Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fixation? (Read 1682 times) previous topic - next topic

Fixation?

Hi,
I tried to burn some stuff to a CD using an HP +8100 Cd-writer. The writer is on a machine running Windows 2003and the burnig software I was using is Nero 6.

I have not been successful because I have been getting an erro that just informs me that the burning process would not complete, and an error that says 'could not perform fixation'.

Everything else works fine, the verification process completes perfectly, it also encodes perfectly. But the problem comes when I click the burn process and the status bar of the burning process reaches something like 30%, that is when the error pops up.

We once thought it was an issue of drivers, but this can not be so because Nero picks that the machine has a CD writer in the first place.

Any suggestions?

Fixation?

Reply #1
It's a wild guess, but if you're using it from a limited user account, you may need BurnRights.