Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Daemon Tools and EAC problem. (Read 3281 times) previous topic - next topic

Daemon Tools and EAC problem.

I took several forum members suggestions for secure ripping and encoding in iTunes. I use EAC to rip the single .wav with a .cue sheet. I use Daemon Tools to mount the .cue and then 'rip' in iTunes to AAC.

Only problem is Deamon Tools installed causes EAC to 'forget' I have a CD-RW. It's a LiteOn LTR-52246S latest firmware. When I go into EAC it will say no audio disc even though there is one in the drive and it shows up in Windows Explorer. If I go into the drive settings it will have secure mode unchecked and the read command will be unset as well as installed interface being unselected. Weird considering it's a radio button selection. Uninstalling Daemon Tools fixes this problem.

I am using Daemon Tools 3.4.4 and EAC is 0.95 prebeta 4. OS is Windows XP Pro with SP1 and I am using the Installed External ASPI Interface.

Is this a known issue with the EAC prebeta? I can't find anything on the EAC website about it. Nothing turned up when I searched that sites forum for 'daemon tools' either.

Reply #1
Set up different profiles for the drive and the virtual drive in EAC.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #2
Try switching EAC's interface to "native mode" (aka device I/O control) - under 2k/XP, you don't really need external ASPI in EAC ... I use 4 IDE, 1 SCSI and 1 virtual "Daemon" drive without any problems.
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #3
Thanks JeanLuc, changing to the native Win32 interface solved the problem. I had always read in EAC setup guides that the native interface is 'not to be trusted' but I had never had problems using it in the past.

Reply #4
Thanks JeanLuc, changing to the native Win32 interface solved the problem. I had always read in EAC setup guides that the native interface is 'not to be trusted' but I had never had problems using it in the past.

Nor did I ... the native mode works as good as ASPI 4.60 for me ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper