11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
foo_uie_tabs, open ui extensions in a tabbed panel
Moonwhaler
post Nov 15 2004, 00:14
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 14010

Err.... Bug? I just re-installed my whole f2K (completely deleted the old installation), then added several plugins (including ColumnsUI) and imported my old CUI configuration. foo_uie_tabs works fine (I added history and database as tab), but when I close foo and start it again my previous configuration is gone (the tab-config)... Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks big time!
Moon

edit: typo

This post has been edited by Moonwhaler: Nov 15 2004, 00:16

--------------------
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
badrad
post Nov 15 2004, 03:55
Post #77

Member No.: 18084

Thank you very much for this plugin, I find it very useful, and look forward to continued development.
+Quote Post
badrad
post Nov 15 2004, 04:13
Post #78

Member No.: 18084

Hey I am really digging this, thanks a lot.

Am I missing something? I would like to be able to have more then one extension in each tab, is this possible? If not, could it be?
+Quote Post
Sandman2012
post Nov 15 2004, 05:59
Post #79

Member No.: 13034

I get the same bug as well, with the panels config not saved on a restart f foobar. Gonna switch to the older version for now.

edit: just saw on the last page that it may have been fixed. Trying it now.

edit2: work like a charm. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sandman2012: Nov 15 2004, 06:04
+Quote Post
Phi
post Nov 15 2004, 14:55
Post #80

Member No.: 4829

QUOTE (upNorth @ Nov 15 2004, 05:45 AM)
QUOTE (Phi @ Nov 14 2004, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (upNorth @ Nov 14 2004, 11:56 PM)
Thanks for making such a useful plugin.  smile.gif

Request:
Could you make it an option to center tab names?
You mean they're not already centered? Or would you like them to be left/right aligned? Unfortunately I have no control over that, so you're stuck with whichever way Windows decides to draw them.
Nah, after a closer look, it appears they can't really make up their mind. Some seems to be left aligned, and some centered.

I use width=4 and height=3 to make it as small as possible, but when I increase width to e.g. 30, all looks close to centered.

But, this is not a major problem at all. I'll probably leave it as is, or maybe add some padding before the name if I feel really pedantic. biggrin.gif

Ah, ok then.

QUOTE (rocketsauce @ Nov 15 2004, 08:09 AM)
That got me thinking.  huh.gif  Is it feasible that somehow foo_uie_tabs could be made so that it is possible to load more than one panel in a single tab? Then both foo_uie_trackinfo and foo_uie_albumart could be displayed in a single tab. Another example: I have an album list view that displays tracks by date and an album list view that displays tracks by decade. It would be cool if I could load both of them into a single tab rather than having a separate tab for each view.

Well, this can be done without uie_tabs' help. Someone just needs to follow the design concept of this plugin, and make a ui extension that doubles as an extension host. Then the "split" host extension could be added as a tab.

That would be pretty cool, since if uie_tabs was the only extension in the sidebar, it would be like having 4 separately configured sidebars on top of each other.
+Quote Post
krazy
post Nov 15 2004, 15:36
Post #81

Member No.: 6981

@rocketsauce

That's an awesome idea! cool.gif
+Quote Post
Moonwhaler
post Nov 15 2004, 20:34
Post #82

Member No.: 14010

QUOTE (Moonwhaler @ Nov 15 2004, 01:14 AM)
Err.... Bug? I just re-installed my whole f2K (completely deleted the old installation), then added several plugins (including ColumnsUI) and imported my old CUI configuration. foo_uie_tabs works fine (I added history and database as tab), but when I close foo and start it again my previous configuration is gone (the tab-config)... Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks big time!
Moon

edit: typo

OK, be as dumb as me and you're done with... I just did the general mistake: Don't read the posts, just post! Thanks Sandman2012 for your kind hint - and thank you Phi for programming this great plugin wink.gif

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Moonwhaler: Nov 15 2004, 20:38

--------------------
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.
+Quote Post
Xerion
post Nov 17 2004, 13:00
Post #83

Member No.: 18177

Great plugin, I just hope someone makes a plugin to put several components on 1 tab smile.gif

My Foobar Pic
+Quote Post
phew
post Nov 17 2004, 15:46
Post #84

Member No.: 17819

QUOTE (Phi @ Nov 14 2004, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (dano @ Nov 14 2004, 11:35 PM)
where can i rename a tab? (if this means renaming the caption, e.g. from "Database Explorer" to "DB Expl" to have a shorter string

Right click on a tab and select "Rename tab..."

