Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559388 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5400
$tab() does now work in group titles

FOR SURE??? Wohooo... have to update and try out right noooow

edit:
Well it works but that line which seperates the groups disappears. Is it possible to keep it in between?

And with the newest Version I don't see my stars and other special characters anymore!! ★♫▶ are only squares now
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Columns UI

Reply #5402
Well, why did it work before without a problem? And I still can see the icons in my titleformatting (no $char() string used)

Columns UI

Reply #5403
Ask whoever wrote the emulation/whatever software you are using..?

Columns UI

Reply #5404
Sry to bother... as I'm using it not on Windows I know that there are other things that might have an impact on this.
But since I didn't change anything besides your plugin and I know that you made some changes to the code regarding special characters I thought it could have something to do with it.
I'll try to fix it another way then...

But what about that seperation line, possible?

Columns UI

Reply #5406
Hi all.

I'm new to Columns UI and I'm almost done setting up my configuration for it, I just need some assistance with a few more things.
  • Where can I find a star ratings system? I see it in a lot of configurations but don't know where to find it.
  • How do I create tabs for switching between a Media Library, Playlist and whatever other display I want?
  • Am I able to make use of Global Hotkeys under the UI? If so, how?
  • What's the script that I need to input so that the grouping will display the disc number (Planetary Pieces: Sonic World Adventure Original Soundtrack -Disc 1-)?

I hope that this is the correct place to ask these questions. Thanks musicmusic for creating such an awesome UI, I'm really liking it.

Columns UI

Reply #5407
[...]
Thanks - I'm not sure I want to mess with any convoluted delayed reactions, as it would get quite complicated.

The main delay from generating the playlist is from sorting, if possible changing the script for it in Filter prefs can help. I may be able to use some tricks here to help (e.g. caching and things). I'll have a look if there is anything else I can do to speed things up for such large datasets.

$tab() does now work in group titles. Thank you very much, musicmusic. Alas the horizontal line disappears when $tab() is used. I guess I can't have everything though or is there something you can do?
Yes, I enabled it since it didn't seem to hurt.  As for the line, maybe, I didn't want to mess around with this for these releases but I may be able to make it work.

Columns UI

Reply #5408
[...]
Thanks - I'm not sure I want to mess with any convoluted delayed reactions, as it would get quite complicated.

The main delay from generating the playlist is from sorting, if possible changing the script for it in Filter prefs can help. I may be able to use some tricks here to help (e.g. caching and things). I'll have a look if there is anything else I can do to speed things up for such large datasets.

What about simply enclosing the "All" item with parentheses instead? This way, you could safely type "A" and only ever hit "All" if you really wanted it (after all, how many artists have names beginning with a parenthesis?)

Columns UI

Reply #5409
  • Where can I find a star ratings system? I see it in a lot of configurations but don't know where to find it.
  • How do I create tabs for switching between a Media Library, Playlist and whatever other display I want?
  • What's the script that I need to input so that the grouping will display the disc number (Planetary Pieces: Sonic World Adventure Original Soundtrack -Disc 1-)?

Star Ratings in CUI Playlist:
File - Preferences - Display - Columns UI - Playlist view - Columns
(Scripts/Display section of a new column)
Code: [Select]
$repeat(?,%rating%)

Edit: I should mention that this method writes the ratings to the files. There is an official component that handles ratings and saves them to the database: http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Download ("Playback Statistics")

Tabs: Use a Tab Stack:
*Right Click*
Insert panel - Splitters - Tab stack

Disc number:
Code: [Select]
[ -Disc %discnumber%-]

Columns UI

Reply #5410
What about simply enclosing the "All" item with parentheses instead?

Good idea. Talking of parentheses, I'd like to be able to assign to them a different color. I first saw that in the default UI component "Facets". Everything in brackets is gray there. It's a nice feature that helps speeding up the reading process.

Columns UI

Reply #5411
I'm running CUI 0.3.7.3 and Vista 64 SP2. It seems with new track notification balloon enabled, after getting my monitor locked and turn off by screensaver and power management. Sometimes I can't bring foobar back from the tray with double mouse clicks on the tray icon (likely after new track), had to use the keyboard shortcut. Please look into it.

The same problem occurs with the latest version, 0.3.7.8. This time, I'm pretty sure it happens whether foobar was playing music or not. So I don't think "Show popup notification balloons" has anything to do with it.

Columns UI

Reply #5412
Would it be possible to implement option "Don't display albumart when number of items in grup is less than X" (ideally - automatically check that height of all items in group is less than height of albumart and automatically disable it for that group) (:

Columns UI

Reply #5414
--- sorry if this has been asked before, I didn´t read the 217 pages of this thread ...  ---

I guess it´s not possible in NG Playlist to have a "footer" for each column to sum up values there like %length% or %size% (as you can do in the playlist switcher).

Don´t you think this would be a nice feature to add to future versions?

Columns UI

Reply #5415
I think so! Nice idea. I'd also like to see how many items one selected and how many are in the current playlist.

Columns UI

Reply #5416
Playlist Dropdown and Playlist switcher already have that ability, why not use them?

Columns UI

Reply #5417
@musicmusic: Are you ever going to implement a ratings column like in this WMP 12 screenshot where you can hover with the mouse and alter ratings with a single left click? I really prefer Columns UI's NG Playlist over ELPlaylist because of its much better performance, but I miss that feature. It's not too comfy having to enter values from 1 to 5 with keyboard keys for each song.

Columns UI

Reply #5418
Why not use Quick Tagger in order to rate your songs?  Then you can right-click one song or a whole group of songs and set the rating.  Maybe it's not quite the answer you're looking for, but it might be quicker than editing the rating with the keyboard.

Columns UI

Reply #5419
Playlist Dropdown and Playlist switcher already have that ability, why not use them?

yes, that´s what I do now, but adding %size% AND %length% there produces a very big string and doesn´t look nice, whereas in NG playlist there would be needed one additional line to have it displayed clearly - just an idea...

Columns UI

Reply #5420
Since there is already information about the length of the selected items in the status bar, it might be a good idea to put any additional info concerning amount of selected/total tracks into the status bar as well.

Columns UI

Reply #5421
Since there is already information about the length of the selected items in the status bar, it might be a good idea to put any additional info concerning amount of selected/total tracks into the status bar as well.

hmm, I don´t use the status bar, because it´s ugly, but of course to display it there makes sense for those who use it.

Just to be shure, my proposal was meant to add it to NG Playlist as an OPTION (like the column headers), so you don´t HAVE to use it there

Columns UI

Reply #5422
I need DUI's spectrum analyzer panel in CUI layout. How can I insert this panel to the layout?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Columns UI

Reply #5424
I tried this plugin. But I need EXACTLY the same appearence like in DUI plugin.

P.S. Sorry for my English
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!