Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_tree_mod (Read 135846 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #75
Putted my PSS in wich is the playlist tree named "tree" configuration in this post

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #76
How to make a query to display top artists, albums?

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #79
Where is the configuration data stored for playlist tree mod?  I had a large number of custom playlists written, and one day there were like 75% missing.  I found a few .pts files, and foolishly  tried messing with them.  Now I am stuck with the default playlist configuration.  I then tried to install a saved columns UI configuration, which did not affect the playlist tree mod configuration at all.  Is this problem specific to Windows 7?  May it be a problem with file permissions?  I came across this problem while running Windows XP, and installing a saved Columns UI configuration file used to restore my old playlists.  Why isn't this working with Windows 7?

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #80
The query definitions and results are stored in the .pts files. You can load and save them with the menu "Library -> Playlist Tree Mod -> File -> Open / Save". You should try to load your .pts files one after another to get at least most of your queries back. Your problem is not related to Windows 7.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #81
Is it possible to get separated genres view?

I have genre "genre1; genre2; genre3"
and want something like

+ Genres
--+genre1
----+artist
--+genre2
--+genre3

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #82
Try using %<genre>% as your first level

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #83
its just what im looking for. thx!

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #84
There is a question about Playlist Tree Mod.
My Playlist Tree has disappeared almost when foobar2000 is started one day.
I was surprised. However, I opened the pts file backed up.
However, tree is changeless.
The greater part of query has disappeared.
Why?
Displayed tree has greatly fallen below the scale of tree forecast from the size of the file of pts.
Are there some ideas?

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #85
This no surprise, because the pts file is no backup, it is the definition of the tree.
Why?
Probably because you changed something. Either your query has changed or you moved a bunch of files out of your library.
Displayed tree has greatly fallen below the scale of tree forecast from the size of the file of pts.
Are there some ideas?
Check your query and do a refresh.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #86
This no surprise, because the pts file is no backup, it is the definition of the tree.
Why?
Probably because you changed something. Either your query has changed or you moved a bunch of files out of your library.
Are there some ideas?
Check your query and do a refresh.

Thank you for the reply.
I occasionally want to clarify the following.
Not only the query result but also the entire query disappeared.
Therefore, query doesn't revive even if it updates it.

The pts file looks like the plain text.

I deleted the part where the pts file was doubtful, and tried reading to foobar2000.

The half succeeded my attempt.
Some of query appeared on tree.
However, there is query not displayed in tree though it exists in the pts file.

It is certain that there is unnatural behavior.

Is there a cause in my query?
Is there a problem when the result of query is too huge?
Is specific TF such as $info non-recommendation?
Is this a cause though I have the tune that uses two byte character?

I am sorry for the long sentence.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #87
I deleted the part where the pts file was doubtful, and tried reading to foobar2000.
You should never do this. It is very likely, that you get a corrupted definition file, which may lead to the behaviour you described.
Without knowing your query it is hard to say something about it. But it is very unlikely, that this is the cause of your problem.
How do you define huge? I've got several queries with 50k+ entries each without any problem.
No.
No.

The best that you can do, is taking your last working backup and start from there.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #88
You should never do this. It is very likely, that you get a corrupted definition file, which may lead to the behaviour you described.
Without knowing your query it is hard to say something about it. But it is very unlikely, that this is the cause of your problem.
How do you define huge? I've got several queries with 50k+ entries each without any problem.
No.
No.

The best that you can do, is taking your last working backup and start from there.

Thank you.

The following are my typical query.

$if($meta(content group,0),[@icon<%plt-icon-group%>$meta(content group,0)|],)$if($meta(content group,1),[@icon<%plt-icon-group%>$meta(content group,1)|],)$if($meta(content group,2),[@icon<%plt-icon-group%>$meta(content group,2)|],)$if($strcmp($meta(content group),)$strcmp($meta(grouptype),general),[@icon<%plt-icon-artist%>%album artist%|],)[@icon<%plt-icon-album%>%album%|][@icon<%plt-icon-disc%>][Disc %discnumber%|][$num(%track%,4) - %title%]

%plt-icon-x% is using Extended Variables.
As for the icon number, is static specification desirable?

Of course, I have not edited pts before the problem happens.

A left tree is a state before foobar2000 is restarted.
A right tree restarted foobar2000.
As you see, a part of query is lost.

The problem is not seen before it restarts.
I have misgivings when the tree disappears whenever query is added to Playlist Tree.
When pts without the problem is read. It is surely normal.
When pts with the problem is read, it is surely abnormal.

I am putting the music file on the network drive.
Is there a problem in the file passing in pts?

I'm sorry many times.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #89
None of the things you mentioned should lead to an error. Anyway, somehow your tree definition got corrupted. What you can do now to track it down, is to play a little bit with the export functionality of the tree. This can be done for the whole tree with the main menu: Library -> Playlist Tree Mode -> File or for  each tree node with Right click -> File.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #90
None of the things you mentioned should lead to an error. Anyway, somehow your tree definition got corrupted. What you can do now to track it down, is to play a little bit with the export functionality of the tree. This can be done for the whole tree with the main menu: Library -> Playlist Tree Mode -> File or for  each tree node with Right click -> File.

Thank you very much.
ok,
I am not requesting query to be revived.
I want to obstruct disappearing of the query of Playlist tree.

