Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 879705 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1475
I'm trying the latest version but while it finds lyrics from Timestamped 3 it just says "Load failed." when I actually try to load the lyrics. Loading from the other sources still works fine...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1476
Yes... Unfortunately, the server hosting the lyrics seems to experience some difficulties right now. As previously said by michtar, it is even impossible to manually upload lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1477
thanks for the answers

Would it be possible to add a feature that removes certain words or characters? I really hate when I get stuff like + / - as line breakers... sometimes I get Asian characters right next to the English lyrics (as translations). An ideal scenario would include the option to remove mentions of %artist% %album% and %title% because I'm sick of those at the beginning of the lyrics, as if I don't have any other way to see the artist or song being played...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1478
I can't seem to make the plugin stop scrolling the lyrics. Even with both boxes unchecked in the preferences, it still scrolls on synced lyrics. Am I missing something or is this a bug? Also, is there a way to bring the lyrics to the top of the panel, rather than start halfway down? I'd rather see them all from the beginning of the song.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1479
Thanks for the update, but what's new in it (I couldn't find a changelog)?

Other than that, is there a way to make the plugin work with a library viewer (e.g. Facets) for viewing the lyrics for a selected track (without playing it)?
Moreover, I second what tomatosoup wrote, I've been wondering about the same thing - if the lyrics are shorter, they appear vertically centred.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1480
I would just like to thank everyone, from those who originally helped create this plugin, to those who have stayed active in this discussion, for helping users who have been having problems after all this time (This thread is 3 1/2 years old as of today!). It is threads like these that remind me how great the internet can be. Most people have never even heard of "Foobar", let alone its components, or a specific lyric plugin. And yet, because of the internet, those few of us who enjoy this software and care about it can gather together to help one another. However, moving right along to why I'm posting here today...

I was one of the many people who found themselves browsing the countless pages of this thread, reading posts that were added years ago, in search of the answer to the question:
"Why the heck is a lightweight music player like foobar, causing my amazingly high-spec computer to lag, just because I'm changing songs?"

Obviously we all know now it's because of this plugin, and the expired lyric databases associated with it. I do have a couple questions though:

1. Is there a way to add new databases? How complicated would this be? I know this is asked many times, but I'm confused about the functionality of allowing users to add their own databases, or if we are solely reliant on updates that come with databases preinstalled?

2. In the settings, why are the two columns titled "Search Order" and "Available Sources"? This is pretty confusing, and should instead be titled something like "Enabled/disabled", otherwise to a new user this is really unintuitive and it isn't very clear what this settings actually does.

3. Now that we have a new update (version 0.45 on 02.16.2015) what are the changes (the "Documentation" link still leads nowhere)? I personally have altered the settings so that only "lyrics.wikia.com" is left in the "Search Order" box, which fixed my CPU high usage problem. Does the plugin still have default settings that cause lag to new users?

Here is what my post said before I found out that the plugin had been updated, and I assumed that the developer had left this project long ago:

For every person who hears about Foobar and installs it for the first time, having the ability to add an extension/component/plugin that shows lyrics is going to be an incredibly popular prospect, A.K.A. this plugin is downloaded a lot. Which means that for many people, their systems will lag and freeze and they may never figure out the reason. Many will have these performance problems until they literally get a new computer. Or they may realize the source of the problem is coming from Foobar and uninstall it, not realizing it's not Foobar's fault. Or they may locate this plugin as the problem but assume the entire plugin is bugged and remove it, rather than simply change the settings.

I don't think we can, in good conscious, allow this plugin to continue to be downloaded and installed in it's current condition. We should either find a way to provide a warning/tutorial on how to address the current problem, or we should have the plugin edited to the point where the default settings don't cause this lag problem.

