Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A email that I received (Read 2894 times) previous topic - next topic

A email that I received

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am MR. XXX, Manager Special Deposits Accounts Dept.,XXX Bank Plc.here in nigeria. I got your very good name and e-mail address from the online classified posted on the internet.

I have decided to contact you purely on the personal conviction of trust and cofidence that we can co-operate with one another and do a very lucrative business for our mutual benefit. The Business I am proposing to you is in respect of the sum of US$132,150,000.00 ( One Hundred and Thirty Two Million One Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars Only)deposited in three seperate special deposits accounts with my bank which belonged to Mr.XXX who died three years ago in an air crash during a charter flight from Portharcourt to Lagos. Mr. XXX was an engineer and was into Consultancy services and Servicing and maintenance of Oil Drilling Equipment for the major Oil Companies in Nigeria.

My bank has made several efforts at contacting the family of XXX or his relatives, but all have proved abortive as he had no identifiable Wife or Children. This sum of US$132.1M has remained unclaimed ever since then and nobody has come forward as his next of kin. The
Management of my bank is contemplating to donate the money to the Trust Fund of WEST AFRICAN PEACE KEEPING FORCE (ECOMOG) for arms and ammunitions which will further escalate the course of senseless wars and ethnic killings in West African Sub-region and the world at large which we consider as genocide.

It is against the background of the foregoing, that myself and two of my colleagues n the bank have decided to contact you for assistance and partnership, for you to stand as the next of kin to Mr. XXX. With your permission this fund will be transferred to your private account abroad as the beneficiary and next of kin to Mr.XXX. All proof of claim and necessary documentation will be carefully worked out in your favour and we assure you of 100% risk free involvement and protection.

Consequently, if you find this proposal acceptable to you and you wish to assist us, I expect your urgent response and upon receipt of that,we shall discuss and agree on the disbursement and sharing ratio.

Let me therefore expect your very urgent response through my above phone,fax or e-mail addresses. Please endeavour to include your private phone and fax number and also your private e-mail where available. Please keep this proposal very secret and confidential.
Thank you and best regards as I await your urgent response.

Yours faithfuly,

XXX

A email that I received

Reply #2
About 4% of all spam mails worldwide are from this "Nigeria connection". Anti-Spam company Brightmail lists it as the 9th most common spam mail for 2002...

A email that I received

Reply #4
Just this afternoon I received one from a supposed "Najwa Karam," who claims to be the son of a victim of oppression in Iraq. Wants to give me a share of 32 million US dollars his father squirreled away over the years, if I'll just help 'em transfer it to a bank in Switzerland. Of course, I'd have to set up the accounts with an ample balance from my own resources, etcetera, but it's a small price to pay for the anticipated payoff. 

For those who think the name seems familiar, Najwa Karam is really a Lebanese diva pop singer....

- M.

A email that I received

Reply #5
@c.b.2000: I also received the exact same email today!!  On average, I probably see one or two of these a week.

A email that I received

Reply #6
DEAR SIR/MADAM:

I AM MR. DARL MCBRIDE CURRENTLY SERVING AS THE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE SCO GROUP, FORMERLY KNOWN AS CALDERA SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, IN LINDON, UTAH, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I KNOW THIS LETTER MIGHT SURPRISE YOUR BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD NO PREVIOUS COMMUNICATIONS OR BUSINESS DEALINGS BEFORE NOW.

MY ASSOCIATES HAVE RECENTLY MADE CLAIM TO COMPUTER SOFTWARES WORTH AN ESTIMATED $1 BILLION U.S. DOLLARS. I AM WRITING TO YOU IN CONFIDENCE BECAUSE WE URGENTLY REQUIRE YOUR ASSISTANCE TO OBTAIN THESE FUNDS.

IN THE EARLY 1970S THE AMERICAN TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH CORPORATION DEVELOPED AT GREAT EXPENSE THE COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE KNOWN AS UNIX. UNFORTUNATELY THE LAWS OF MY COUNTRY PROHIBITED THEM FROM SELLING THESE SOFTWARES AND SO THEIR VALUABLE SOURCE CODES REMAINED PRIVATELY HELD. UNDER A SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT SOME PROGRAMMERS FROM THE CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF BERKELEY DID ADD MORE CODES TO THIS OPERATING SYSTEM, INCREASING ITS VALUE, BUT NOT IN ANY WAY TO DILUTE OR DISPARAGE OUR FULL AND RIGHTFUL OWNERSHIP OF THESE CODES, DESPITE ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN AMERICAN TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH AND THE CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF BERKELEY, WHICH AGREEMENT WE DENY AND DISAVOW.

