Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playing flac w embeded cuesheet & DSP (Read 2626 times) previous topic - next topic

Playing flac w embeded cuesheet & DSP

Hello I'm a Newbie in this forum.

I'm trying to write english but it's easier to read for me than to write.
Hope you can / will understand me.

I'm using the "pause between tracks"- DSP because I'm playing tracks ordered by myself and I want pause between tracks.

Yesterday I've created a Flac file with embeded cuesheet from a live CD.
The DSP inserts pauses but the track should be played gapless.

My question is: Is it possible to disable / deaktive the DSP during playback of Flac-Files w embeded cuesheet automaticly?
This feature regards possible the Crossfader-DSP too.

The plugins are programmed by kode54, if I'm right.

Reply #1
Hello I'm a Newbie in this forum.
I'm trying to write english but it's easier to read for me than to write.
Hope you can / will understand me.

Welcome !!! 
Don´t worry, I´ve readed without problems.

My question is: Is it possible to disable / deaktive the DSP during playback of Flac-Files w embeded cuesheet automaticly?
This feature regards possible the Crossfader-DSP too.

The short answer is... no.

Now the full version 
The only conditional settings regards to diskwriter. You can choose to disable replaygain and the dsp (all dsp at once). Worth to mention that this apply to any file format going to be diskwrited.

I think would be wrong to do what you want because, as far as you can create Flac file with embeded cuesheet from a live CD, you can creat them from a studio CD too (or even from your own track list).

If you are too lazy to change the settings, I would suggest you to keep two foobars installed on your computer: one to yours flacs and another for normal listenning.

Reply #2
Thank you. Good to know that I'm welcome. 

Still trying out the functions of the board.
Ok, back to topic.

I think would be wrong to do what you want because, as far as you can create Flac file with embeded cuesheet from a live CD, you can creat them from a studio CD too (or even from your own track list).

Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the feature flac with embeded cuesheet was originally designed for gapless playback of live albums. Ok, this feature will function with every CD regardless there are gaps between tracks or there aren't.

If you are too lazy to change the settings, I would suggest you to keep two foobars installed on your computer: one to yours flacs and another for normal listenning.

I'm not to lazy to do this at the moment but I don't think that's user-friendly.
Your proposal to use two installations of fb2k can be confusing in dealy usage according to my opinion.

And there is another point that I found out. If I want to play several live CD's in a row, all flac w embeded cuesheet, I want pause between the albums but not between the single tracks.

The possible solution I'm can consider is a more flexible handling of pause between tracks. The feature to insert pause like a track in playlist?
Maybe the implementation of this functionality in the player core itself? Maybe in a future release of the program?
Oder shall I manually append silence to all regarding tracks?

Any suggestions or advice?

Best Regards

Reply #3
Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the feature flac with embeded cuesheet was originally designed for gapless playback of live albums. Ok, this feature will function with every CD regardless there are gaps between tracks or there aren't.

I don´t know because I don´t use cuesheet but I always thought that gapless was optional...

And there is another point that I found out. If I want to play several live CD's in a row, all flac w embeded cuesheet, I want pause between the albums but not between the single tracks.

The possible solution I'm can consider is a more flexible handling of pause between tracks. The feature to insert pause like a track in playlist?

Maybe the implementation of this functionality in the player core itself? Maybe in a future release of the program?

It´s already in the core. 
Use silence generator (help in preferences -> playback -> input -> standard inputs)
Playlist menu - > Add location... -> silence://2 (generate 2 seconds of silence)

edit: minor additions and typo fixes...

Reply #4
Use silence generator (help in preferences -> playback -> input -> standard inputs)
Playlist menu - > Add location... -> silence://2 (generate 2 seconds of silence)

Oh, yes. Thanks. Haven't thought about that possibility.

I thought about a more click-able solution. Like a button "Insert Pause" on actual playlist position.