This obviously no longer applies since Vern is still maintaining this plugin and can make updates.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1481
Well, in my case the computer doesn't lag (Windows 7, 64 bits, running on SSD). The only lag I see is that it searches the lyric sources sequentially and some of them seem to be slow. For instance, I prefer synced lyrics, but if I could only have unsynced lyrics on my disk, it first looks for synced lyrics on those databases one after another in the predefined order ("Search order" is quite clear in my opinion) and if it still can't find new ones, then it shows my local lyrics. So, my unsynced lyrics take a few seconds until they are shown, which doesn't bother me so much.

If that bothers you, a better possibility would be to first show the unsynced lyrics, but replace them immediately if a better source is found (an idea for a future version).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1482
Hello!
There might have been a question like this before: Can I stop the text from scrolling?
If I untick the enable scroll settings it doesn't actually disable scrolling. It just jumps instead of smooth scrolling...
Also the highlight also becomes messed up, it becomes pale and dim instead of the bright color I have set.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1483
Hello!
There might have been a question like this before: Can I stop the text from scrolling?
If I untick the enable scroll settings it doesn't actually disable scrolling. It just jumps instead of smooth scrolling...
Also the highlight also becomes messed up, it becomes pale and dim instead of the bright color I have set.

I posted about this a few posts above you. I hope it gets fixed in the next version.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1484
I encountered this strange bug with the default settings. My files are, in the same folder:

Chimène Badi - Entre nous.lrc
Chimène Badi - Entre nous.mp3
Hervé Vilard - Nous.mp3
Hervé Vilard - Nous.txt
Noir désir - Le vent nous portera.lrc
Noir désir - Le vent nous portera.mp3

Their metadata are correct, nothing special about them.

When I play "Hervé Vilard - Nous.mp3", lyrics3 shows the lyrics for "Chimène Badi - Entre nous.lrc"!
If I remove "Chimène Badi - Entre nous.lrc", then it shows the lyrics for "Noir désir - Le vent nous portera.lrc"!
If I remove those 2 lyrics, only then it shows the right one.
But if I put those 2 back again, then it is still stubborn to show the wrong one.

I tried to select the lyrics manually, but there is no association possibility as we had in lyrics2, so it keeps showing a wrong one next time.

(I also noticed that, when click on "Choose lyrics", it automatically suggests "Chimène Badi - Entre nous.lrc" or "Noir désir - Le vent nous portera.lrc", but Windows only shows " - Entre nous.lrc" or " nous portera.lrc" in the Open file box. The rest is out of the file name field; you just have to hit the Home key to see it.)

Lyrics2 or MiniLyrics don't have these problems and find the right file automatically.

So, it has to has to be a bug happening on lyrics3 because some other files happen to have the same word "nous" in their name. I recall that some other time I encountered a similar bug on another file and, if I remember correctly, it took another word from the file name and mismatched it with an unrelated file.

Windows 7 64 bit, foobar 1.3.7, lyrics3 0.4.5 here

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1485
Noticed an oddity, which my just be me misusing ?

I started playing a Steve Roach album, so its instrumental. Lyric sesarch did its thing and reported back that nothing was found, so I edited the lyric and an replaced the [text here] bit with  '--{instrumental}--', and saved the result.
The normal [al]/[ti] etc headers now show up as inline text

If I add the timestamp to it, all works fine.

I'm using 'prefer timestamp' in the settings.

FB 1.3.8b1
LS 0.4.5

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1486
Darklyrics is not working... it fails to load the lyrics automatically and manually.
It didn't on 4.4 and is still does not on 4.5

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1487
Just wanted to share something I found that has been irking me for quite some time, and think I finally figured out why it's doing this... I only want UNSYNCED LYRICS, not timestamped LYRICS.  I have the "Save Method" set to "Save to Tag", with the "synced lyric tag" going to "LYRICS" and the "unsynced lyric tag" going to "UNSYNCED LYRICS".  "Enable automatic sync" is checked, and "only save synced lyrics automatically" is UN-checked.  Every once in a while, whether I edit the lyrics myself, or the lyrics are downloaded from one of the sites in the config, when they are saved they wind up in the LYRICS tag instead of UNSYNCED LYRICS.    This is after viewing them in the window and clearly seeing that they are not timestamped.  What I found was when the generated title tags happen to contain a bracket and a number like the 7" single does here:

[ar:Telly Savalas]
[ti:Some Broken Hearts Never Mend]
[al:Some Broken Hearts Never Mend [7" single])]

The component assumes it's run into a timestamp in the "[7"  and saves it to LYRICS, instead of UNSYNCED LYRICS.  At least that appears to be what is happening.

