Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1622525 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1950
Hello.

I have problem to stream music form my Foobar through Onkyo TX-NR626 amplituner using UPnP plugin on Windows 7 64 bit.

After I turn on Foobar, amplituner sees DLNA server immediately. I can go to DLNA -> Foobar2000 -> Playlist -> Default and I can see all track right there on my amplituner and I can play them, but I want to operate everything on my PC, not from amplituner level.
I know that it's possible to just stream everything directly from Foobar to amplituner using DLNA -> Foobar2000 -> Playbacks -> Playback Stream Capture, but this doesn't work for me. When I drag audio track on my playlist and double click on it or just hit Play button, the music starts playing only on my computer.
I can play music by selecting in Foobar: View -> IPnP Controller
Then new window pop up. I can choose my amplituner from the scroll list and after I drag audio file to UPnP Controller window, the track starts to play on my collumns.
This is not however streaming and I gotta have this additional UPnP window open all the time or music stop playing.
I am just looking for the way to stream music directly.

There is a lot of options in F2k configuration Servers -> Streaming profiles, but all I can do is only to edit DEFAULT profile. When I change to some other profile, hit ok and open configuration window, there is stil DEFAULT profile.
Donb't know exactly what and how to change some options to make it works.

I am using WASAPI plugin and I configured it according to some information on internet, but I can't hear any difference even on FLAC files. But thats a different story.

I hope you guys can help me to configure this streaming. I can provide screenshots, movies or anything you want to handle the problem.

foo_upnp

Reply #1951
nice plugin, nice standy function (context menu)..
would by nice when standy function is called if foobar will be closed; Like enable on startup

foo_upnp

Reply #1952
Hi guys, I noticed a bug caused by foo_upnp component that will cause foobar2k to hang (not responding) when shutting down. It even takes a while for the OS to kill the process when forcefully killing it. Upon further inspection on the process I noticed it is caused by wandered thread as attached in the screenshot. FYI I noticed this similar behaviour even on older version of both foobar2k and the plugin itself.

Tested on foobar2k v1.3.3 and foo_upnp version 0.99.48 under Windows 7 x64 bit.

foo_upnp

Reply #1953
Here's another question:

Has anyone been able to get this to work in Wine?  On server startup, I see an "err:" in the Wine console about CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not being implemented.  The server appears to start, but it's not listening on the specified port.

foo_upnp

Reply #1954
Never mind.  Wine 1.6.whatever seems to work.

foo_upnp

Reply #1955
Does anybody have an older version of this file? I'm still on Foobar2000 v 0.9.5.5 (I don't how the new versions don't allow context menu re-arranging) and the latest foo_upnp does not work.

I'd like to find the last version that worked with 0.9.5.5, haven't been able to find anything on Google.

foo_upnp

Reply #1956
Hi!

My Freebox can't access to content exposed by foo_UPnP. It can list folders but not the files inside them. It works fine with another server such as FreeMI. I've tried tweaking the streaming profile (always convert to PCM), but it didn't solve the problem. What else can I try?

Thanks.

Here's the log of UPnP while the Freebox is accessing it:
http://pastebin.com/1bEdzgZ8

foo_upnp

Reply #1957
Seems like developer no longer support this? The hang bug is pretty annoying :-(

foo_upnp

Reply #1958
I'm experiencing a similar problem with Windows 2008 Standard 32 bit. Strange, it works fine with Windows 2003 Server. Any idea what causes the crash and how to overcome this problem?

Cheers, Peter

Seems like developer no longer support this? The hang bug is pretty annoying :-(

foo_upnp

Reply #1959
Hello. I am having an issue browsing my music with foobar via upnp over the internet. My server is setup with bubbleupnp (which works fine when streaming to my Android) serving my WMP library. I am able to browse and play my playlists without issues, but when I attempt to browse any music directly, I see "loading" in parenthesis for a moment and then it disappears and nothing happens. I am unable to attempt browsing on that node again unless I "reload root" in the upnp browser. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

foo_upnp

Reply #1960
Well...
i having issues too with my foobar2000 upnp server.
i have a PC with a portable instance of foobar2000 + foo_upnp and bubbleupnp server running.
All is working fine...i can acces my music in my WiFi at home and outside my house...but.

