Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc. (Read 676242 times) previous topic - next topic

QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc.

Reply #700
... I meant forcing them (the three SoX DLLs) and not the integrated resample ...

I got it now :-)

BTW: libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is also a SoX DLL?

Reply #701
I got it now :-)

BTW: libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is also a SoX DLL?

Here http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=855028 asking about refalac.

The last line is about that DLL: "Finally, 32bit libsoxr.dll is implicitly dependent on libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll. So attempt to load libsoxr.dll should fail without it.".

This is about the three DLLs: "2. You don't need others in order just to run refalac, but some options (--rate, --lowpass, --matrix-*) don't work without them.". Is there a way to see if Case's qaac.exe has them inside?

I should learn some basics of programming.

Reply #702
... Here http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=855028 asking about refalac.

The last line is about that DLL: "Finally, 32bit libsoxr.dll is implicitly dependent on libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll. So attempt to load libsoxr.dll should fail without it.". ...

Thank you.
I looked with Dependency Walker on libsoxr.dll and I could see libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll.

Reply #703
... Here http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=855028 asking about refalac.

The last line is about that DLL: "Finally, 32bit libsoxr.dll is implicitly dependent on libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll. So attempt to load libsoxr.dll should fail without it.". ...

Thank you.
I looked with Dependency Walker on libsoxr.dll and I could see libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll.

Congratulations on repeating exactly what he just said that nu774 said a year ago.

Reply #704
The qaac binary bundled in the Free Encoder Pack doesn't include SoX. I didn't verify but I'm pretty sure including it would have required code changes, and it's not needed by most users. Also the built-in AAC encoder profiles do not deal with resampling settings. If users want high-quality resampling I recommend using lvqcl's SoX component.

Reply #705
I don't think explicit --rate option is regularly needed or used by users, but be careful of source sample rate.
When given sample rate isn't supported by the encoder, then sample rate conversion should implicitly take place inside of qaac.
When libsoxr is not present, rate converter of the CoreAudio codec component is picked up, which does the job done but not as good as libsoxr.

OTOH, fdkaac doesn't support this automatic sample rate conversion. When the encoder does't support given sample rate, it simply fails.

Reply #706
... Congratulations on repeating exactly what he just said that nu774 said a year ago. ...

Sorry, but my using of Dependency Walker and eahms answer was done in parallel, but eahm was faster...

BTW: Using Dependency Walker, I couldn't find why icuin40.dll, icuuc40.dll and pthreadvc2.dll in the QTfiles subdirectory are needed.

Reply #707
Thanks Case.

drSeehas, my bad, I misread the question, nu774 already replied.

Reply #708
BTW: Using Dependency Walker, I couldn't find why icuin40.dll, icuuc40.dll and pthreadvc2.dll in the QTfiles subdirectory are needed.

IIRC they were required in the past (one of CoreAudio related DLLs were dependent on them), but yes, it seems they are not required anymore.

Reply #709
I couldn't find why icuin40.dll, icuuc40.dll and pthreadvc2.dll in the QTfiles subdirectory are needed.

You need Apple's libraries for qaac to run, from qaac's homepage: "Since 1.00, qaac directly uses CoreAudioToolbox.dll. Therefore, QuickTime installation is no more required. However, Apple Application Support is required.".

You can automatically extract all the necessary files from iTunes or QuickTime with makeportable: https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet

Please read carefully the instructions on the homepage, we are repeating everything every few months

???
These three are not Apple's libraries.
I have installed neither QuickTime nor iTunes.
I have extracted the files with (a modified) makeportable.
Where can I find an answer to my question: why are these three libraries needed?

IIRC they were required in the past (one of CoreAudio related DLLs were dependent on them), but yes, it seems they are not required anymore.

So we can safely delete them and can modify makeportable?

Reply #712
After deleting those DLLs I get an error (missing pthreadvc2.dll) when I try to run "qaac --check" (x86).
Maybe my CoreAudioToolbox DLLs are outdated...

