Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.4 beta (Read 63080 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

foobar2000 v0.9.4 beta 1 is available.

Download at http://foobar2000.org/beta/

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #2
changelog:

* Properties dialog improvements
    * Startup/shutdown speed optimizations
    * Added LAME version and partial settings detection for MP3 files
    * Replaced old “Fix MP3 Header” command with a new set of MP3-related utility commands
    * “ID3v2 Writer Compatibility Mode” with workarounds for common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations
    * “Copy” button in components list
    * freedb support now included with the installer
    * Rewritten embedded cuesheet metadata handling
    * Rewritten ReplayGain info editor dialog

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #3
Changelog?

From http://foobar2000.org/changelog.html

Properties dialog improvements
Startup/shutdown speed optimizations
Added LAME version and partial settings detection for MP3 files
Replaced old “Fix MP3 Header” command with a new set of MP3-related utility commands
“ID3v2 Writer Compatibility Mode” with workarounds for common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations
“Copy” button in components list
freedb support now included with the installer
Rewritten embedded cuesheet metadata handling
Rewritten ReplayGain info editor dialog

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #4
* “ID3v2 Writer Compatibility Mode” with workarounds for common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations

WoW me 

I'm glad to see ID3 v2.3 support in 0.9.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #5

WoW me 

I'm glad to see ID3 v2.3 support in 0.9.

How do you know it's ID3v2.3 support?
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #7
Thanks for the ID3v2.3 support!
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #8
Awesome!  Can I confirm that external cue sheet support has been changed as well (before I do something stupid to my collection!)?  All the Index 00's are now retained and the additional (previously unsupported) fields are now supported?  I am in the process of embedding those cuesheets but was leaving 0.8.3 around in the meantime.

Thanks!!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #9
  • Rewritten embedded cuesheet metadata handling

Oooh, I wonder what it does? Does anyone know? (No, I don't want to try it out myself now... )

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #10
Has hell really frozen over?  ID3v2.3 support!  Excellent!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #11
Does "Rebuild mp3 stream" include "Fix vbr mp3 header"? (if being applied on a vbr mp3)

Another question. I don't know if "apply replaygain to mp3 data" is new: This does touch the file. Does it do mp3gain? Why don't you store undo information then?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #12
I'd also like to know what has been changed with regard to cuesheets. Please?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #13
RE:  * Replaced old “Fix MP3 Header” command with a new set of MP3-related utility commands
Can anyone elaborate on that please? Thank you.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #14
Here are the new commands:

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #15
Thx for the release~!
Btw just found out a bug, fb2k 0.9.4 b1 couldnt exit properly,
i have to open Task manager and end task manually...

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #16
* Added LAME version and partial settings detection for MP3 files
Where should that function be ? I don't see anything in the propertities dialog 

* Rewritten ReplayGain info editor dialog
I liked the old layout more, but i don't use that too often anyways...

* Properties dialog improvements
If i open the propertities window for a single file, the text in the field window is auto-wrapping, but for multiple files not. Is this intentional ?

(Maybe this was in before, i just didn't notice it)

Thanks for the new version, btw !

EDIT:
Btw just found out a bug, fb2k 0.9.4 b1 couldnt exit properly, i have to open Task manager and end task manually...
Works here under W2KSP4

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #17
I have no problem viewing the LAME settings:

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #18
OK, i was able to find some MP3s where the 'Tool' field is available. But on the most files encoded by myself with fb2k & LAME 3.97b there's no 'Tool'...
Your propertities windows look different. Are you using a custom windows theme ?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #19

With this option activated, i lost my %rating% tags and embedded dynamic lyrics when the file was updated (play_counter).
The plugin "Lyric Show Panel" is unable to write lyrics to file

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #20

How do you know it's ID3v2.3 support?

Just try it. Then use mp3tag or other tagger to check the version.

Thanks! I love the sour "common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations" remark by the way. 

Is ID3v2.4 still default? Can't test it here because haven't got a Windows box around right now...
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #21

With this option activated, i lost my %rating% tags and embedded dynamic lyrics when the file was updated (play_counter).
The plugin "Lyric Show Panel" is unable to write lyrics to file

Geez, that's why you don't use a beta "productively" on your actual music files right away... but rather on copies to see if any of your collected meta data gets lost or transformed in any way.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #22
I think this would be a good time to add "KS: Primary Output Device" to the Output device dropdown list.

Anybody else want this too?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #23
Is ID3v2.4 still default? Can't test it here because haven't got a Windows box around right now...

Yep.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #24
Thanks for properties box improvements, selectable read-only field makes tag edit easier. The copy button works like a charm too. Also it seems startup is a lot faster now for the first run and about 10% faster for any restart.

EDIT:There's percent statistic in the properties dialog if you select multiple files.