In addition, even if the pts file is preserved, it is not possible to be relieved.
Because after reading the preserved pts file, the tree might be broken.
Of course, I am not making query non-display by using @hidden etc.

Let's clarify the problem.
The same query as the query that has operated well is added to tree and it restarts.
At this time, I do not change to the library, and am not doing the other.
Then, why does a part of tree disappear suddenly?

Maybe, there might be a problem in my environment. However, I want to solve it. Because it is a too fatal problem for me.
I want to correct the problem.

postscript:
There is details of the problem.
The following tree disappears all from a specific track.
It is not because the problem occurs whenever this track is included. However, the problem occurs surely when the condition of query is unlucky.

The clue was finally discovered.
                                    (LEAF "@icon<150>0010 - ??????????" "file://B:\Music\fb2k\library\lossless\[EAC] Chrono Trigger Original Soundtrack (tak+cue)\CDImage.tak" :SUBSONG 10)
                                    (LEAF "@icon<150>0012 - ?????" "file//B:\Music\fb2k\library\lossless\[EAC] Chrono Trigger Original Soundtrack (tak+cue)\CDImage.tak" :SUBSONG 12)

As for my tree, it is lost from the part of the second line ahead.
Please pay attention to file://of the second line. It is strange.
It seems that this is a bug.

I'm sorry for questioning many times.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #91
It is continuation.
When the meta data of a doubtful file was edited again, the problem might have been lost.
It might be lucky now.
Illegal some processing might have been done for two byte character.

Please develop and hold out.

Some demands and questions are written though it is a superfluity.
It is not necessary to stop it in the nature.
・What is the meaning of "Foobar2000 icon path" of a set screen?
・Isn't there method that the color of bmp changes?
・If %<tag>% or %_name% can be used also with Sort Order, I am satisfied.
・Sorting "Population Order" is different from other components (The example: Filter of CUI).

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #92
I've fiddled around a bit with foo_playlist_tree_mod and found 2 problems.

1. artist IS @format<$playing('%artist%')>
doesn't work with multivalue tags. (I guess that's been the mentioned problems with multivalue tags?)

2. If I select a library note, then change the playlist via playlist switcher, and then select the same library note again, that library note won't be activated in the library playlist. Only if I select a different note, the library playlist will be activated.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #93
Thank you for this great component!

I didn't even know how much I needed an autorefreshing "Related to now playing" playlist. 

@ anyone having problems with Panel Stack Splitter. Just add a horizontal or vertical splitter as a child-panel and put your Playlist Tree Mod -panel there instead.

Works like a charm!

Best wishes!
/Levi

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #94
New version, see first post.

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #95
I'm trying to group my playlists by name, I want to create a group that contain playlists with 'Top Tracks' in the name, one with 'Radio' in the name and one that contains all other playlists (so excluding the ones which are in the other groups). I can't figure out how to do this; can anyone help me?

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #96
Is there any way to display 16x16 png icons?
Or maybe any formats other than .ico?

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #97

Dunno if anyone is monitoring this thread anymore at this late stage, but I'll try anyway.

I have foobar2000 v9.6.8 and the foo_playlist_tree_mod with scheme support linked from the first post in this thread.

I am trying to get the @scheme queries working & for the life of me, they just don't. They either return nothing, or they return everything in my library. Even a direct copy/paste from the various examples out there (eg cwbowron's examples of an hour of beatles, or etc.) just DON'T WORK. @database queries work fine.

I must be missing something basic here, but try as I might I can't figure out what. Are there any dependencies I might be missing (required components etc)?

My process is: New Query, change source to @scheme, paste an example query from the webpage into the criteria field. That's it, it doesn't work.

BTW, the main reason I wanted to use scheme queries is because the limit max megs appears to only work with values of 10000 or less. I was trying to limit to 20G - entering 20000 returns nothing in the query; entering 10000 works fine.

Any clues appreciated, thanks.
- Tim

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #98
ok - I'm a ding dong. I happened upon a small bit of info I had missed, on this page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080217234509/...p/Playlist_Tree

That being, "To create a scheme based query, set the "Source" of the query to "@scheme" and the "Format" to the scheme code to evaluate. "

I had been putting the code in the criteria box, not the format box. Problem solved!!! Thanks me! 

foo_playlist_tree_mod

Reply #99

Ok, so now this is working there is one bit I'm just not able to figure. I want to limit a playlist to a particular size, but also want to exclude anything other than MP3s. Here's the basic query:

(let ((total-size 0))
  (for-each-db-entry
  (lambda (handle)
    (let ((size (get-file-size handle)))
      (if (< (+ size total-size) 20000000000)
     (begin
       (add-node
         handle
         (list (format-title handle "%artist%")
          (format-title handle "%album%")
          (format-title handle "%title%")))
       (set! total-size (+ total-size size))))))
  "%rating% GREATER 2"
  "$rand()"))

This works great. But, the bit limiting to mp3 is the clincher & I can't seem to get the right syntax going. I've tried adding:

"$ext(%path%) IS mp3"
  "$ext(%_path%) IS mp3"
  "$ext(%path%)" IS mp3

And everything else I can think of but no joy. Of course, $ext(%path%) IS mp3 works fine in normal queries, but I can't figure out the right syntax in @scheme queries, can someone tell me the right syntax here?

Thanks!
Tim