IN THE YEAR 1984 A CHANGE OF REGIME IN MY COUNTRY ALLOWED THE AMERICAN TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH CORPORATION TO MAKE PROFITS FROM THESE SOFTWARES. IN THE YEAR 1990 OWNERSHIP OF THESE SOFTWARES WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE CORPORATION UNIX SYSTEM LABORATORIES. IN THE YEAR 1993 THIS CORPORATION WAS SOLD TO THE CORPORATION NOVELL. IN THE YEAR 1994 SOME EMPLOYEES OF NOVELL FORMED THE CORPORATION CALDERA SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, WHICH BEGAN TO DISTRIBUTE AN UPSTART OPERATING SYSTEM KNOWN AS LINUX. IN THE YEAR 1995 NOVELL SOLD THE UNIX SOFTWARE CODES TO SCO. IN THE YEAR 2001 OCCURRED A SEPARATION OF SCO, AND THE SCO BRAND NAME AND UNIX CODES WERE ACQUIRED BY THE CALDERA SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, AND IN THE FOLLOWING YEAR THE CALDERA SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL WAS RENAMED SCO GROUP, OF WHICH I CURRENTLY SERVE AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER.

MY ASSOCIATES AND I OF THE SCO GROUP ARE THEREFORE THE FULL AND RIGHTFUL OWNERS OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARES KNOWN AS UNIX. OUR ENGINEERS HAVE DISCOVERED THAT NO FEWER THAN SEVENTY (70) LINES OF OUR VALUABLE AND PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODES HAVE APPEARED IN THE UPSTART OPERATING SYSTEM LINUX. AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE, THIS GIVES US A CLAIM ON THE MILLIONS OF LINES OF VALUABLE SOFTWARE CODES WHICH COMPRISE THIS LINUX AND WHICH HAS BEEN SOLD AT GREAT PROFIT TO VERY MANY BUSINESS ENTERPRISES. OUR LEGAL EXPERTS HAVE ADVISED US THAT OUR CONTRIBUTION TO THESE CODES IS WORTH AN ESTIMATED ONE (1) BILLION U.S. DOLLARS.

UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY EXTRACTING OUR FUNDS FROM THESE COMPUTER SOFTWARES. TO THIS EFFECT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE MANDATE BY MY COLLEAGUES TO CONTACT YOU AND ASK FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. WE ARE PREPARED TO SELL YOU A SHARE IN THIS ENTERPRISE, WHICH WILL SOON BE VERY PROFITABLE, THAT WILL GRANT YOU THE RIGHTS TO USE THESE VALUABLE SOFTWARES IN YOUR BUSINESS ENTERPRISE. UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT ABLE AT THIS TIME TO SET A PRICE ON THESE RIGHTS. THEREFORE IT IS OUR RESPECTFUL SUGGESTION, THAT YOU MAY BE IMMEDIATELY A PARTY TO THIS ENTERPRISE, BEFORE OTHERS ACCEPT THESE LUCRATIVE TERMS, THAT YOU SEND US THE NUMBER OF A BANKING ACCOUNT WHERE WE CAN WITHDRAW FUNDS OF A SUITABLE AMOUNT TO GUARANTEE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS ENTERPRISE. AS AN ALTERNATIVE YOU MAY SEND US THE NUMBER AND EXPIRATION DATE OF YOUR MAJOR CREDIT CARD, OR YOU MAY SEND TO US A SIGNED CHECK FROM YOUR BANKING ACCOUNT PAYABLE TO "SCO GROUP" AND WITH THE AMOUNT LEFT BLANK FOR US TO CONVENIENTLY SUPPLY.

KINDLY TREAT THIS REQUEST AS VERY IMPORTANT AND STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. I HONESTLY ASSURE YOU THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% LEGAL AND RISK-FREE.
地獄