* how is transfered album art ? i have checked correctly the option i think : into foobar2000 running as a server / preferences / UPnP / server / content / allow album art streaming.
but sometimes album art is not correctly shown or missing in the android app bubbleupnp.
i have a large collection, where ALL my album folder have a folder.jpg file and folder_cover.png. i don't use, embedded art a priori.
but ...to be sure. first of all...how can i completely erase embedded art in mp3, wav, flac, mpc etc...? thereby only external art in bubbleupnp android will be shown ?...
* there somekind of filesize limitation for album art size in bubbleupnp ? ...
* in other instances of foobar2000 accesing the remote one, album art in not shown at all.

please somehelp!
thanks
more or less, minus is best

foo_upnp

Reply #1961
Well...
i having issues too with my foobar2000 upnp server.
i have a PC with a portable instance of foobar2000 + foo_upnp and bubbleupnp server running.
All is working fine...i can acces my music in my WiFi at home and outside my house...but.

* how is transfered album art ? i have checked correctly the option i think : into foobar2000 running as a server / preferences / UPnP / server / content / allow album art streaming.
but sometimes album art is not correctly shown or missing in the android app bubbleupnp.
i have a large collection, where ALL my album folder have a folder.jpg file and folder_cover.png. i don't use, embedded art a priori.
but ...to be sure. first of all...how can i completely erase embedded art in mp3, wav, flac, mpc etc...? thereby only external art in bubbleupnp android will be shown ?...
* there somekind of filesize limitation for album art size in bubbleupnp ? ...
* in other instances of foobar2000 accesing the remote one, album art in not shown at all.

please somehelp!
thanks

Glad to see you got it up running.

I recommend to all having problems to enable debuging to console and log ALL.
Then try to identify the cause of your problem.

To remove embedded artwork , select file in playlist > right click > Tagging > Remove all pictures.

foo_upnp

Reply #1962
Hello bubblegum and foo_upnp forum users.

I have a question regarding UPnP browser tree, and would like some help for it.

Some context:
I have fb 1.3.5 and foo_upnp 0.99.48, all working well for my needs. I have customized the foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml file to my needs and is working well.
This means I can access my library remotely using the UPnP Browser from a portable installation (I have it on a thumbdrive) or in my LAN.

I'm currently trying to create a new Media Library entry in the .xml file using the following criteria:

- my music has a custom metadata entry called "_tag"; which I use to add moods to my collection.
Example:
- track 1 > [properties]> _tag: "cool"
- track 2 > _tag: "ambient"
- track 3 > _tag: "chillout"

and some compound tags:

- track 4 > _tag: "ambient chillout"  --> 2 words on the same tag field

Some cases I can have 3+ words.

Using a query, I can find music by mood:
Query 1: _tag HAS ambient
Query 2: _tag HAS cool AND _tag HAS chillout

What I want to do in the tree .xml file is to make a "Tags" library, in which a similar query as above is run, so as I can have each mood as a separate sub entry. Currently I have this code:

<SubTree label="Tags" query="_tag PRESENT">
      <spec>$meta(_tag)</spec>
      <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album artist%[ - %album%]</spec>
   </SubTree>

which yields this output in the browser window:
UPnP Servers > foobar > Media Library >Tags >
- ambient
- ambient chillout
- ambient (some other composed entry)
- cool
- cool (come other composed value)
- chillout

Which is not what I want; what I want is:

UPnP Servers > foobar > Media Library >Tags >
- ambient (simple and composed entry)
- cool (simple and composed entry)
- chillout (simple and composed entry)

For that, I understand I need to run a query in <spec>, something in the likes of

<SubTree label="Tags" query="_tag PRESENT">
<spec>query= "QUERY TO SEPARATE ENTRIES IN _TAG"</spec>
<spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album artist%[ - %album%]</spec>
</SubTree>

but I don't know how to, and existing documentation only refers to queries in <SubTree>, which would work, but my browser tree would look like :

UPnP Servers > foobar > Media Library >
> Tagged w\ "ambient"
> Tagged w\ "chillout"
> Tagged w\ "cool"

without the main "Tags" library, which isn't really what I'd like.
Also I would need to set the query term to "ambient", or "cool", etc,  for each Library; and I'd like the code to be flexible, i.e. query term as a variable (and I know I might be asking too much with this last one).

My attempts have been unsuccessful so far; and my coding skills are self-learned.

Can someone help me?

foo_upnp

Reply #1963
I could swear I remember there being a way to see how many people are currently listening to your playback stream, but I can't find anything about it anymore. Did I imagine it or am I overlooking something?

foo_upnp

Reply #1964
First of all thank you very much for providing this plugin. It works like a charm with the cheap $30 DNLA streaming device I just received from China (it's called SoudMate and besides having SPDIF out it features a Wolfson DAC producing a perfectly transparent analog output!).

