Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 799683 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #925
Hey Zao!

There's probably another memory leak in Waveform Seekbar 0.2.14.1. After updating to this version I caught f2k once requiring about more than one GB of RAM. Today it's about 200 MB, although foobar lasts at about 70 MB. (Win 7x64, foobar2000 v1.1.10, 4 GB RAM)

Could you please check that? I'm sorry, that I cannot provide you more information.

Regards,
White_Shadow

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #926
That's a rather attractive skin, colagen. Props.

Thanks ! But now, it is really attractive, at least for me  I finally take some hours to learn how to hide the scrollbars and others things. Next step for my next "what the f.. could i do this weekend" would be to learn how to do advanced things with WSH panel, but eh i've already fall too far into the foobar madness skinning.
With waveform + the two chanel spectrum panels i've add in the background (the big brown one is maybe hard to see in the screenshot), it seems that my foobar is now alive

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #927
sorry if this has been posted before BUT ..

the wave seekbar has stopped displaying some of my files. I have no idea why. I ran all the functions available in the waveform seekbar drop down menu and the missing waveform overviews are missing. How can I force the rebuild of the waveform for these files ? thanks

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #928
The context menu entry under Utilities named "Extract Seekbar Signature" should re-scan the file if run by the user.
What kind of file is this? Does the console say anything? Can you provide (privately) a file that is missing its waveform?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #929
The context menu entry under Utilities named "Extract Seekbar Signature" should re-scan the file if run by the user.

Sorry that didn't work for any of the files ..

What kind of file is this?

They are all .wav but a mix of stereo, mono, 44.1k, 48k, 16bit, 24bit and some are ADPCM. Some files show the waveform display other do not. Last week the same files all showed thier waveform display.

Does the console say anything? Can you provide (privately) a file that is missing its waveform?
I'm sorry I don't know what the console is. I'll zip up a file I can share and send it later today.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #930

Your sample file scans properly. Try some different frontends, see if there's any difference in whether it shows or not.
The console is accessible through View -> Console, and is a log of recent messages and errors.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #931
Oops ok I see the console now thanks I have set it to write a log file.

I've realized this morning the problem is limited to playlists. When I started out using foobar I was only creating playlists then just dragging and dropping files directly onto them. I had not set the Preference for my "Music Library" folder pathname yet. Now that I have my "Music Library" folder pathnames setup and the files have scanned over-night they all show up in the waveform seekbar just fine. As I review the playlists created over the past week or two I can see the waveform overviews are still missing. I am using the "Playlist Organizer" component ... could that be part of the problem ?? Anway overall things have improved as I can now search the library directly and the waveforms display no problem.

If you have the time I would really appreciate your advice with one more thing. The path I have set for my "Music Library" is a network disk with over 11,000 full resolution .wav files. Most are less than 60seconds long. over time I will end up auditioning each one of these files. I'm concerned that I have no idea how the waveform overviews are managed. Is there some hidden directory somewhere that stores the waveform overview? Am I filling up a local directory or is it writing back to the network disk ?? Is there a process for managing the overview files ?? Thanks

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #932
I've realized this morning the problem is limited to playlists. When I started out using foobar I was only creating playlists then just dragging and dropping files directly onto them. I had not set the Preference for my "Music Library" folder pathname yet. Now that I have my "Music Library" folder pathnames setup and the files have scanned over-night they all show up in the waveform seekbar just fine. As I review the playlists created over the past week or two I can see the waveform overviews are still missing. I am using the "Playlist Organizer" component ... could that be part of the problem ?? Anway overall things have improved as I can now search the library directly and the waveforms display no problem.

There's a setting somewhere for the waveform seekbar to allow analysis of files that are not in the Media Library. It is enabled by default, but you might have accidentally disabled it.

If you have the time I would really appreciate your advice with one more thing. The path I have set for my "Music Library" is a network disk with over 11,000 full resolution .wav files. Most are less than 60seconds long. over time I will end up auditioning each one of these files. I'm concerned that I have no idea how the waveform overviews are managed. Is there some hidden directory somewhere that stores the waveform overview? Am I filling up a local directory or is it writing back to the network disk ?? Is there a process for managing the overview files ?? Thanks

The backing storage for the component is a sqlite3 database file in your foobar2000 profile directory, named 'wavecache.db'. It stores the queue of pending scans (which persists over restarts) and it stores the waveforms as compressed binary blobs. A single stereo track takes around 20 KiB or so.

