Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Prevent automatic writing of theme.fth file at shutdown (Read 1922 times) previous topic - next topic

Prevent automatic writing of theme.fth file at shutdown

Hi.

I have spent a considerable time configuring the layout of my foobar2000 installation. However, every time I shut the application down, it writes the last layout information to the theme.fth file.

I want to somehow prevent that from happening.

I switched on the "read-only" attribute of the theme.fth file, but I now see the following message every time I shut down FB2K:

Code: [Select]
Theme file could not be written (File is read-only)
If you choose 'cancel', your recent theme changes will be lost.

Although this message is helpful, I want to suppress it to save myself some unnecessary mouse clicks.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to either disable automatic writing of the theme.fth file or to suppress the above warning message.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Please explain, why exactly is rewriting your theme file bad?

Sounds to me like what you really want is a safe backup of your fth to revert to anytime?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
either don't make changes or treat the file like anything else that is important to you: back it up.

Reply #3
Please explain, why exactly is rewriting your theme file bad?

Sounds to me like what you really want is a safe backup of your fth to revert to anytime?

Re-writing the theme file is not bad.
I just have my theme set up in a 'perfect' way and I don't want any accidental layout changes to be saved into the theme file when I close the application.

And yes, I do take regular back-ups of everything - including my Foobar2000 configuration files.