IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Relay playback to XBMC, Help a rookie with an idea!
mackan2
post Sep 26 2008, 00:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58652

I want to make a really simple plugin, but I need some help to get started!

My idea is to make a plugin that relays playback of a file to XBMC. Do do this in the simplest way possible it should only react to pause, stop and play.

When a file starts to play the plugin should get the path and name of the file I want to play, replace stuff like "D:/" to the proper samba path (eg. "smb://MY_COMP/D/") and send it to XBMC by accessing the URL:
http://192.168.0.7/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?comma...meter=file_path

When I hit stop or pause it should send similar commands.

To keep regular playback on my computer for the times I use the computer speakers, I guess a DSP-plugin would do the trick, or can this be done like a general purpose plugin?

The easiest way to do this would be to find a plugin that reacts to play/pause/stop and executes a command via the shell. That way I can use very simple python scripts to execute the 3 commands. Does anyone know of a plugin that works like that?

For those of you who doesn't know what XBMC is:
http://xbmc.org/
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zao
post Sep 28 2008, 15:18
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 9001

This should be trivially doable by implementing play_callback and performing the relevant actions in the assorted member functions of it.
The HTTP request should be somewhat easy to do with WinInet, curl or some other API.

--------------------
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.
+Quote Post
mackan2
post Oct 10 2008, 00:36
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 58652

OK, started today and the first version is now done. Did it in c++, as a general purpose plug-in as described in my first post. I even got the seek function working!

I'll make it available when I have fixed a settings dialog... If anyone wants it...

BTW; a few more examples would be great!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 15:45