IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
foobar2000 cannot see ALSA audio driver?
Michael Daniels
post Jan 29 2013, 06:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104201

Hi everyone smile.gif,

I'm using foobar2000 1.2.2 on Fedora 18 via Wine 1.5. By default, Wine using the PulseAudio (winepulse.drv) and foobar works properly. But when I change from PulseAudio to ALSA, foobar doesn't make sounds anymore. In foobar Preferences > Playback > Output > Device, there's nothing except for "Null Output".
As I understand, when Wine uses ALSA, foobar doesn't detect the audio card.

I don't know whether this issue is caused by Wine or foobar. When I set Wine to use ALSA, in Wine configuration dialog, tab Audio, I can still here the sound with "Test Sound" button, so that means Wine recognized ALSA.

Anyone have any ideas smile.gif? Do I have to downgrade Wine to a lower version? Thank you for any of your ideas smile.gif

Oh, by the way, the DSP Manager function of foobar seems to not work with Wine 1.5 (all buttons are grey out), also in the equalizer panel, the export or import EQ profile disappear.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Jan 29 2013, 06:48
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4082

Is your ALSA configured to output through PulseAudio? It may still be configured to output through PulseAudio.

The rest of your DSP configuration problems are probably a wine regression. It would be helpful if you could post about some of these problems on winehq.org and get someone from the wine developers to do their own testing.
+Quote Post
Michael Daniels
post Jan 29 2013, 08:24
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 104201

QUOTE (kode54 @ Jan 29 2013, 12:48) *
Is your ALSA configured to output through PulseAudio? It may still be configured to output through PulseAudio.

The rest of your DSP configuration problems are probably a wine regression. It would be helpful if you could post about some of these problems on winehq.org and get someone from the wine developers to do their own testing.

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll try to examine the ALSA configuration smile.gif.
+Quote Post
kode54
post Jan 29 2013, 09:27
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4082

Also, did you install foobar2000 in your default prefix, or did you create a separate prefix for it? It may be a good idea to test the winecfg from the correct prefix. Not that I know whether that makes a difference. I have my foobar2000 in a prefix, and it plays nice with ALSA. Of course, I never had the Pulse driver installed for it, so when I had Pulse for a while, I was using ALSA, which fed through Pulse using the default device configuration scripts that came with the Arch PulseAudio ALSA plugins package, I think.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 12:46