IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.


See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Russian characters
nesvariigi
post Apr 29 2013, 13:25
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 29-April 13
From: Riga
Member No.: 107894



Ok, i am sick of searching already. Nothing helps.

Russian characters are not displayed properly in Foobar. Files are mp3, tags are ID3v2.3 or 2.4. Encoding is UTF-8. Font is Tahoma. I don't see where the problem is. Maybe some of you can help? smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Case
post Apr 29 2013, 14:24
Post #2





Group: Developer (Donating)
Posts: 2294
Joined: 19-October 01
From: Finland
Member No.: 322



What do you mean by "not displayed properly"? Do you see wrong characters, boxes, something else?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nesvariigi
post Apr 29 2013, 15:55
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 29-April 13
From: Riga
Member No.: 107894



Wrong characters.


This post has been edited by nesvariigi: Apr 29 2013, 16:16
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Case
post Apr 29 2013, 18:11
Post #4





Group: Developer (Donating)
Posts: 2294
Joined: 19-October 01
From: Finland
Member No.: 322



The tags have been coded with wrong codepage at some point. You can use Chacon component to fix things.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nesvariigi
post Apr 29 2013, 18:32
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 29-April 13
From: Riga
Member No.: 107894



OK, i think, i figured out, how Chacon works. You can delete this topic. Thanks for the help, anyway. smile.gif

This post has been edited by nesvariigi: Apr 29 2013, 18:43
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lvqcl
post Apr 29 2013, 18:45
Post #6





Group: Developer
Posts: 3468
Joined: 2-December 07
Member No.: 49183



QUOTE
None of codepages fixes the problem

Try preconversion = 1252, original charset = 1251.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nesvariigi
post Apr 29 2013, 19:00
Post #7





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 29-April 13
From: Riga
Member No.: 107894



QUOTE (lvqcl @ Apr 29 2013, 19:45) *
QUOTE
None of codepages fixes the problem

Try preconversion = 1252, original charset = 1251.


My solution was: system code page, and 1251. At first, I didn't know how Chacon works. Then, I read the tutorial. Now it is clear to me. Thanks again.

This post has been edited by nesvariigi: Apr 29 2013, 19:03
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 06:54