Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Do You ever use 320 kbps mp3's?

Yes, rarely.
[ 118 ] (23%)
Yes, often.
[ 96 ] (18.7%)
No, never.
[ 299 ] (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 648

Topic: Anyone else use 320 kbps mp3's? (Read 268527 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone else use 320 kbps mp3's?

Reply #100
Well, this one I seemed to be totally unable to distinguish even though you told me it was there. The clipping sound seemed to be about the same loudness to me on the encode, so I had a lot of difficulty telling it apart.

Any suggestions on how it could be so elusive? I'm assuming it's just a lack of experience on my part?

You have to be very picky and sensitive to precho artifacts on that sample. I have to admit that sample is quite hard to ABX, am surprised i managed to ABX it at 320, with my left ear playing up due to ear wax building up quite bad like it does at every summer, and also not having my headphones on proply to avoid headphone hair.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

Reply #101
Ugh, no way...320kbps cbr is a waste of space.  My hearing isn't that good to hear any benefit of such a compression ratio.
foobar2000, FLAC, and qAAC -V90
It just works people!

Reply #102
I did the test and I actually pick the V7 file over V6, V5, V4, V3,...does this mean legal tone deaf?

Reply #103
No, it means you can fit more music on your device, since you can create smaller encodes!

Reply #104
No, it means you can fit more music on your device, since you can create smaller encodes!

This would only be true if the rest of his/her collection is similar to the tracks he/she tested. Make sure to test using the different styles of music that are representative of your collection.

Reply #105
Wow.

Even here.

Brilliant.

Maybe you should ask, what is the specifications of the SOURCE recording format from
which the mp3 is derived?

I don't know, you can call me crazy now.

JohnnyL

Reply #106
Even if we wanted to, first we’d need to have the faintest idea of what you’re talking about.

Reply #107
point would be:

a. to support lazy users which can't download standalone client
(you could make it so that files are loaded depending on GET data), so single clicked link would be all that is required...
example: abx.org/abx.php?file1=http://someplace.org/1.mp3&file2=http://someplace.org/2.mp3
b. to support users which use some other OS
c. somebody with good knowhow could make this probably more secure than offline version could ever be

It would cater to people who, for whatever reason, are not allowed to install programs on the computer they use.

Reply #108
It would cater to people who, for whatever reason, are not allowed to install programs on the computer they use.

foobar2000 portable works flawlessly.

Reply #109
Great, now that this thread has been brought back from two-and-a-half-year slumber by a first-time poster who couldn't seem to manage to make a coherent point the rest of you pile-on.

It is clear that the author of the last post didn't even bother to check the context of what was being said before posting, potentially dragging this discussion off-topic.

Do I close it now or will you people exercise a little care before posting?

Reply #110
Close it.