I've considered to have per-directory databases or so, but never really got a good use case to warrant implementing it.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #933
There's a setting somewhere for the waveform seekbar to allow analysis of files that are not in the Media Library. It is enabled by default, but you might have accidentally disabled it.

man I am so sorry yes this is exactly the problem I BROKE IT !! The setting is in the //Preferences/Advanced/Waveform Seekbar/Analise tracks not in the media library. I had disabled this feature .. duh ...

I really appreciate that you created and actively support this very useful foobar component it has been a great help to me !!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #934
Nice to hear that for once, it was not my fault. 
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #935
Case found a bug in the mono downmixing of waveforms, which had the effect of completely ignoring the rear right and surround right channels and attenuating the LFE and center channels in the waveforms.
If you have any waveforms that were scanned with the advanced setting to downmix scan results to mono, you probably want to rescan those. Otherwise, just enjoy a slightly less broken product.

This was fixed in the just released 0.2.14.2, which should be live on the site and through the update functionality now.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #936
Just in case this info helps in the waveform seekbar right click / configuration window I have set
[blockquote]Frontend = Direct2D 1.0
Misc = Downmix display to mono set to YES[/blockquote]
Then in foobar Preferences/Advanced/Tools/Waveform Seekabar
[blockquote]Store analysed tracks in mono set to YES[/blockquote]

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #937
[blockquote]Store analysed tracks in mono set to YES[/blockquote]

If anyone has analysed 5.1 or 7.1 content with that setting enabled, I recommend that you should rescan those tracks, as some channels will be missing or attenuated in the waveform data.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #938
Hey guys,

I use these settings for my seekbar.fx:
http://pastebin.com/N6N1uCxJ

Someone from this thread gave them to me a year ago or so, I asked for code to scale the waveform with the replay gain. But I think it's not working correctly anymore. There are some tracks that are pretty loud due to replaygain, but the waveform is very tiny.

Can anybody help? I don't even slightly understand anything from this file...

Thanks for this awsome component!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #939
Hi Zao,

I have a minor issue with version 0.2.14.2:

Example:

file = 16bit, 44.1 kHz

-> Waveform analysed and displayed fine

Then I lower the volume and save the new file under the same name and same folder with 32bit, 48kHz. Now WaveformSeekbar doesn't update automatically. Even if I'm using the "Extract Seekbar signature" command, the file still displays the wrong/old waveform. I have to use "Remove seekbar signature" in order to get the new waveform (lower volume) displayed.

Is there no way to do this automatically (computing hash for each file and if it differs then do a rebuild of the signature)?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #940
Hashing a file is around the same magnitude of work as scanning a file, so that would be a rather significant performance hit for a common operation.

As for manual rescans, they should re-analyse the waveform properly unless I've managed to break that code yet again. The logic around there is ... tricky.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #941
"Always rescan track if requested by user" and "Analyze tracks not in the media library" are enabled here.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #942
I seem to have fixed that bug in the 0.2.15. It turns out that the "always rescan" option wasn't wired up at all in the code.
Note that the UI will not be aware of the change in the waveform until it re-requests it from the backend, which will typically happen when you restart the track.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #943
Ok, with 0.2.15 the "Extract Seekbar signature" + foobar2000 restart does the trick. Thanks!

Still not perfect (as it needs user interaction). What about saving the file date/time (instead of a hash) along with the signature? If the file date/time differs from the saved one, rebuild signature. Could this be done?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #944
That sort of information is not universally available from a playable location, especially not in the presence of cue sheets, archives and chapters.
I'd rather not make a half-arsed system that will require months of tuning to give occasionally better results.

Note that all you need to do is to restart the track, not the player.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #945
Ok. Thanks!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #946
In particular, being opportunistic and rescanning a file as soon as it changes will have the ill effect of locking access to the file a lot, which already is a problem as we lock the file when scanning already, causing real problems.

There's some problem with scanning a new file while playing the old contents too, as the display will then mismatch what is heard.

I'd need to design this properly if I ever implement it, and need to rejigger a bit of notification.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #947
Alright :)

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #948
• Would you consider implementing seeking via the mousewheel when mouseovered?
• I'm not sure if it's a limitation of Columns, but when the status bar is hidden/shown, the seekbar gets resized, even when locked.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #949
#18 - Seek on mouse wheel motion

As for resizing, I've got no clue what Columns UI does, or how to make it less stupid. It's probably their fault. If the window area changes as an effect of removing/adding the status bar, they don't have much alternative but to either resize panels or resize the whole window. Sounds like they went with the former.
Stay sane, exile.