IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Problems with Foobar Auto-Sorting music by Track Number
dustball
post Apr 17 2010, 00:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79928

I need help.. I just downloaded Foobar and I got all of my music into it. However, when I created a playlist and put an album in there. It should have been automatically sorted by track like 01, 02, 03, etc. However this isn't the case. I am pretty sure my tracks are numbered correctly to, as the only kinds of numbers I have are things like 01, 02, or 1.01, 1.02. I went through the preferences but I couldn't find anything that worked.

For example, I tried doing Preferences -> media library -> album list -> and turning on "create always sorted autoplaylists." but this didn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
herojoker
post Apr 17 2010, 01:49
Post #2

Member No.: 46989

I don't know whether it's still the same on foobar2000 1.0+, but on pre 1.0 versions you could find a field labeled "Sort incoming files by" on the page "General". Everytime new elements are inserted, a string, according to the so called title formatting pattern entered there, is created which is then used to sort the inserted files. Have a look at the Title Formatting Reference and form the appropriate pattern, like %album% | %discnumber%.%tracknumber%
("|" does not have a special meaning, it just ensures that sorting works well even with albums having numbers at the end)
Of course you may also sort by %filename% and/or any tag your files may have.
+Quote Post
2E7AH
post Apr 17 2010, 02:23
Post #3

Group: Validating
Member No.: 53675

QUOTE (herojoker @ Apr 17 2010, 01:49) *
I don't know whether it's still the same on foobar2000 1.0+, but on pre 1.0 versions you could find a field labeled "Sort incoming files by" on the page "General"

It's in "shell integration" now, and it affects only files passed through shell integration, or drag and drop from outside foobar (and can be set to affect files sent by CUI Album list panel).
In all other cases items sent to playlist are sorted as they are parsed (displayed) by appropriate media library viewer. Sorting behavior in with some media library viewers can be customized in their preferences.

I guess OP is using Album list in Default UI, so the files are sent to playlist as they are displayed in Album list.

BTW, this question is asked so many times that I think it should be in FAQ
+Quote Post
dustball
post Apr 17 2010, 03:29
Post #4

Member No.: 79928

Alright, I added the line "%album% | %discnumber%.%tracknumber%" after the path_sort thing. However it didn't work. Is this what I am supposed to do? Sorry I'm not to technically advanced.
+Quote Post
u-neeks
post Apr 23 2010, 05:14
Post #5

Member No.: 76370

try add the track numbers to the files:
musicname.mp3
music.mp3
--->
01 - musicname.mp3
02 - music.mp3
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 17:27