Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: IMDCT not restore exact signal (Read 3114 times) previous topic - next topic

IMDCT not restore exact signal

I code slow version of MDCT/IMDCT transformations by formula MDCT_EE5355.pdf and etrij.oct2013.0935.pdf (with KBD window)
I see, after reconstruction signal will not the same as input.  It does not look like a program error, the difference is that output signal fit to window - last value is near first value, it means, is possible doubling this signal and will be smooth.
I again MDCT this output signal and I see, spectrum MDCT is identical! Identical spectrum and different signals, because in signal is more information than in MDCT spectrum? This difference will be audible ?

Reply #1
MDCT is not an orthogonal transform. A signal can only be reconstructed through an overlap-add process.

Reply #2
This is my error: I test for sine signal length 3N, I badly apply second transformation to first, not second window. After correction signal is restoring perfect