IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Updated logo idea (the text, mostly), what do you think?
southisup
post Oct 8 2009, 02:10
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 25414

QUOTE (odyssey @ Oct 8 2009, 10:56) *
QUOTE (southisup @ Oct 8 2009, 02:48) *
Just that the gap between the right most wave & the "h" is slightly larger than it was before.

Well, if you take the spacing between the waves in account, the spacing between waves and h in the present logo does not seem to have any correlation anyway. Personally I think it will become a little too attached if it's any closer to the logo.

Well, I still like the idea of a headphone smile.gif Regardless if the present logo has a secret meaning, a headphone is at least closer to the subject of this community.
I'n not really into the headphones - maybe because I never use them. I also just noticed the background swoosh, which is not to my taste either. But these are both minor to me - the typography matters more.
QUOTE (odyssey @ Oct 8 2009, 10:56) *

The waves seem to match the font better now. The subtitle is stolen directly from Iain - Thanks smile.gif Probably gonna try out gimp tomorrow. I couldn't find anything useful from a google search on photoshop and hinting.

That's better. The sub-title (tag line?) still looks like it's floating away though (but that's not so important because, as I said, I'd like to see it changed).
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Iain
post Oct 8 2009, 02:11
Post #27

Member No.: 8386

QUOTE (odyssey @ Oct 7 2009, 17:56) *
Probably gonna try out gimp tomorrow. I couldn't find anything useful from a google search on photoshop and hinting.

http://www.gimpshop.com/ is a version of GIMP that has been changed to resemble the layout of photoshop. It might easier to use that version than try to figure out the crazy GIMP menu structure.

I don't mind helping out by doing the small text in GIMP if that is easier.
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Oct 8 2009, 02:25
Post #28

Member No.: 6695

Alternate y:

QUOTE (southisup @ Oct 8 2009, 03:10) *
I'n not really into the headphones - maybe because I never use them. I also just noticed the background swoosh, which is not to my taste either. But these are both minor to me - the typography matters more.

I added the "swoosh" or "glass"-effect simply to give it more life, but I also don't like it when it's too appearent. I guess I accomplished that since you didn't notice it before wink.gif

http://www.gimpshop.com/ is a version of GIMP that has been changed to resemble the layout of photoshop. It might easier to use that version than try to figure out the crazy GIMP menu structure.

Thanks - I'll try it later.

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
+Quote Post
2E7AH
post Oct 9 2009, 14:04
Post #29

Group: Validating
Member No.: 53675

Great logo, if only lightness on hydrogen and boldness of audio could be little compensated I'll vote for it as a winner smile.gif
+Quote Post
C.R.Helmrich
post Oct 9 2009, 22:13
Post #30

Group: Developer
Member No.: 64012

I prefer the original logo, just with a different font (Arial is ubiquitous and boring). Like Trebuchet MS, for example:

hydrogenaudio

Made with the following code:

CODE
[size="7"][font="Trebuchet MS"][color="#6699CC"]hydrogen[/color][b][color="#334e66"]audio[/color][/b][/font][/size]

The increased character spacing also better fits the pictogram IMHO.

Chris

P.S.: Actually, Iain's small text rendering improvement and odyssey's "swoosh" or "glass"-effect are nice. smile.gif

This post has been edited by C.R.Helmrich: Oct 9 2009, 22:28

--------------------
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Oct 10 2009, 00:08
Post #31

Member No.: 6695

QUOTE (C.R.Helmrich @ Oct 9 2009, 23:13) *
I prefer the original logo, just with a different font (Arial is ubiquitous and boring). Like Trebuchet MS

I felt the same way.... 7-8 years ago. So guess how I feel about Trebuchet (or even any other OS-bundled font) today...

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
+Quote Post
skelly831
post Oct 10 2009, 22:24
Post #32

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 21361

Wow, I'd forgotten about this thread. Those are some nice logos, odyssey, I love the one with the headphones and the little grandient looks good smile.gif

here's something I whipped up in a few minutes:

This one uses the Microsoft branding typeface Segoe.

and this one uses Akkurat, same as the logo in my first post.

Just some ideas, odyssey is way better at this smile.gif

--------------------
we was young an' full of beans
+Quote Post
Akkurat
post Oct 11 2009, 00:17
Post #33

REACT Mod developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 48750

QUOTE (skelly831 @ Oct 11 2009, 00:24) *
and this one uses Akkurat

What, me, where, how, who.. aaargh, I feel so used. biggrin.gif

Didn't know that there were a font named after me. Looks like a perfect font. wink.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 15:52