Reply #713
After deleting those DLLs I get an error (missing pthreadvc2.dll) when I try to run "qaac --check" (x86).
Maybe my CoreAudioToolbox DLLs are outdated...

When I do a "qaac --check" (without pthreadvc2.dll), I get the following:
Code: [Select]
qaac 2.41, CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.6
libsoxconvolver 0.1.0
libsoxr-0.1.1
libFLAC 1.3.0

Reply #714
[qaac] release 2.42 (refalac 1.42)
posted 16 hours ago by nu 774  [ updated 15 hours ago ]
Add --start and --end option to specify start, end point of the input for partial encode. --start, --end (and --delay) supports 3 ways to describe the point.
[[hh:]mm:]ss[.sss..] : Timestamp described in hours, minutes, and seconds. Parts enclosed by brackets can be omitted. Seconds are parsed as double precision number (64bit float), and you can place arbitrary numbers of digits under the decimal point. You will need enough digits to achieve sample accuracy, depending on the sample rate.
ns : Number of samples, followed by 's'.
mm:ss:fff : Cuepoint in minutes, seconds, and frames(1/75 second), followed by 'f'.
Re-linked 32bit libsoxr.dll not to depend on libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll. Now it is not included in the archive and you don't need it anymore.

https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet

Reply #715
There is also a new makeportable.

Reply #716
Hi,

Could someone please help me understand what the "-q" setting does? The documentation only describes it as "aac encoding quality", with no additional details. What does a value of 2 do compared to 0? How does it differ from a high or low value of the "-V" setting?

Thanks!

R.

Reply #717
@drSeehas:
Updated to latest CoreAudioToolbox; thanks a lot, everything looks good now:
qaac 2.42, CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.6
libsoxconvolver 0.1.0
libsoxr-0.1.1
libsndfile-1.0.25
libFLAC 1.3.0
tak_deco_lib 2.3.0 compatible

Reply #718
QAAC feature request:

Clip and intersample peak readout like AFCLIP on Mac that prints totals of all the Clip levels and intersample peaks at or above 0dbfs for a given file to the command window.

Reply #719
Clip and intersample peak readout like AFCLIP on Mac that prints totals of all the Clip levels and intersample peaks at or above 0dbfs for a given file to the command window.

I don't know much about afclip since I don't have a Mac box, but is it something like EBUR128 true peak scanner?
As far as I know, recent ffmpeg has EBUR128 filter (GPL-enabled build is required) with true peak support: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#toc-ebur128
Like this:
ffmpeg -nostats -i foo.wav -filter_complex ebur128=peak=true -f null -

Reply #720

I don't know much about afclip since I don't have a Mac box, but is it something like EBUR128 true peak scanner?
As far as I know, recent ffmpeg has EBUR128 filter (GPL-enabled build is required) with true peak support: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#toc-ebur128
Like this:
ffmpeg -nostats -i foo.wav -filter_complex ebur128=peak=true -f null -

Thank you nu774.  I'll have to try that.

Reply #721
nu774: Would you possibly consider supporting AviSynth skripts as input directly (either via AVIFile VfW function or via AviSynth interface) so that it is not necessary to use a WAV piping auxiliary tool (like: avs2pipemod -wav)? Not "important", just "nice to have".

Reply #722
LigH:
I might implement avs importing in the future, but don't hold your breath.
At present, I'm not very willing to do so because:
- (I think) main advantage of native input support by qaac is the ability to copying tags from input, which is not easily achieved by chaining pipes. As for AVS scripts, they don't have tags so you can just use piping. It's just that you need more typing.
- It doesn't seem very difficult, but at the same time, I don't know much about avisynth. I don't know details about ABI compatibility between versions (2.5, 2.6, MT, Avisynth+...), whether "Distributor()" should be automatically inserted or not, unicode capability on path name handling, or something like that (Maybe I could use VFW instead of native avisynth library functions, but it should bring some limitations).

Reply #724
AVS input was implemented:

Support avisynth script (avs) input. Like x264 or avs2pipemod, AVS is directly supported through avisynth C interface, not via VfW.

Will simplify my batch files.  Looking forward to trying out it.  Thanks nu774.