Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_utils (Read 180072 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_utils

Utilities (foo_utils)
Provides various general commands.
  • multi-level, per playlist undo and redo
  • copy and paste for playlist items
  • command search
  • extended playlist editing
  • play arbitrary track from context menu
  • send tracks to a playlist chosen from the context menu (no extra dialog involved)

The latest version for foobar2000 0.9x is available from my components page. Versions for foobar2000 0.8.3 and older are no longer available.

foo_utils

Reply #1
foo_utils 0.3.5
  • fixed metadb_handle leak when no saved playlists exist
foo_utils 0.3.4
  • "Highlight in playlist" now works for multiple items
foo_utils 0.3.3
  • the following contex menu commands are no longer shown on the context menu of the playlist:
    "Edit/Insert into playlist",
    "Edit/Add to playlist",
    "Edit/Send to playlist",
    "Edit/Remove from playlist"

foo_utils

Reply #2
foo_utils 0.3.6
  • fixed crash when closing fb2k after copying files to the clipboard

foo_utils

Reply #3
foo_utils 0.3.7
  • fixed metadb_handle leak when pasting files that were copied to the clipboard by the same fb2k instance

foo_utils

Reply #4
Thanks foosion make this good plugins,this is usefull is music manager.
I try to recomplie it but got a lots of errors.

--------------------Configuration: foo_utils - Win32 Release--------------------
Linking...
searchcmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class service_factory_base * service_factory_base::list" (?list@service_factory_base@@0PAV1@A)
commands.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class service_factory_base * service_factory_base::list" (?list@service_factory_base@@0PAV1@A)
../Release/foo_utils.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 46 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

foo_utils.dll - 81 error(s), 0 warning(s)
What's wrong? @_@

foo_utils

Reply #5
Thanks foosion make this good plugins,this is usefull is music manager.
I try to recomplie it but got a lots of errors.

--------------------Configuration: foo_utils - Win32 Release--------------------
Linking...
searchcmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class service_factory_base * service_factory_base::list" (?list@service_factory_base@@0PAV1@A)
../Release/foo_utils.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 46 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

foo_utils.dll - 81 error(s), 0 warning(s)
What's wrong? @_@

You have to set up dependencies: In Visual Studio 6, go to 'Project/Dependencies', select foo_utils from the dropdown box  and check foobar2000_component_client, foobar2000_sdk, foobar2000_sdk_helpers and foosion_helpers. I hope the version of the foosion_helpers library on my web page will suffice; if not, I will update it when I find the time.

And please remove the huge error log from your post; it is a bit annoying to have to skip over all that.

foo_utils

Reply #6
foo_utils 0.4.0
  • added commands to directly send tracks to an existing playlist
Please note that you have to enable those commands first in the preferences ("Components/Playlist tools"). The difference between "enabled (show new)" and "enable (hide new)" is that with the former entries for new playlists will automatically be added to the context menu. The generated command names are rather inconvenient, but that's about the best thing that can be done with the current version of foobar2000. At least the commands will be properly sorted when displayed (unless you rearrange them manually). Note that you can pick one of several formats used to display those commands when viewed in the actual context menu.

Link:
foo_utils-0.4.0.zip

foo_utils

Reply #7
it seems like if you move the context menu items around for the adding and sending to playlists, they disappear completely.  is there a way to get them back without removing the plugin restaring foobar, closing foobar, reinstalling plugin, and starting foobar one more time?

foo_utils

Reply #8
it seems like if you move the context menu items around for the adding and sending to playlists, they disappear completely.  is there a way to get them back without removing the plugin restaring foobar, closing foobar, reinstalling plugin, and starting foobar one more time?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=252567"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Could you please tell me, what exactly causes these entries to vanish, as I have not been able to reproduce it so far. Anyway, moving these commands might not be a good idea, unless the number of playlists stays the same. The current foobar2000 API does not allow to insert a dynamically generated submenu in an elegant way.

