Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: RCA VS XLR (Read 11522 times) previous topic - next topic

RCA VS XLR

Reply #25
BTW,
Any way to combine 2 RCA cables with a 3mm input (3mm is from subwoofer)? Maybe that will fix the problem.
Sorry, I'm not sure what's an input, what's an output, and what connects to those 3.5mm & RCA connectors.

See if you can so something with this and this.

Is there some sort of guide on Youtube?
I'm not sure what to search for to find an example, lol. (If there is one.)
Unless you already have a soldering iron and you've soldered wires to connectors, etc., "hacking" a perfectly good Logitech speaker is probably not the best place to start.        (It would be best to start learning something like that by building or repairing cables, or by attempting a repair on something that's broken.)

With that warning - You should be able to find instructions to wire-up a connector like that, but you probably won't find instructions for re-wiring the connector.  Sometimes, it's not so easy to figure-out which solder-terminal is which...  If it was me, I'd check the connections with my multimeter before & after soldering.

Sub from Logitech has a 3mm headphone input 2 RCA inputs that won't work with Rokits. The signal is outputted to the sound card typically with a 3mm jack. There is no 3mm jack on my sound card but there are two RCA spots so right now I convert 3mm to two RCA. Rokits would be RCA, 2 for 2 monitors. I need to find a way to plug two RCA along with the subwoofer into a sound card with only two RCA input holes.

RCA VS XLR

Reply #26
The mini headphone connector is 3.5 mm, not 3 mm (not that it's a big deal or anything, but it is a bit confusing to read 3 mm all the time).

I think we've established that the Logitech sub won't do unless you start tinkering. I would advise against learning that stuff on an active subwoofer. Most other subs will have a crossover built in and RCA (or headphone plug or XLR) inputs and outputs at line level. In that case, no soldering or such will be necessary and you'd simply have to get the right cables.

EDIT: I should also mention that I used to own Rokit 5 G2s a few years ago. Those babies get surprisingly loud. And, in a medium-size room, I didn't really felt a sub is missing. (Obviously, Rokit 5s are not a dream setup, but as a poor grad student, I was more than happy with them.) Somehow, I suspect the addiction of a Z-2300 sub would have done more harm than good.

RCA VS XLR

Reply #27
The mini headphone connector is 3.5 mm, not 3 mm (not that it's a big deal or anything, but it is a bit confusing to read 3 mm all the time).

I think we've established that the Logitech sub won't do unless you start tinkering. I would advise against learning that stuff on an active subwoofer. Most other subs will have a crossover built in and RCA (or headphone plug or XLR) inputs and outputs at line level. In that case, no soldering or such will be necessary and you'd simply have to get the right cables.

EDIT: I should also mention that I used to own Rokit 5 G2s a few years ago. Those babies get surprisingly loud. And, in a medium-size room, I didn't really felt a sub is missing. (Obviously, Rokit 5s are not a dream setup, but as a poor grad student, I was more than happy with them.) Somehow, I suspect the addiction of a Z-2300 sub would have done more harm than good.

Thanks for your input.
I'm not sure if Z2300 would bring down the audio experience or not, that's why I want to try it. If anything, just to see what it'd sound like: Rokit 5 ... and Logitech. 
I considered getting that Dayton subwoofer for $80 but I heard it's not really going to be an upgrade so I think I'll refrain from doing that.