IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
foobar "FLAC" tag error, Cannot update id tags in Foobar, please help!
landis
post Dec 6 2008, 02:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 63961

I'm getting a new hifi system, a Cambridge 740A integrated amp, and a pair of B&W 683's. I'm using my pc as a source, and would like to have the best possible quality sound coming from my digital music. So i searched and came up with Foobar, and EAC. I want to rip them in FLAC because i heard its the best lossless file type, but when i do this with EAC, and put it in Foobar, i come up with this message when i try to update the artist, album, ect. The title of the song still shows, but thats all.

Could not update tags (Unsupported format or corrupted file) on:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Landis\My Documents\Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love- Best Of Volume I- Van Halen.wav"

Foobar can change tag on all my other files, which are mp3, how come it cant do this one? Any help would be appreciated, i have been trying to figure this out now for 48 hours and have done everything and still cannot figure it out.

Moderation: Please do not use ALL-CAPS for topic title.

This post has been edited by Yirkha: Dec 6 2008, 13:29
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Yirkha
post Dec 6 2008, 02:44
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator
Member No.: 49158

QUOTE (landis @ Dec 6 2008, 02:31) *
"C:\Documents and Settings\Landis\My Documents\Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love- Best Of Volume I- Van Halen.wav"
foobar2000 can't tag WAV files.
If they were really FLAC, it would work fine.

--------------------
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.
+Quote Post
landis
post Dec 6 2008, 03:15
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 63961

well, that explains that....i fixed, thanks to your keen observation, the issue, and am now tagging left and right. thnx again, cheers
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 20:53