Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC to Monkey's Audio including APE2 Tag ? (Read 4360 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC to Monkey's Audio including APE2 Tag ?

I'd like to rip a few cd's, for which I haven't chosen the lossy encoding settings yet.

So for now, I'd like to rip them to lossless. Using APE files, carefully APE2-tagged.

Unfortunately, the following site:
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac14.htm#-

... seems to imply that command-line Monkey's Audio encoder doesn't support tagging from its command line.. is that true ?

Since the titles are really long, I really would not want to use length-limited ID1 tags (even though they could be converted to APE2 later).

So, how should I configure EAC's command line settings, and which Monkey encoder tool should I use ?

Thanks in advance for hints ! I'm a bit in a rush here 

Reply #1
... seems to imply that command-line Monkey's Audio encoder doesn't support tagging from its command line.. is that true ?

Try with waveform (through Macdll), it will write Apev1 tag automatically. And AFAIK you can't use ape2 tags with monkey's audio files (yet?).

Reply #2
Apev1 is fine for me.

Could you be more precise ?  I don't know where's the "waveform" choice you mentioned.
Thanks.

EDIT: Found it !  Seems to work fine.. Thx !

Reply #3
Thanks for the heads-up, ak! I would have never found that feature otherwise.

Reply #4
Thanks for the heads-up, ak! I would have never found that feature otherwise.

Yeah 

Reply #5
Well, glad it helped.
BTW looks like it's default EAC's behaviour with natively supported encoders with own tagging systems (which are vorbis, mac, and... that's it).
So if there's any EAC update planned I suppose we can hope for native musepack and flac support...

Reply #6
So for now, I'd like to rip them to lossless. Using APE files, carefully APE2-tagged.

How do you APE2 tag your files? Which program are you using?

Reply #7
So if there's any EAC update planned I suppose we can hope for native musepack and flac support...

Ask for it  As of flac-1.1.0 there is a proper codec DLL.

Josh