Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Library tree: Can't display multiple genres
firewater
post Feb 2 2015, 07:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 112526

I'm using Library Tree, no longer in development and has some issues, but mostly works. My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't separate genres. If I sort by %genre% and have an album tagged as Shoegaze; Indie Rock; Midwest Emo it displays it as one entry called Shoegaze, Indie Rock, Midwest Emo instead of considering each as a separate entity. This is really obnoxious because I get very specific with genres and label many at the same time and I wish I could just click an entry called Shoegaze that includes every album with Shoegaze listed somewhere on it's genre metadata.

Is this a problem related to the component? Is there something I can do about it like adding one of those prefixes ala $meta_sep()? If not, does anybody know another library viewer that lets me look at multiple ways to organize the library (year/artist/genre/label/etc) at the same time?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Daeron
post Feb 2 2015, 08:36
Post #2

Member No.: 59818

You could try %<genre>% and see if it works.

I'd suggest Facets or multiple Columns UI Filter panels as alternatives. I personally find the tree format highly inefficient to handle music in general.

This post has been edited by Daeron: Feb 2 2015, 08:36
+Quote Post
firewater
post Feb 2 2015, 09:28
Post #3

Like magic!!! That fixed it!!! Thanks!!!

What's funny is that now that I got it working after so many hours trying different solutions, I'm kind of realizing I should switch to Columns UI Filter instead. I installed it right after I made the thread to see how it works and using it made me realize that I actually like it more than library tree because it's more economical space-wise. Works like a charm, except for one big detail:

How do I change that damn white on the header??? Please tell me there is some sort of hack around it...

This post has been edited by firewater: Feb 2 2015, 09:28
+Quote Post
Daeron
post Feb 2 2015, 09:35
Post #4

The headers are based on your windows theme. You'd need to use a custom black one to change that.

This post has been edited by Daeron: Feb 2 2015, 09:35
+Quote Post
firewater
post Feb 2 2015, 10:06
Post #5

Ahhhhhhh damn!!! The whole point of this theme is that it matches my custom windows theme... is there absolutely no other way to change it?
I've also added foo_facets.dll to test it, but I can't seem to be able to add it? On Columns UI > Layout I click on insert panel but it doesn't appear.
+Quote Post
Daeron
post Feb 2 2015, 10:49
Post #6

Facets is Default UI only. If you are using CUI you can only show it as a popup, you can't integrate it into your layout.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th July 2015 - 02:20