Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shoutcast (Read 3891 times) previous topic - next topic

Shoutcast

Is the icy-metaint always found in the http headers, or could it be in the response data?

I´m asking due to some old code of mine which searches both the headers and the data, but I cannot find any stream with the icy-metaint not in the header.

Shoutcast

Reply #1
icy-metaint should only ever be received in the header since it needs to be known from the start of the stream playback in order to be able then calculate when the metadata details will arrive.

-daz

Shoutcast

Reply #3
the v1 and v2 SHOUTcast DNAS only ever send it at the start of the client connection in the header information - and the source code for both versions which is open in front of my matches with that what i'd previously said.

with what you've referred to, i don't see why it attempts to look in the body of the stream unless they've come across a 3rd party DNAS which does it that way. but as i say, the official SHOUTcast DNAS do not send it in-stream.

-daz