Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vorbis 1.1 released (Read 55947 times) previous topic - next topic

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #50
impulse_noisetune and impulse_trigger_profile
With the availability of these switches, users can tweak them to their heart's content to mimic GT3b2 or Megamix II, using the same executable.

i don't want to use these switches,
i use -q5 to -q9 with oggdropXPd.exe

should i continue to use GT3b2 or update to 1.1 ?

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #51
impulse_noisetune and impulse_trigger_profile
With the availability of these switches, users can tweak them to their heart's content to mimic GT3b2 or Megamix II, using the same executable.

i don't want to use these switches,
i use -q5 to -q9 with oggdropXPd.exe

should i continue to use GT3b2 or update to 1.1 ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244297"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Probably 1.1.  If pre-echo is a problem, then perhaps GT3b2 or Megamix 2.

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #52
I just did a quick test on some samples using John33's 1.1rc1 and 1.1final (both icl compiles), and the results were bit identical when decoded back to wav. Apparently, quality-wise, 1.1rc1 and 1.1 final are the same.

I then compared Case's 1.1.0 MSVC compile and Nyaochi's 1.1rc1 & Quantum Knot's 1.1rc1-itp MSVC compiles.

Nyaochi's and QK's are identical (when not using the itp options). But Case's and Nyaochi/QK compiles are not identical. I don't know if Case used a different compile options from Nyaochi & QK, or maybe he used a different version of MSVC.

In any case, I thank everyone above who provides binaries for not-so-techie people like me.  Thanks!

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #53
I've been playing with this new release and I've noticed something strange in the screen output.

These are the setings I am using:
Code: [Select]
for w in *.wav; do 
oggenc -q 5 --advanced-encode-option impulse_noisetune=-5 --advanced-encode-option lowpass_frequency=19 $w;
done

Using the 1.1 version of oggenc (Fedora Core 2 is the OS) the following is being displayed from the lowpass settings:

Changed lowpass frequency from 48.095229 kHz to 19.000000 kHz

[eric@localhost Green_Day]$ wav2ogg.sh
Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Encoding "01.Burnout.wav" to
        "01.Burnout.ogg"
at quality 5.00
Setting advanced encoder option "impulse_noisetune" to -5
Setting advanced encoder option "lowpass_frequency" to 19
Changed lowpass frequency from 48.095229 kHz to 19.000000 kHz
       [ 99.5%] [ 0m00s remaining] \

Done encoding file "01.Burnout.ogg"

File length:  2m 07.0s
       Elapsed time: 0m 18.4s
       Rate:         6.9343
       Average bitrate: 162.3 kb/s

I don't have the original oggenc installed any longer but I ran the same setings through OggEnc v1.0.1 (libvorbis 1.0.1) aoTuV beta 2. Here is a portion of the output from that:

[eric@localhost Green_Day]$ wav2ogg.sh
Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Encoding "01.Burnout.wav" to
        "01.Burnout.ogg"
at quality 5.00
Setting advanced encoder option "impulse_noisetune" to -5
Setting advanced encoder option "lowpass_frequency" to 19
Changed lowpass frequency from 20.102794 kHz to 19.000000 kHz
       [ 99.5%] [ 0m00s remaining] \

Done encoding file "01.Burnout.ogg"

File length:  2m 07.0s
       Elapsed time: 0m 14.2s
       Rate:         8.9652
       Average bitrate: 163.0 kb/s

This has been duplicated with the same album and a few other songs that I tried. Everything sounds good, so I am guessing that it is only related to screen output.
--
Eric

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #54
That looks completely correct. What do you think is wrong?

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #55
That looks completely correct. What do you think is wrong?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244424"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only thing I see wrong is that the new one says the lowpass was changed from 48.095229 kHz to 19.000000 kHz when all the rest say that it was changed from 20.102794 kHz to 19.000000 kHz. Not a major issue I admit, but incorrect none the less.
--
Eric

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #56
Why is that wrong?

You're forcing the lowpass to 19kHz.  Older Vorbises had it default to +-20kHz in that mode and newer ones default to +-48kHz.

(Apparently it's supposed to be the other way around, oops)

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #57
Why is that wrong?

You're forcing the lowpass to 19kHz.  Older Vorbises had it default to +-20kHz in that mode and newer ones default to +-48kHz.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244436"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well see there? I did not know that (newer ones default to +-48kHz). I thought it was some kind of misprint.  Thank you.
--
Eric

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #58
That does look a bit suspicious.  I just checked the source for 1.1 and the lowpass frequency for q 5 is 20.1 kHz while for q 6, it's 48 kHz.  However, for 1.0.1, the low-pass frequency for q 5 is 48 kHz.  I remember the lowpass was changed by Aoyumi in aoTuV and these changes were reflected in 1.1RC1.

Hence, your FC2 oggenc binary doesn't seem to be identical to 1.1 since it has the old lowpass values.

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #59
Can you check whether your Vorbis libs are up to date, and not just oggenc?

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #60
I need to re-check what I did. I think I may be the one in error. I'm still not too swift of the fc2 directory structure and just looking around is making me doubt myself.

If I look in /usr/local/lib all of the libogg* and libvorbis* files are dated 09/25, but in /usr/lib the same files are present but dated months older.

Let me see if I can find some solid instructions to walk me through the whole update. I've been looking since yesterday, but no luck yet.
--
Eric

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #61
where in the world is the vorbis-tools-1.1.0 src code?

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #62
where in the world is the vorbis-tools-1.1.0 src code?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245019"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not released yet, unless I am much mistaken!!

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #63
New builds now at Rarewares based on libOgg1.1.2 and libVorbis1.1.0.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244091"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John, At your convenience, could you please add a MinGW32 (standard) compile of oggenc 1.1 to Rarewares? I would like to see the speed on my old machine. Thank you 

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #64
John, At your convenience, could you please add a MinGW32 (standard) compile of oggenc 1.1 to Rarewares? I would like to see the speed on my old machine. Thank you 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245376"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll see what I can do for you.

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #65
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245376"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll see what I can do for you. [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245401"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would greatly appreciate that 

Vorbis 1.1 released

Reply #66
A little off-topic... can somebody tell me where i can find a gui for these great tools?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://members.home.nl/w.speek/oggifier.htm]http://members.home.nl/w.speek/oggifier.htm[/url]