Hi Phi,
I've tried to rename the tabs too but the "Rename Tab" item doesn't show in the list. Any ideas what I could try to solve this? I'm using the latest version (26kb).
Thanks for your great plug!!
phew

This post has been edited by phew: Nov 17 2004, 15:46
+Quote Post
drbeachboy
post Nov 17 2004, 16:53
Post #85

Member No.: 17776

QUOTE (Xerion @ Nov 17 2004, 08:00 AM)
Great plugin, I just hope someone makes a plugin to put several components on 1 tab smile.gif

My Foobar Pic

Hi Xerion,

I really like your configuration. Would you care to share what skin, and the config settings that you are using?

--------------------
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"
+Quote Post
Xerion
post Nov 17 2004, 17:22
Post #86

QUOTE (drbeachboy @ Nov 17 2004, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (Xerion @ Nov 17 2004, 08:00 AM)

My Foobar Pic

Hi Xerion,

I really like your configuration. Would you care to share what skin, and the config settings that you are using?

Hi,
I'm using a windowblinds skin named "Doublet" to skin my windows. In foobar I'm using the columns UI formatting string "Fusion" of which I have edited the colors and some other things. For the trackinfo panel I'm using a modified version of the string posted by Free in the foo_uie_trackinfo thread. Using the columns UI setting to show all toolbars, I have added panel stacks to the toolbar which I have given a minimum height so they'll display right. To actually have multiple panel stacks I have compiled 2 more panel stack DLL's with modified source so they have different GUID's. It's a bit of a hack but I don't have a lot of programming skill (yet anyway tongue.gif).
+Quote Post
ilikedirtthe2nd
post Nov 17 2004, 18:16
Post #87

Member No.: 352

I have added panel stacks to the toolbar which I have given a minimum height so they'll display right. To actually have multiple panel stacks I have compiled 2 more panel stack DLL's with modified source so they have different GUID's. It's a bit of a hack but I don't have a lot of programming skill (yet anyway tongue.gif).

You can load two instances of the pannel stack by holding [shift]!
+Quote Post
mazy
post Nov 17 2004, 18:22
Post #88

Member No.: 7705

i have two uie_tabs and i didn't have to recompile them. you can use modifier keys to force to 'add' new instance of extension, though for example playlist_find doesn't support that ...

edit: i was too slow (plus i didn't remember which key, hehe). btw donnie darko owns wink.gif

This post has been edited by mazy: Nov 17 2004, 18:24

--------------------
info about my tag guesser script for foo_lua (preview version available):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=16987
+Quote Post
filon
post Nov 17 2004, 18:47
Post #89

Member No.: 11932

I think, that option to add another panel instance should be available from menu. It simply should be better exposed, as it is quite frequently used feature. Right now it's kind of hidden...
+Quote Post
NEMO7538
post Nov 17 2004, 19:35
Post #90

Group: Developer
Member No.: 10088

You can actually load multiple instances of a panel by either :
- holding the "Shift" key when selecting the panel to add it as a "primary" panel
- just selecting the panel from within a tabbed one

However not all panels behave equally. I have performed a quick test with results below :

Case 1 Some work well :
- Tabbed panels
- Playlist switcher
- Album list
- History

Case 2 Some allow only one instance (the former instance will disappear) :
- Track info
- Enqueue list

Case 3 Some will crash foobar :
- Album Art

Maybe the developpers could align themselves on Case 1, which is obviously the most polite behavior.

