Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1903875 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2550
Heya all, I just started using cuetools again, and trying out cue ripper.  There's one feature I noticed and would like to suggest an improvement to, and another feature I'd like to suggest since I can't find it anywhere in cueripper.

Firstly, secure ripping mode.  I notice that it reads the cd twice at least, and compares the two copies.  It then compares the checksums to the accuraterip database at some point to verify further.  What I don't understand is why it seems to read the cd in 1 minute chunks twice before moving on?  Wouldn't it be more efficient and less wear on the drive to read the whole disk twice linearly instead of in small chunks like that?  Is there a good reason why it was set up the way it is?  It seems like such a small chunk size should be reserved for a more secure ripping mode?  Can this be either added or made configurable in a future release?

Secondly, cuetools has a cool feature to add accuraterip tags to the cuesheet and flac file.  I couldn't find this option in the cueripper, even though it was clearly doing the verification process.  Can this be added to cueripper?

Reply #2551
See this article on secure ripping. What you describe is more like burst mode test & copy.
Some rippers now can do a single burst rip + AccurateRip check and rereads only if no AccurateRip matches. I would prefer this be added to CUERipper.
korth

Reply #2552
See this article on secure ripping. What you describe is more like burst mode test & copy.

Thank you korth, that answered the first question for me perfectly.  I'm doing that as we speak.

Some rippers now can do a single burst rip + AccurateRip check and rereads only if no AccurateRip matches. I would prefer this be added to CUERipper.

I would totally +1 this request!  It seems like what I had to do manually to rip a Gummibär album, which unfortunately was surprisingly absent from the Database.

I would like to add another small request, and two minor complaint/annoyance bug reports:

CueRipper seems to be missing GD3 support.  GD3 is a nice database service that I actually paid for a while back.  EAC supports it, as well as a few other apps.  It provides quite nice metadata as well as high resolution album art scans, so adding it to cueripper and cuetools would be nice.

Secondly, Album Art.  The way it works is a little fudgy, and I couldn't find a way to "browse for album art".  I suggest that the album art pane should be pre-populated with a stock "No Album Art Available" image to make it clear what it is to first-time users, and that clicking on it should pull up a dialog to let you click on one of the available album arts, or to browse to select your own.

The last and final annoyance/bug report revolves around ReplayGain and SoundCheck support.  This one is two-part.  Firstly, Because I couldn't find any documentation to add ReplayGain tags to a rip or an encode in cue* anywhere, I fired up fb2k to add them to my final flac files.  When converting from these flac files to aac files, the resultant files had neither ReplayGain nor SoundCheck tags in them.  It would be nice if ReplayGain in the cuesheet would be preserved when transcoding, and especially helpful if soundcheck tags could be added to appropriate formats when one is selected as output, especially .mp3 and .m4a, but also possibly .wav and .aiff.

I know I've written a lot here, but I hope you'll consider what I've said and I hope you'll implement some or all of it.

Reply #2553
CueRipper seems to be missing GD3 support.

Just a note. CUETools and CUERipper currently get metadata and cover art from the CTDB. The CTDB retrieves that data from other free databases. Using a pay service couldn't be handled the same way.

Secondly, Album Art. The way it works is a little fudgy, and I couldn't find a way to "browse for album art".

I haven't updated the wiki to show all the changes in 2.1.5 yet. Right now it does say to hover and click to change the image. It doesn't say that the cover art can change when you select to use different metadata. Having a blank image won't show you the art associated with each selection. It doesn't say that if you have the Album Art search set to 'Large', right-clicking the mouse pointer over the image will show a section of the image at full size. It also doesn't say that if you set Metadata search to 'Extensive', you may get more cover art images along with the additional metadata.

When converting from these flac files to aac files, the resultant files had neither ReplayGain nor SoundCheck tags in them. It would be nice if ReplayGain in the cuesheet would be preserved when transcoding,

I haven't checked SoundCheck tags (no iTunes) but do you have Copy unknown tags checked. This is needed to copy ReplayGain tags to the files when converting with CUETools. I just ran a test FLAC to AAC with fb2k applied ReplayGain tags plus CUE sheet REM entries (such as REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +2.02 dB) and everything copied to the output CUE sheet and AAC files just fine.
korth

Reply #2554
CueRipper seems to be missing GD3 support.

Just a note. CUETools and CUERipper currently get metadata and cover art from the CTDB. The CTDB retrieves that data from other free databases. Using a pay service couldn't be handled the same way.

It seems to have MusicBrainz and freedb available as well..  Or are those by proxy from ctdb?

Secondly, Album Art. The way it works is a little fudgy, and I couldn't find a way to "browse for album art".

I haven't updated the wiki to show all the changes in 2.1.5 yet. Right now it does say to hover and click to change the image. It doesn't say that the cover art can change when you select to use different metadata. Having a blank image won't show you the art associated with each selection. It doesn't say that if you have the Album Art search set to 'Large', right-clicking the mouse pointer over the image will show a section of the image at full size. It also doesn't say that if you set Metadata search to 'Extensive', you may get more cover art images along with the additional metadata.