When I changed the title info in the "edit lyrics" window to preceed the 7" with a paren instead of a bracket, it then saves it to UNSYNCED LYRICS:

[al:Some Broken Hearts Never Mend (7" single)]

Not sure if this can be fixed or not, I mainly just wanted to share this finding in case anyone else ran into this.  Since when the component runs into "[7" it has run into a 2nd left bracket before hitting the matching right bracket for the 1st left bracket, it could detect this, but not sure if that would cause some other problem or not.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1488
Please add an option to disable auto search & load lyric (should only search when user explicitly click "search lyric")
I know the search filter "$if($stricmp(%gerne%,Instrumental),1,0)" but I cannot rely on that all the time

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1490
Is there no way to change the scrolling step size? A finer step size would be nice to correct sync with the music.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1491
Is it me or is timestamped 2 is totally broken? I usually get 3-4 results from it, but all of them show some stupid xml error nonsense.
Which website is it supposed to be anyway?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1492
From some other thread here:
Timestamped1 = Cicyzone
Timestamped2 = TTPlayer
Timestamped3 = MiniLyrics

Use 3

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1493
From some other thread here:
Timestamped1 = Cicyzone
Timestamped2 = TTPlayer
Timestamped3 = MiniLyrics

Use 3

Is the TTPlayer lyrics service discontinued/broken. Or only the foo_uie_lyrics3 plugin for it got broken?
Unfortunately too often the timestamped 2 turns out synced results for songs and I only get an XML error.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1494
I can confirm that timestamp2 doesn't seem to be working. I have tried it a few times over the last week each time with the same result as you reported. It looks likely that the parsing of timestamp2 by foo_uie_lyrics3 needs updating and I have directly highlighted this to the Vern. Perhaps he will do an update or provide a definitive answer.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1495
Is the TTPlayer lyrics service discontinued/broken. Or only the foo_uie_lyrics3 plugin for it got broken?
Unfortunately too often the timestamped 2 turns out synced results for songs and I only get an XML error.

I don't know that. In my experience Timestamped 3 works for synchronised and lyrics.wikia.com for not synchronised lyrics just fine. Remove the others.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1496
Personally, I only use Lyrics Show Panel 3 to show lyrics in foobar2000 and use MiniLyrics to find and download lyrics. MiniLyrics has a huge database of synced lyrics.

I actually stopped bothering using internal Lyrics Show Panel 3 lyrics search. I've also stopped storing .lrc files as synchronized lyrics for my .mp3 songs, because sooner or later it starts to get messy.

Now I simply embed synchronized lyrics into my .mp3 songs using MiniLyrics and use foobar2000 plugin Lyrics Show Panel 3 to display those synchronized embedded lyrics.

MiniLyrics can be set to automatically download and embed the lyrics into .mp3 songs. Embedding is done when song isn't played, because it's impossible to embed lyrics (change metadata) when the song is in use (being played) by foobar2000. In order to force embedding lyrics into .mp3 file, stop playing that particular song and in MiniLyrics go to Lyrics - Save Lyrics.

foobar2000 itself and plugin Lyrics Show Panel 3 doesn't support SYLT ID3 field (ID3v2 synchronized lyrics), but Lyrics Show Panel 3 supports ID3v2 unsynchronized lyrics and if you don't remove the time stamps in MiniLyrics (have checked this setting in MiniLyrics Keep time stamps [xx:xx:xx] in lyrics iPhone, iPod and iPod), then Lyrics Show Panel 3 will use ID3v2 unsynchronized lyrics as synchronized lyrics and your lyrics will be shown synchronized.