This post has been edited by NEMO7538: Nov 17 2004, 19:42
+Quote Post
Xerion
post Nov 17 2004, 20:33
Post #91

Ah I didn't know about the shift key, but still, I can't set different minimum heights using that method, while I can set up the properties seperatly with my hacked panel stacks smile.gif
+Quote Post
Phi
post Nov 18 2004, 12:55
Post #92

QUOTE (phew @ Nov 18 2004, 01:46 AM)
I've tried to rename the tabs too but the "Rename Tab" item doesn't show in the list. Any ideas what I could try to solve this? I'm using the latest version (26kb).

Hrmm... I have no idea. The only thing I can suggest is to start up foobar once with the plugin deleted, then download it again, etc.

QUOTE (NEMO7538 @ Nov 18 2004, 05:35 AM)
You can actually load multiple instances of a panel by either :
- holding the "Shift" key when selecting the panel to add it as a "primary" panel
- just selecting the panel from within a tabbed one

However not all panels behave equally. I have performed a quick test with results below :

Case 1 Some work well :
- Tabbed panels
- Playlist switcher
- Album list
- History

Case 2 Some allow only one instance (the former instance will disappear) :
- Track info
- Enqueue list

Case 3 Some will crash foobar :
- Album Art

Maybe the developpers could align themselves on Case 1, which is obviously the most polite behavior.

As musicmusic mentioned in another thread, allowing multiple instances doesn't make sense for all ui extensions. Granted, having more than one track info instance would be useful, and will probably be implemented eventually.
+Quote Post
rexy
post Nov 18 2004, 18:26
Post #93

Member No.: 12351

As for foo_uie_albumart, my inside build already fixes the crash (I'll release it soon when I have time to change some other things in it). I think I'll be enabling multiple instances for the next version, actually. I feel embarrassed to be the only one in group number 3, so I'll try to make up for it by putting it directly in group number 1 with the next version blush.gif.
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Nov 19 2004, 15:38
Post #94

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2776

Phi,

could you please consider to change the font settings from MS Sans Serif to Tahoma or better, the current default font for dialog window elements? The following screenshot taken from the first page should illustrate what I mean, just compare the font of the panel tabs with the font of the playlist tabs.

+Quote Post
Phi
post Nov 20 2004, 06:02
Post #95

QUOTE (Frank_Bicking @ Nov 20 2004, 01:38 AM)
Phi,

could you please consider to change the font settings from MS Sans Serif to Tahoma or better, the current default font for dialog window elements?

Ok.
+Quote Post
esa372
post Nov 20 2004, 19:27
Post #96

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 16796

QUOTE (Phi @ Nov 18 2004, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE (phew @ Nov 18 2004, 01:46 AM)
Hrmm... I have no idea. The only thing I can suggest is to start up foobar once with the plugin deleted, then download it again, etc.
I was having the same problem as phew (no "Rename Tab" option), but Phi's suggestion did the trick.

Thanks! I'm really diggin' this plug-in!

~esa

--------------------
Clowns love haircuts; so should Lee Marvin's valet.
+Quote Post
phew
post Nov 20 2004, 23:44
Post #97

Member No.: 17819

I don't know what it was in the end BUT it's solved now! ;-)
Thank you Phi!!
+Quote Post
Phi
post Nov 21 2004, 13:34
Post #98

Updated to version 0.1.5.

Changes:
  • configurable font
  • fixes bug wrt closing extension windows (you may have noticed a brief flash on foobar exit)
+Quote Post
metal_termite
post Nov 21 2004, 14:34
Post #99

Member No.: 15248

QUOTE (Xerion @ Nov 17 2004, 07:00 AM)

My Foobar Pic

How did you get the album list panel on the right side?
+Quote Post
mazy
post Nov 21 2004, 16:28
Post #100

Member No.: 7705

QUOTE (metal_termite @ Nov 21 2004, 02:34 PM)
How did you get the album list panel on the right side?
that's not right side (well, ehm wink.gif), but toolbar area. he used recompiled version of uie_tabs with different gui, so he could set different minimal heights for it to display correctly when used as toolbar ...

--------------------
info about my tag guesser script for foo_lua (preview version available):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=16987
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 17:40