Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC - Process Wave, Problem Processing a WAV File with EAC
saulniers
post Jun 23 2005, 16:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22586

I'm transferring my cassette tapes to digital files. I have done line-in recording with the MusicMatch recorder and then processed the recorded WAV files using EAC to identify individual tracks and create a Cue Sheet. I have then split the large WAV file into individual tracks using EAC. This process has worked well.

Last night I recorded using the Media Center recorder. The recording appeared to go without incident. At the end of the recording session, the Media Center recorder reported it was "Normalizing" the tracks (this may be a setting I need to investigate), then displayed "Finished".

When I attempted to Process the WAV file using EAC, the processing window did not open. I ran the Compare function of EAC, using the recorded WAV file as one of the pair, and EAC read it. I imported the WAV file that EAC would not process into a WAV editor, Audacity, and examined it. It seemed to load and play normally. I also played the WAV file using WinAmp without difficulty.

EAC has processed many WAV files for me without previous incident. Any suggestions on why it will not process this latest WAV file?

This post has been edited by saulniers: Jun 23 2005, 16:11
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rutra80
post Jun 23 2005, 18:23
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 8821

EAC's editor supports only uncompressed 44100Hz 16bit stereo WAVs, if your recorded file has other parameters then that's why it won't load.

This post has been edited by rutra80: Jun 23 2005, 18:24
+Quote Post
precisionist
post Jun 24 2005, 12:49
Post #3

Member No.: 11279

QUOTE (rutra80 @ Jun 23 2005, 06:23 PM)
EAC's editor supports only uncompressed 44100Hz 16bit stereo WAVs, if your recorded file has other parameters then that's why it won't load.

In this case, EAC's compare function also shouldn't work.

--------------------
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?
+Quote Post
saulniers
post Jun 24 2005, 16:05
Post #4

QUOTE (rutra80 @ Jun 23 2005, 10:23 AM)
+Quote Post
saulniers
post Jun 24 2005, 16:09
Post #5

Dumb mistake on my part. I loaded a profile, essential.cfg, that I downloaded from the internet. It pointed the Wave Editor at a non-existent directory on my C:\ drive for processing. When I changed to an existing directory, processing proceeded normally. Thanks for your response.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 21:18