I've had to browse google manually for the album art for one of my albums.  I don't remember which.  I then had to rename it appropriately, and I had to place it in the rips folder for cuetools to pick it up.  That was annoying, and a simple "click -> browse" in cue ripper would have been handy.
Does large album art automatically fall back to medium or small album art if large is unavailable, or does it only search for Large?

When converting from these flac files to aac files, the resultant files had neither ReplayGain nor SoundCheck tags in them. It would be nice if ReplayGain in the cuesheet would be preserved when transcoding,

I haven't checked SoundCheck tags (no iTunes) but do you have Copy unknown tags checked. This is needed to copy ReplayGain tags to the files when converting with CUETools. I just ran a test FLAC to AAC with fb2k applied ReplayGain tags plus CUE sheet REM entries (such as REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +2.02 dB) and everything copied to the output CUE sheet and AAC files just fine.

I just did the exact same test, but I'm ripping to single FLAC with embedded CUEsheet.  The resultant .m4a files do NOT have replaygain tracks.  I double-checked by deleting an album, verifying that "Copy Unknown Tags" is checked (everything in that box is checked), then reconverting.  The end result was m4a files with essentially every other tag in place, but no replaygain tags in the tracks as per aimp.  It does, however, have album and track gain tags in the cuesheet in the resultant folder, which is promising.

Reply #2555
It seems to have MusicBrainz and freedb available as well.. Or are those by proxy from ctdb?

The metadata is replicated and stored in the CTDB.

Does large album art automatically fall back to medium or small album art if large is unavailable, or does it only search for Large?

If a 150px thumb is all that's available then that's what you get.

I just did the exact same test, but I'm ripping to single FLAC with embedded CUEsheet. The resultant .m4a files do NOT have replaygain tracks.

OK I see now what you're saying. For Image+CUE or embedded CUE, fb2k only writes replaygain info to the CUE. When converting Image+CUE or embedded CUE in CUETools to tracks, replaygain info is still written to the CUE but not copied to the tags of the track files. Currently CUETools only adds basic tags from CUE data.
korth

Reply #2556
Would it be possible to somehow change the tagging window on CUETools so that pressing the home key does NOT jump to the (uneditable) label of the row and just jump to the start of the edit field as it should?
It's kind of frustrating having to manually navigate the cursor to the start of the entry instead of pressing "home" and be done with it.

Current behavior:
Code: [Select]
#1 | Track01][   -> "home" -> [#1] | Track01

Desired behavior:
#1 | Track01][   -> "home" -> #1 | ][Track01

(with ][ being the text cursor, [] highlight of the label)

Reply #2557
Another thing: if you put the files for verification into an NTFS drive root (e.g. a RAM disk), CUETools will fail to do anything because
Access to the path 'R:\System Volume Information' is denied..

Why is it going there in the first place? I have "try to locate missing files" enabled, but in this case I am selecting the files, not the .cue, and even for correct cuesheets, CUETools still seems to be traversing folders unnecessarily.

Adding certain system folders (like the system volume information) to an internal blacklist should make sense.

Reply #2558
I've discovered another small bug using the opus codec.  The opus codec goes into a file with .opus as the extension, but the container is simply a standard ogg container.  Therefore, taglib/ogg should be used to add tags, however, taglib is attempting to use taglib/opus, which is not defined.  Other than the present inability to tag .opus files, the opus container seems to work simply by pointing the encoder at opustools.  This is occuring as of cuetools 2.1.5.  Opus tools is available from here:  http://www.opus-codec.org/downloads/ and I used the following settings to configure opus encoding:

add format:  Opus
select opusenc vbr
select lossy encoding

add encoder: extension opus
Path: opus-tools-0.1.9-win32\opusenc.exe
parameters: --vbr - %O
Modes:  <Empty>
Name:  opusenc vbr

I added an opusenc cvbr as well as follows, but didn't use it:
add encoder: extension opus
Path: opus-tools-0.1.9-win32\opusenc.exe
parameters: --cvbr %M - %O
modes: 6 24 32 48 64 96 112 128 160 256 510
Name: opusenc cvbr

Reply #2559
Just found another small..  mis-feature in cueripper.  I can't find a button to say "None of these metadata options is correct.  Treat it as a blank album".  I had to manually enter metadata for an album for which the only reasonable track titles are "Track 01", "Track 02", ... "Track 99".  It was mis-identified as any of a half dozen other audio books.  Therefore, I had to manually enter those track titles for 99 books.  A simple button which says "None of these is right, Reset it to a blank album" which also renumbers the tracks as above would have been quite useful.  If it is present, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Reply #2560
Just found another small..  mis-feature in cueripper.  I can't find a button to say "None of these metadata options is correct.  Treat it as a blank album".  I had to manually enter metadata for an album for which the only reasonable track titles are "Track 01", "Track 02", ... "Track 99".  It was mis-identified as any of a half dozen other audio books.  Therefore, I had to manually enter those track titles for 99 books.  A simple button which says "None of these is right, Reset it to a blank album" which also renumbers the tracks as above would have been quite useful.  If it is present, I couldn't find it anywhere.

