Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [.9.5 feature request] Disable clicking column headers (Read 7188 times) previous topic - next topic

[.9.5 feature request] Disable clicking column headers

Clicking the playlist column headers messes with the sorting which trashes the grouping. I have found no way to restore the playlist display other than deleting it and recreating it.

To avoid an accidental click on a coulmn header, and thus sort, it would be nice to disable the column sorting feature.
Or have some way to get back to where you were before you clicked one of the column headers.

Reply #1
Start with a default install and a some albums. Group using the Artist/Date/Album group. Note the display. Now click the Title/Track artist column header. Notice the display change.

I can find no way to get back to the original display/grouping except to delete the playlist and recreate. It seems clicking the cpoulmn header sets up so kind of sort which changes the grouping and there is no way to undo what you did.

Might be nice to disable the ability to click a column header to stop an accidental click.

Reply #2
See Edit/Undo in the main menu.

Reply #3
Dang somehow my two posts showed up in one thread. I dropped the ball there. The second one was supposed to be a bug/quirk report in Support.

Anyway. Okay Undo works for an accidental click, but not when you close and reopen or do something else. I still think you need some way to get back to where you started.

Reply #4
They were merged by a moderator because they are about the same thing.

Reply #5
There is no way to make something absolutely foolproof, because fools are so creative. To error is human, and thats why it makes sense to have undo here, for simple mistakes - however, there is a point, where a user plain and simply has to take responsibility for his actions, not the application.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #6
The undo feature of default foobar 0.9.5 beta 1 does not work on unforced sorted autoplaylist but only normal playlist, is this a misbehavior or intention of dev?

Reply #8
I seriously doubt this will ever be implemented. If you don't want to sort, simply don't click there, really can't be that hard. The way it is handled now is perfectly valid standard windows behaviour and I can not think of a single application that handles this differently.

This feature request sounds similar to me like:

"I don't want to pause my music by accident. Please add an option to disable the Pause button."