Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rendering oddity (FireFox + MacOS X) (Read 6303 times) previous topic - next topic

Rendering oddity (FireFox + MacOS X)

Under FireFox on MacOS X I get a misrendering of the top of any hydrogenaudio page where the Google search box is render on top of the the "io" of "hydrogenaudio" in logos.png. It doesn't seem to happen under Safari.

Obviously this isn't a big problem but I was wondering if it was only me or if anyone else can reproduce it?

Reply #1
Can you provide a screenshot?

Reply #2
No problem here.
Firefox 2.0.0.11
OS X 10.4.11

Reply #3
No problem here.
Firefox 2.0.0.11
OS X 10.4.11

same here - not a problem.

firefox on osx (tiger) has issues rendering some fonts. check yours and perhaps remove those you don't need.

klick,klack.

remember to keep at least:

* Geneva.dfont
    * HelveLTMM
    * Keyboard.dfont
    * LastResort.dfont
    * LucidaGrande.dfont
    * Monaco.dfont
    * TimesLTMM
    * Times LT MM

which are system fonts and therefor located in "/Library/Fonts". you don't have to delete fonts. you can just use "Font Book.app" to deactivate them. in my case the problem laid in *ttf (PC) fonts which I had installed for correctly using darwine.

klick for image.

just drag those (in case you installed windows fonts) off the said folder and be fine.

Reply #4
Can you provide a screenshot?

On closer inspection it appears to be because the google search box is rendering ontop of the graphic because my browser window is only 900 odd pixels wide.