Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC, clone CD or CDRWin (Read 5405 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC, clone CD or CDRWin

What program is recommended for copying music from cd on to computer? And, what is the recomended setting and why? Thanks Jeff

EAC, clone CD or CDRWin

Reply #1
I'd recommend using EAC from http://www.exactaudiocopy.de
It works perfect for me and does the job of extracting audio in the best possible way, using as many of the cd-rom features as it can. Best configuration (if your cd-rom unit supports it) is accurate stream, c2 error information and no cache.

You find a tutorial for EAC at http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm

Good luck!

EAC, clone CD or CDRWin

Reply #2
* for audio: EAC

notes...

you can set-up EAC to use the offsets...although if you don't have identical results from several different sources, i wouldn't use it...

i would recommend to use offsets if you have a plextor drive

* for data: CloneCD

notes...

don't do anything "on the fly"

if clonecd doesn't let you use "certain" features, perhaps you can "move" to canada before installing it...then "move" back .... later

the best thing you can do is buy a great [popular] drive that has good DAE

later
mike

EAC, clone CD or CDRWin

Reply #3
Originally posted by xmixahlx
* for data: CloneCD
Actually, I'd recommend BlindWrite instead of CloneCD... Unlike CloneCD, it supports serveral disc image formats, yet still have the same features as CloneCD...

EAC, clone CD or CDRWin

Reply #4
Originally posted by Sachankara
Actually, I'd recommend BlindWrite instead of CloneCD... Unlike CloneCD, it supports serveral disc image formats, yet still have the same features as CloneCD...

Or if you like me prefer CloneCD's IMHO very effective and user-friendly layout, use CloneCD in combination with Daemon Tools to burn images of more or less any format  (just select the virtual CD-ROM drive as input and do an on-the-fly disc copy)

PS: The program is a lot better/more professional than that webpage suggests