Use these MiniLyrics settings:

Use these Lyrics Show Panel 3 settings:

Here we go:

MiniLyrics automatically downloads and embeds synchronized lyrics into your .mp3 songs and foobar2000 with plugin Lyrics Show Panel 3 displays those synchronized embedded lyrics:

Now let's talk about exporting your embedded lyrics from .mp3 file into .lrc file. I've tried using SYLT Editor from compuphase.com, but it's buggy and lyrics importing/exporting wasn't reliable. On the other hand, you can use Lyrics Show Panel 3 with these settings:

Run through all of the songs in foobar2000 with embedded lyrics and Lyrics Show Panel 3 will succesfully extract ID3v2 unsynchronized lyrics with time stamps into synchronized .lrc file.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1498
Sorry for my English.

Lyric Show Panel doesn't show me signed lyrics in some songs.
I Tried in versions 0.4.4 and 0.4.5, foobar 1.3.8, Windows 10 build 10074.

I signed all strings,

[00:01.88]There was a man who had a dog,
[00:04.46]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:06.92]B-I-N-G-O
[00:09.19]B-I-N-G-O
[00:11.38]B-I-N-G-O
[00:13.54]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:15.49]
[00:18.05]There was a man who had a dog,
[00:20.20]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:22.56](plunk)-I-N-G-O
[00:24.74](plunk)-I-N-G-O
[00:26.87](plunk)-I-N-G-O
[00:28.81]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:31.19]
[00:33.22]There was a man who had a dog,
[00:35.38]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:37.61](plunk)-(plunk)-N-G-O
[00:39.68](plunk)-(plunk)-N-G-O
[00:41.82](plunk)-(plunk)-N-G-O
[00:43.82]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:46.19]
[00:48.06]There was a man who had a dog,
[00:50.16]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:52.51](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-G-O
[00:54.65](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-G-O
[00:56.80](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-G-O
[00:58.77]And Bingo was his name-o.
[01:01.22]
[01:01.98]There was a man who had a dog,
[01:04.02]And Bingo was his name-o.
[01:06.28](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-O
[01:08.48](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-O
[01:10.45](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-O
[01:12.66]And Bingo was his name-o.
[01:14.77]
[01:16.81]There was a man who had a dog,
[01:18.89]And Bingo was his name-o.
[01:20.86](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)
[01:23.03](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)
[01:25.11](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)
[01:27.14]And Bingo was his name-o.
[01:31.65]

and Lyric Show save my lyric as:

[00:01.88][00:18.05][00:33.22][00:48.06][01:01.98][01:16.81]There was a man who had a dog,
[00:04.46][00:13.54][00:20.20][00:28.81][00:35.38][00:43.82][00:50.16][00:58.77][01:04.02][01:12.66]
[01:18.89][01:27.14]And Bingo was his name-o.
[00:06.92][00:09.19][00:11.38]B-I-N-G-O
[00:15.49][00:31.19][00:46.19][01:01.22][01:14.77][01:31.65]
[00:22.56][00:24.74][00:26.87](plunk)-I-N-G-O
[00:37.61][00:39.68][00:41.82](plunk)-(plunk)-N-G-O
[00:52.51][00:54.65][00:56.80](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-G-O
[01:06.28][01:08.48][01:10.45](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-O
[01:20.86][01:23.03][01:25.11](plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)-(plunk)

The played rows is not highlighted (and scrolling synced lyric does not work)

but sometimes it works fine. When if often press button "Play" or something else.

Settings

Also, the program lacks multithreading to dowload a lyrics from database.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1499
Right click on the lyrics3 panel and choose: "About current lyric". Are the ones that don't highlight / scroll actually timestamped lyrics  - or are they unsynced? It seems your tags contain synced and unsynced lyrics (although its difficult to be sure from the pics). You have set "No Preference" for the type of lyric to search for. Try setting it to "Prefer synced" or "Only synced". I have never had any problems getting synced lyrics to scroll / highlight.

HTH