Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Apple Lossless (Read 4633 times) previous topic - next topic

Apple Lossless

I am planning on archiving all my music onto my computer as Apple Lossless files because I mainly use iTunes and iPods only. I was doing this so that if a new encoder or lossy file compression comes along that is superior I can just have it encoded from the lossless files instead of putting all the CD's in one at a time and re-tagging/getting album art. Am I correct in believing that if I convert an Apple Lossless file to say, a 192 VBR AAC file I would get the same result as though I converted the file right from the CD? I hope my question is comprehendable. Thanks!

Apple Lossless

Reply #1
You are correct, converting to lossy from lossless is the same as ripping to lossy from CD. Lossless = CD.

EDIT: Why is this in Speech Codecs?
we was young an' full of beans