Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Problem uploading avatar
Moguta
post Nov 30 2003, 22:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2395

I'm trying to upload an avatar that is 5KB in size, 100x100. However, whenever I upload it, my avatar doesn't change from the old.

I've even tried Remove Avatar, then uploading the new av, but the previous one still comes back!

Help?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CiTay
post Nov 30 2003, 22:51
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Try now, i deleted your old one.
+Quote Post
Moguta
post Dec 1 2003, 01:22
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2395

Apologies, everything is fine. I thought I had Mozilla set to always compare the cache against files-to-be-downloaded, but it wasn't.

My cache simply kept the old one around, while everyone else was seeing the new. =p

Feel free to close.
+Quote Post
ScorLibran
post Dec 1 2003, 01:38
Post #4

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7495

I've had this problem, too. I've asked a mod one time to delete an old on for me, but since I like changing every now and then, and the mods have better things to do than delete my old avatars, what I do is: remove it, close my browser (logging off of HA), come back a little later, hit "remove avatar" again just for good measure, and then upload my new one. That's worked everytime for me so far. (Also you have to specify the actual image dimensions in the fields provided, or it will "stretch" it to 100x100 if it was originally smaller.)

It may be a browser or cache thing that's doing it, but I haven't isolated the cause. Anyway, the workaround I use is easy enough.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 02:50