Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ID3 tag To Filename (Read 4032 times) previous topic - next topic

ID3 tag To Filename

I am looking for a program that will rename files from the ID3 tag (preferably in batch mode). Any help would be appreciated

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #1
Tagger?

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #2
I highly recommend MP3 Tag Studio - it is stable and extremely powerful.  Yes, it can rename files using tag info or manually entered info in batch mode and quite a bit more.  Best I've seen.

Check out: MP3 Tag Studio
Was that a 1 or a 0?

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #3
I am looking for a program that will rename files from the ID3 tag (preferably in batch mode). Any help would be appreciated

Try something from this list:

TAG (+Speek's frontend)
pros: powerful tagger, which supports all the modern tag formats; one of the best tools of that kind; free
cons: could require entering some command line parameters manually; almost impossible to use to tag album manually (starting from the draft).

TAG&RENAME
pros: more-less good tagger and file renamer (renames files from it's tags)
cons: I personally hate the way it works; program is shareware

ABANDER TAG CONTROL
pros: successor to TAG&RENAME, also supports WMA, APE, MPC and OGG Vorbis tags.
cons: not that easy at work, as some other tools; shareware

Dr.TAG
pros: the best multitagger, renamer and file organizer for MP3s I've ever seen!
cons: still has some bugs; shareware

PZ TAGEDITOR
pros: easy to use and simple tag editor, file renamer, but only works with MP3s; free (don't remember if it's only for CIS and Russia).
cons: doesn't have some "perversions", like automated mode, CDDB support and so on, but does that really mean?

There are much more programs, but they're not too good (for me).

If you could pay for a program, I'd recommend you Dr.TAG for MP3s and ABANDER TAG CONTROL as a multiformat tool; if you're not ready to bye software, go and download TAG. You could try TAGSCANNER, but I dislike it.

Someone could recommend anything else...
Anyway, decide yourself

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #5
EAC does this well. Its even easy to set up.

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #6
I use MP3 Tag Studio.  It works well.

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #7
Another option is Renamer.

It's quite simple, but it gets the job done with ease. It's what I've been using, when I needed to mass-tag files (before Foobar2000 came along), or do ID3 file renaming.

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #8
Take 1 hour to learn to use it & tag will be all you will need. Smartest, simplest tag tool.

ID3 tag To Filename

Reply #9
Thank you all for your responses and advice. You solved my problem.