I have only one request: I see that the plugin provides MP3 transcoding for playback stream capture. I have, however, a lot of lossy music and don't like the idea of lossy transcoding. I would really love to see an option for FLAC transcoding (as there are now many devices supporting FLAC).

foo_upnp

Reply #1965
Oh, well, I actually have another request 

I like to play back music with foobar while falling asleep. Usually, the laptop goes to standby some minutes after the playlist has been finished. This does not work, however, when the UPnP Controller is active, which is a pitty. It would be great if the controler wouldn't interfere with idling.

I hope this great and very useful component is still being developed...

foo_upnp

Reply #1966
I also have problems with Album Art streaming. Is it in any way limited?
I have 400+ Albums, all as disc image flac files with embedded cuesheets.
All my album art is stored in an external folder, separated from my audio files and configured in foobar2000 with the following search pattern:
Code: [Select]
c:\Users\SpaceAgeHero\Pictures\Artwork\%album%_Front.*
In foobar2000's Album Art viewer everything is fine but when browsing my music from another computer with foobar2000 + UPnP Browser only the very first image in the folder is shown for every album.

The weird thing is, when I tested this previously with only about 20 albums everything was fine too.

foo_upnp

Reply #1967
Hi Bubblegum,

Would you consider implementing the features of OpenHome (especially renderer-side playlists) in foo_upnp ? I know they're in BubbleUPnP Server, but I'd rather not install it and Java just for that feature.

Thanks.

foo_upnp

Reply #1968
Hi, i have a Marantz mcr510. I installed foo_upnp but the hifi cant find the foobar stream.
It displays 2 other servers that i have but no foobar.
I'm running windows 8.1 if that helps.
Have i done something wrong? should i install something else first?

Thanks for any help in advance, Nmjams

foo_upnp

Reply #1969
Hi all
I have started using foo_upnp to stream music to my Revo AXIS upnp renderer. I got it to work, but not quite all the way yet.

1. The Revo AXIS crashes and reboots sometimes, when I try to play a stream. Unless someone has an idea what might cause this, I will take this up with Revo.

2. I am trying to use a DSP chain to downsample hirez files
    - downsample 88200 and 176400 to 44100
    - downsample 96000 and 192000 to 48000
I do this using two entries of SOX mod2 in the dsp chain. One to downsample ONLY 88200 and 176400 and one to downsample ONLY 96000 and 192000. In reality the hirez files all downsample to the samplerate which is defined in the first entry of SOX mod2. None get downsampled to the samplerate which is defined in the second entry.
What could be the issue here? In my view the DSP chain should first process the first entry, then the second.

Thanks a lot for any help

foo_upnp

Reply #1970
My guess is that because the use of audio processing forces MP3 or PCM, the process is automatically resampling to 44100. The developer will have to comment to confirm/deny.

foo_upnp

Reply #1971
That would explain it, but kinda defeats the purpose of the resampling.

foo_upnp

Reply #1972
I just had a look at the settings instead of going by memory.

There is a "samplerate range" setting under Renderer Capabilities which notes that the settings can force PCM. If you haven't created a profile for your device, it will use the Default profile which has a range of 44100 only.

Obviously, foo_upnp does automatically resample when it encounters a file whose sample rate is outside of the range of that setting. I assume the resampling is always to 44100, but you could try changing the range from 44100 to 44100 to 44100 to 48000 in the Default profile to check whether it resamples to other sample rates.

foo_upnp

Reply #1973
Is it written anywhere what the new version 0.99.49 dated Jan, 13 2015 is about? The changelog still lists version 0.99.48 as the latest.

foo_upnp

Reply #1974
Hi guys, I noticed a bug caused by foo_upnp component that will cause foobar2k to hang (not responding) when shutting down. It even takes a while for the OS to kill the process when forcefully killing it. Upon further inspection on the process I noticed it is caused by wandered thread as attached in the screenshot. FYI I noticed this similar behaviour even on older version of both foobar2k and the plugin itself.

Tested on foobar2k v1.3.3 and foo_upnp version 0.99.48 under Windows 7 x64 bit.

Getting the same shutdown hang issue as this poster, with the latest versions (fb2k 1.3.7, foo_upnp 0.99.49) on Win 8.1 x64.