Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why do I see cats everywhere? (Read 70676 times) previous topic - next topic

Why do I see cats everywhere?

MTRH, zZzZzZz, Canar, JohnV and probably many others... Why the cat?  Am I the only to notice the ubiquity of those avatars? 

Edit: Aha it was not only me. I realized there was an other off-topic post regarding the same issue!  Link
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #1
Hello,

could anybody of these cat avatar guys tell me the mystery? I mean... there are more and more cats every day!

Regards, fileman.

Reply #2
Hmm maybe I should've started a poll.

1) A cat is a beautiful animal. Egyptians loved them and so does HA.
2) A cat is retarded and I'm sick of cats on almost every post.
3) Not all cats are retarded but MTRH's seems to be a bit crazy...
4) We need other felines to be represented too...

Reply #3

You will be able to add a poll to existing thread you created in Invision 1.2 - stay tuned!

Reply #4
Well, I think I was one of the first with a "cat" avatar, although it's a big cat..

I like "big cats", but otherwise I'd take a dog rather than a cat. (Wonder if all the cat people hate me now..  )
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
Hmm maybe we should have weeks celebrating different things in HA as MTV. Like "We love cats week" or "I love my xing encoder no other lame encoder would make it for me - week". I think sloth is a more attractive animal than a cat. I just hit the lowest level of off-topic babble 

Reply #6
I think sloth is a more attractive animal than a cat.

A sloth? Oh come on, atici! By the way, yours is the only avatar I can think of that so prominently features a walrus

- M.

Reply #7
I love cats, I'm going to shoot my cat, and put the picture in my avatar.

Reply #8
I love cats, I'm going to shoot my cat, and put the picture in my avatar.

Wasn't there a death metal band that put the photo of their dead lead singer (who just happened to commit suicide by blowing his head off) on the cover of their album?
I kind of remember such an incident 

Reply #9
Well, I think I was one of the first with a "cat" avatar, although it's a big cat..

Well, with Member no. 6 I guess that should be true! 

Reply #10
Too prevent feeling left out I've changed my avatar to a cat also.

I really got to keep the booze and cigarettes away from Snowball.
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

Reply #11
@atici

It is Mayhem, a Black Metal band, ironically their singer's name was "Dead"  And the album with the picture of Dead's blown up head on the cover, "Dawn of the black hearts", is actually a (crappy) bootleg (Won't give away the LP anyway ). Euronymous, the band "leader",  had taken the picture right after he found Dead dead

Sadly, the band played one of their last REAL concerts in Germany, when Dead and Euronymous were still alive, too bad it was in the former GDR and I was a bit too young at that time.

Regards,
Sebastian

Reply #12
Did a google search and found them! DEAD's corpse is gross.
Note to admins: I'm sorry if I violate the forum laws by including this but it's as good to make an album cover. Why not post?

[moderation #2] Edited the image away.

Reply #13
Why not post?
[moderation]Edited the image tags away, link still there.

Maybe someone would make it into his avatar 

Reply #14
Those who really want to see it can do a google search or visit Mayhem's website. I think too many people would be offended by it, as an avatar.

Reply #15
As I've mentioned before, mine's a cliche I brought around to follow the crowd and their cat avatars. I have a different "cat" avatar that I've been looking for a half decent GIF animation program to finish, that's all 'leet and old school, but for now, I'm sticking with this one. Here's the scoop.

Edit: And zZzZzZz's cat avatar is apparently actually his cat. Nice looking animal, I always thought.

Reply #16

1) Ancient Egyptians, not sure about the current crop. As for HA, well.....

2) Second that. Mine barfed this morning. Before I even finished my coffee.    I wanted to kick her ass out of the house.

3) And ugly. I'd run that one over just to make sure it didn't breed...EVER!

4) Probably get edited if I really put down what I'm thinking.

Reply #17
we need more bears...

Reply #18
we need more bears...

Hey, how come nobody ever uses a marmoset for an avatar? They're cute and cuddly....

- M.

Reply #19
I stood in awe in front of Mayhem's history.Definitely shocking , unbelievably true.

BTW I like JohnV's big 'cat'.

Reply #20
If you'd like some non-visually-offensive but morally objectionable cat pictures, check out http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

[moderation]Sick hoax site. See below.

[edit by Canar]Figured as much, seeing as how some of the 'test subjects' looked more like adult cats than kittens, as well as having no 'final product' showing bone deformation.

Reply #21
Changed my avatar to try to bring some balance in the force

Reply #22
If you'd like some non-visually-offensive but morally objectionable cat pictures, check out http://www.****** .

That page is F$*#ING sick,

being a strict vegetarian and animal lover, how the hell can people get away with this without being arrested, put in prison. I'm quite a calm guy in real life but if i got my hands on someone who performs this, i don't know what i'd do.

Can't really say anything else, where is this page based and what kind of people would even want to have one!!!!

Thant's really upset me for the day now,

Kristian

Reply #23
BonsaiKitten is a hoax... The FBI allready investigated the story and came to that conclusion.

Edit: typo

Reply #24
Kristian, it's a joke.
The bonzaikitten website is a well-executed prank, that caused a lot of media attention a while back, people even started petitions to get the website shut down and the owner arrested. The pictures are manipulated, no cat was hurt during it's production.