Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 237013 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

I am happy to release a new component that let you organize your playlists in a treeview control.

With foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg), you will be able to create folders and hierarchies to arrange and categorize your playlists. All current functions are available by drag & drop or right click on items in the panel.

It can be downloaded here and is compatible with both DUI and CUI.
Please check this page for help and additional information.

Reply #1
controls (nodes) doesn't follow system (vista/7) style

Reply #2
The click region is only limited to the playlist name. An option to have single click to display would be good as well
Thanks

Reply #3
awesome! Thank you!

Reply #4
yes! i've been waiting for a component like this for a long time.
it's a great start, but i think there is work to be done

i would really like to see the ability to assign different colours to different folders
need the ability to double-click on a playlist and have it not just load but also start playing
i'm also noticing issues with the text turning white when selected, which is frustrating

still, i'm looking forward to seeing this develop!

Reply #5
The click region is only limited to the playlist name. An option to have single click to display would be good as well ...
I'll probably add this option later. Can you elaborate on "click region is limited to the playlist name?"

i would really like to see the ability to assign different colours to different folders
Not in a near future ...
need the ability to double-click on a playlist and have it not just load but also start playing
Will be implemented
i'm also noticing issues with the text turning white when selected, which is frustrating
I you are using DUI, foo_plorg is supposed to mimic the standard colors behaviour (just like other components) unless there is a bug.

Reply #6
I meant
-------------------------
| Playlist

If you double click he empty region after the playlist name the playlist doesn't get activated even though it is selected

Reply #7
ok, thanks. It used to work here .. I will fix for the next version.

Reply #8
This looks very promising.  Can it be developed to have the same functionality as playlist_tree_mod?

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=64623

The developer of that plugin states he doesn't have interest in making it DUI compatible unfortunately.

Playlist tree mod is very good.  I'll start using this.  Playlist management/navigation tools for DUI have been underwhelming to this point.

Reply #11
I am happy to release a new component that let you organize your playlists in a treeview control.

And i am happy you released a component i waited for 4 years ;-)
Thanx for your effort!

And i am glad i do not have to post my suggesstions, as anything that came to my mind is already in your ToDo-List :-)

Just one thing to add:
Renaming a playlist with modifiers (like shift or alt) does not work if the combination of modifier+key is set as a shortcut (works in the original playlist manager)

edited typo

Reply #12
Thank you!

I was also waiting for something simple like this. Actually I'm still
wondering why it was never implemented by default.

Anyways if you allow me one wish:

If I click a folder with multiple folders/playlists in it, will it be possible that
all songs from all playlists and subfolders will be listed in the playlist view some time?

Edit: Also to choose multiple playlists with ctrl and providing the same behaviour as
described above.

Reply #13
I noticed something when changing between two panels (In CUI, at least) - each panel has to be configured separately. If you decide to move the panel inside your config, all trees are lost and playlists are put in the "Default" folder again. Would it be possible to create different configs or something, to save one configuration and load it in a new panel? Woah, I hope that made sense... I don't know whether it's intended behavior, but it was kind of annoying.

Reply #14
I have more than seventy playlists at the moment. Playlist Organizer makes it a lot easier to handle them, so thank you for this component.

Two possibly bugs I see so far:
  • In CUI's toolbar context menu Playlist Organizer appears twice in the subcategory 'Panel'.
  • I can not complete the creation of a new folder in the expected manner: I choose from foobar's main menu View, Playlist Organizer, then with a right-click on it "Create new folder", type a name but this procedure I cannot complete because the plugin does not react to pressing 'enter'. With 'escape' the Playlist Organizer is closed. However if I recall it, the newly created folder is existing. I deleted all keyboard shortcuts in foobar including the default ones, but this does not change this behaviour.
foobar2000 1.0.3, Columns UI 0.3.8.5
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #15
Thanks alot for this component, been waiting for years.

Just a few few things which i noticed/would be happy if they got implemented:
- most importantly: right now drag and drop of items from a playlist (playlist view) to the playlist organizer does not seem work
- ability to select multiple folders/playlists with shift or ctrl (for batch drag & drop)
- ability to rename folders/playlists with F2 key
- confirm rename with enter
- ability to remove folders/playlists with del key
- some kind of indicator whether something is a folder or a playlist would be nice
- ability to hide item count
- the item count of the library viewer selection playlist doesn't seem to be updating when browsing the library

But that is just nit-picking, all the functionality is there. Thanks again.

Reply #16
this procedure I cannot complete because the plugin does not react to pressing 'enter'

Confirmed. The component does accept the new name if you click elsewhere, but pressing Enter is the more intuitive behavior.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #17
Looks good so far, i like the idea.

A few suggestions:
-custom color for playing playlist.
-clicking options like those used on other playlist managers.
-selecting a panel creates a dotted rectangle on mouse down, and highlights on mouse up. behaviour should be the same as other components.
-pressing enter completes rename operation.
-pressing F2 enters rename operation.

A couple bugs:
-text always seems to be clipped by a few pixels on the right of the title. most noticeable with w's.
-panel appears twice in columns ui layout editor.
-dotted rectangle sometimes breaks and takes on strange colors.

Reply #18
Thanks everyone for the test. I have updated the to do list to account for bugs and planned improvements.
A new version is available here, with fixes of the following issues :
  • Link to this page from the preferences page (Help button)
  • Fixed bug in managing (Enter/Delete) keys for label editing
  • Make the matching (at startup) of tree content vs. actual playlists more intelligent (usefull for utilization of the popup window)
  • Fixed panel appearing twice in column UI layout

Please note that using foo_plorg as a standalone (popup) window may lead to loosing part of your playlists organization if some changes (addition, deletion, reordering, ...) are applied with other playlist managers while the window is closed. I tried to make the window startup process more intelligent but it is by nature limited. I would recommend that you use it as a "permanent" panel or UI element rather.

Reply #19
There is some requests.

Playlist name area is not fully. Because playlist name is curtailment in right few pixel.
Please support "Themed appearance" that same columns playlist and library tree. This panel now support only simple color.
In short, Make looks same as Windows 7's explorer like.

Sorry my poor english.
Thank you.

Reply #20
| Playlist
If you double click he empty region after the playlist name the playlist doesn't get activated even though it is selected

- the item count of the library viewer selection playlist doesn't seem to be updating when browsing the library

Those two bugs are now fixed. A new version is available here.

Reply #21
Thank you for this great component! A decent playlist manager was the only thing I missed since coming back to DUI. Looking forward to "double-click = activate & play"

Reply #22
Thanks for the new version, now just missing drag and drop and it will be perfect.

This component should get some kind of award for the best component name.. "foo_plorg"

looking forward to "double-click = activate & play"

If this should get implemented then please optional.

Reply #23
Thank you for the update, "Enter" works fine now to complete the creation of new folders.

I am still in a fret that Playlist Organizer can be added as a panel to the (CUI's) toolbar, see my first post in this thread. With the older version it appeared in a subcategory "Panels" twice, with the current once. Is this really intended?
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #24
Great! I was looking forward for this as well.
I noticed two minor bugs
  • When using the custom background highlight color option, even without making any color change the highlighted text becomes black, using reset fix/restores the original color.
  • After clicking, if there is a playlist in the first level/in no folder, the highlighted area goes beyond the "name rectangle".
    F2K 1.0.3

Also it seems that the highlighted region color doesn´t disappear after a click in an empty space as in the playlist manager, I really don´t know if it makes any difference to someone but I thought of posting it anyway.

I was going to suggest the same idea as SpaceAgeHero, great to see it in the to do list