Saturday around 2 PM GMT. Hope you understand that I am pretty busy with school.

Reply #236
One hour left...

BTW, results are most likely going to be published on Saturday around 2 PM GMT. Hope you understand that I am pretty busy with school.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356878"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No problem. You've done a great job and it's a pity that so few did the test.

Still, I can't wait to see the results 

Reply #237
I was late by 2min! Wondering what is the tolerance.... I tested 6 samples (12-18). Found some diferences between the main codecs (excluding the low-anchor) in two or three samples IIRC.

The longer time to test helped a bit: I tested 2~3 samples more than I would if the test ended in 25th. But after the extending I forgot about the test, and remembered only two days ago. That is the side efect.

Anyway: thanks for this oportunity!

Reply #238
I was late by 2min! Wondering what is the tolerance.... I tested 6 samples (12-18). Found some diferences between the main codecs (excluding the low-anchor) in two or three samples IIRC.

The longer time to test helped a bit: I tested 2~3 samples more than I would if the test ended in 25th. But after the extending I forgot about the test, and remembered only two days ago. That is the side efect.

Anyway: thanks for this oportunity!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356888"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

According to the mail header, one minute too late. It's OK, I am not that anal about it.  Thanks for submitting.

Reply #239
OK, finished school work. I now started working on the results and hope to be able to post them within the next one or two hours. Stay tuned.

I think this thread can be closed now.

Reply #240
Maybe it's better to close only after the results thread is up?

(Yes, I'm getting more careful with that now )