IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How optimize WAV using Audition?, which filters should I use?
backfolder
post Oct 2 2004, 03:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10961

Hi all,

Well, Im trying to optimize one wav movie audio captured live. I only want to make an "amplitude" and "normalize", I know hot to do this, but I want to remove the echo/chamber sound in all the wav, and dont know how.
So, which filter should I use to remove this chamber-sound?

Im using Adobe Audition 1.5.

Thanks in advance.

backfolder.-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dreamliner77
post Oct 2 2004, 07:39
Post #2

Member No.: 2427

Don't think you'll really be able to remove the reverb, but if you want to dynamically compress the sound, download the Waves bundle trial and check out L2.

--------------------
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight." Neil Peart 'Resist'
+Quote Post
seannyb
post Oct 2 2004, 08:06
Post #3

Member No.: 8701

for dynamics processing, Audition has its own expander / compressor (draw your own curve actually...) and a hard limiter too.

dunno about removing reverb from recordings

--------------------
seanny.net
+Quote Post
backfolder
post Oct 2 2004, 10:46
Post #4

Member No.: 10961

Dynamics processing works really good, it could be a solution.
Thanks for the tips.

backfolder.-
+Quote Post
MugFunky
post Oct 3 2004, 17:53
Post #5

Member No.: 10767

actually, echo can be "pushed back" somewhat using dynamic expansion. just beware that you'll lose a lot of subtlety too.

if you use the custom curves in cool edit/audition, you can get a pretty good echo-suppressor. i find it's only really useful to do this with voice material, where intelligibility is the goal, not pretty sound (there may be a balance you can strike where you get both though).

one thing's for sure though - you will lose most of the echo-suppression if you were then to compress/limit the audio after that. just because audition has a (reasonably good) limiter, doesn't mean you should push it so hard the waveform looks like a green square.

another thing - if you're using a lot of filters, save time by applying them all at once in multitrack, rather than one-after-the-other in waveform view. you will also get better precision this way if your file is 16 bits (multitrack works internally in 32 bit float).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:43