foo_utils

Reply #9
it seems like if you move the context menu items around for the adding and sending to playlists, they disappear completely.  is there a way to get them back without removing the plugin restaring foobar, closing foobar, reinstalling plugin, and starting foobar one more time?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=252567"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Could you please tell me, what exactly causes these entries to vanish, as I have not been able to reproduce it so far. Anyway, moving these commands might not be a good idea, unless the number of playlists stays the same. The current foobar2000 API does not allow to insert a dynamically generated submenu in an elegant way.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=252578"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i am not 100% sure, but now i dont get the commands at all, unless i manually add them to the context menu, which is kinda useless to go through all that trouble each time a new playlist is added

foo_utils

Reply #10
i am not 100% sure, but now i dont get the commands at all, unless i manually add them to the context menu, which is kinda useless to go through all that trouble each time a new playlist is added[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253034"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you use "enabled (hide new)" or "enabled (show new)"?

foo_utils

Reply #11
In foo_utils for foobar2000 0.9, could you add a keyboard shortcut for selecting all text in the the focused input pane, please?

Ctrl-A would be nice.

Thank you very much.

PS. I tested with foo_utils 0.5 beta 4.

foo_utils

Reply #12
foo_utils 0.5
  • ported to 0.9 beta

foo_utils 0.5.2

Some cosmetic fixes to "Edit/Add to playlist" and its friends "Edit/Send to playlist" and "Edit/Insert into playlist". Like "Edit/Highligh in playlist", they no longer show on the active playlist.

Additionally, you can now make playlists read-only ("Playlist/Read-only" in the main menu). This only works for playlists that are not already used by another "playlist lock". The currently existing playlist locks are autoplaylist (from foo_autoplaylist) and the playback queue viewer (from foo_pqview), and now the read-only lock (from foo_utils).

The preferences page has been split into "Playlist tools" and "Text tools". The plan is to eventually move the text tools into a separate component that supports multiple presets.

foo_utils 0.5x is available as part my components package for 0.9 and can be downloaded from my beta components page.

foo_utils

Reply #13
Big thanks for the read-only option.  That'll come in very handy.

foo_utils

Reply #14
In foo_utils for foobar2000 0.9, could you add a keyboard shortcut for selecting all text in the the focused input pane, please?

Ctrl-A would be nice.

Thank you very much.

PS. I tested with foo_utils 0.5 beta 4.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339960"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure since when, but I've noticed cycling through the panes with Tab or Shift-Tab does what I need, more or less.

foo_utils

Reply #15
Another shortcuts are nice for the playlist such Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V. I find it difficult to move the mouse to the submenu everytime I want to copy and paste when we can define shortcuts for them.

foo_utils

Reply #16
how exactly do i get use the multiple level undo?

i have the option selected in the preferences but pressing control-z still has the same effect.

foo_utils

Reply #17
Components cannot replace or modify existing menu commands, they can only add new ones. You have to change your menu and keyboard shortcut configuration to take advantage of the undo and redo commands provided by foo_utils.

foo_utils

Reply #18
There is a chinese version of foo_utils which contains some new disk-functions listed below: delete, recycle (just like foo_massdelete) and send to ....(not playlist but somewhere in the disk).
Is this version ever released or someone else adds these functions by himself?

Sorry for my poor English.

foo_utils

Reply #19
I neither made a chinese version nor did I add these functions in the official version.

foo_utils

Reply #20
Firstly, many thanks for your plug-ins whitch are very useful for my everyday use of foobar.
I think I found a bug while using foo_utils and various other add-ons (such as database search or Album list): if while listening to a track, I do a search on any criteria, trying to play the new found track by right-clicking on it, then selecting play doesn't play the selected track but start over the one currently playing. This error did not seem to exist with the previous version (0.5.2)
Hope that will help
Thanks again. 

specs: foobar 0.9 Beta 13 with foo_utils 0.5.3

foo_utils

Reply #21
thanks for keeping up on these plugins, they have helped me along the way. 

One thing i would like to request for the pqview.dll is if you can implement an easier way to remove the songs from the enqueued playlist. 

Thanks

foo_utils

Reply #22
I would love to see presets for the text tools part.

As I currently use this plugin for two different purposes:
  • list all my files in a specific playlist with various information (Like this )
  • list all albums in a specific playlist with other information (Like that)
And if I need it in the mode not already entered, I must past a code stored elsewhere which is not very useful.

Not very annoying as I do not use it intensively but it would be nice. (and I saw that you intended to do something like that)

by the way the first post is not updated