A workaround is to start the rip, stop the rip, then use a robust text-editor to edit the newest xml file in the folder %APPDATA%/CUE Tools/MetadataCache (Make sure it's the correct file) to perform a quick global search/replace for "wrong" information.  Carefully.  Then simply eject and re-load the disk, and it'll pick up the correct data.

Reply #2561
Hello, i have a problem in CueTools with this message:
Exception: Build failed with error code BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

half month ago i have no that problem, and convert files without any problems. I read topics about that problem, but didn't found solutions.

My system:
CueTools 2.1.5 from official web site

Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
MB: GigaByte B85M-D3H - Bios Up to Date
Mem: GEIL 8192 МБ DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 МГц)
VideoCard: Zotac GeForce nVidia GTS 250 512 MB
SSD: SanDisk SDSSDHP128G
HDD: WDC WD10EALX-229BA0

PS: Let me know which information u need to help to solve this problem.

Reply #2562
Grigory will be of more help on this than I but I believe this is from the FlacCL encoder.
Some more info to help him:
Same build of CUETools and plugins?
Any recent changes to computer? Updates? Drivers?
You're Converting using same encoder as when you had no problems?

korth

Reply #2563
Hello, i have a problem in CueTools with this message:
Exception: Build failed with error code BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

If you really have the problem with flacCL there may have been a small change lately that kicked out your GTS 250.
You may try to test flacCL with your Intel Core i3 4130 build in HD graphics if the problem is solved.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #2564
Grigory will be of more help on this than I but I believe this is from the FlacCL encoder.
Some more info to help him:
Same build of CUETools and plugins?
Any recent changes to computer? Updates? Drivers?
You're Converting using same encoder as when you had no problems?

i clear all information about cuetools (it self directory and AppData\Roaming\coetools)
then download current (2.1.5) version from this URL: http://cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Download
extract it, change Audio Output to "Lossless", Flac, FlacCL. In settings at Platform i have 3 various:
Intel® OpenCL - Exception: no OpenCL devices found that matched filter criteria
Experimental OpenCL 2.0 CPU Only Platform - Exception: no OpenCL devices found that matched filter criteria
and NVIDIA CUDA - Exception: Build failed with error code BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

PS: Drivers for NVIDIA, i tried latest drivers 340.52 and 337.88 older one, cuz i remember that i was update them. Drivers for Intel, i have installed "Intel Graphic Driver", "OpenCL runtime for Intel Core and Xeon Processor, and Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors" and "Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014" just in case biggrin.gif

All 3 platforms has worked before changes, but which one could broke it i have no idea.
Some changes i remember:
Update:
Windows
Mozilla FireFox 33.0 (x86 ru)
Mozilla ThinderBird 31.2.0 (x86 ru)
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack to 10.8.0
nVidia Driver to 340.52, then 337.88
Java 7 to update 71

Checked system for Viruses by:
DrWeb Cure It
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Kaspersky Security Scan
AVZ

Reply #2565
Most likely the same problem here: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...4628&st=375
Your Gts250 may report OpenCL 1.0 only while it can do 1.1 As i understand editing the flac.cl file can work with removing the OpenCL version check.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #2566
How exactly i could disable OpenCL Version Check? (i am not a programmer)

any way i cant understand why other two methods was broken too
Intel® OpenCL - Exception: no OpenCL devices found that matched filter criteria
Experimental OpenCL 2.0 CPU Only Platform - Exception: no OpenCL devices found that matched filter criteria

Reply #2567
And i have a problem with compressing to qaac. Average speed in CueTools is near 47x but Foobar2000 could convert with 115x. Foobar use 4 qaac processes, CueTools use only one.

I have check on "Separate thread for decoding"

Reply #2568
Anyone..? Anything...?

Reply #2569
Then it probably just doesn't support multiple encoding-threads.

Reply #2570
I guess so, that is just a feedback. What about my problem which I ask earlier?

Reply #2571
Most likely the same problem here: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...4628&st=375
Your Gts250 may report OpenCL 1.0 only while it can do 1.1 As i understand editing the flac.cl file can work with removing the OpenCL version check.

I have the same problem on my nVidia GT8600, although I have just found a way to 'fix' it:

If I use flac.cl from an old version of cuetools (the last version that worked with FLACCL), it creates a metainfo.xml file in "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Local Settings\Application Data\CUE Tools\OpenCL" along with a data file.

Once these files are created, then latest version works perfectly (without any modification or replacing files).

Reply #2572
I'm using CueTools through PlayOnLinux trying to access a USB connected drive but I get the message "The given path's format is not supported".
I cannot keep my library on my internal drive so I want to run CueTools on my external but I can't. How come?

Reply #2573
Honestly, didn't even know it works with PlayOnLinux
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2574
Honestly, didn't even know it works with PlayOnLinux

Running CUETools under Wine was discussed briefly [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=849452']here[/a] and the followup message [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=849933']here[/a]. Both claimed it was working.
korth