Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatically type backwards (Read 69094 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatically type backwards

Reply #1
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉True. Very funny indeed! How did you find THAT one out?

Reply #2
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉WTF? Until now I thought that was a hoax, and yerma was only playing along with it. What kind of weird character is that?
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

Reply #3
 At first, I thought it was a hoax, too. How does it work?

Reply #5
Its a right click menu option in many text areas in Microsoft programs on XP 64Bit (e.g. Notepad, IE and Explorer)
Eh, but for some reason the text remains the same, its just a reworded Align Right.
Oh n Firefox doesn't like that symbol. I cant copy it or copy any text if that symbol get highlighted.

Reply #6
Oh n Firefox doesn't like that symbol. I cant copy it or copy any text if that symbol get highlighted.

Works like a charm here (Firefox 2.0.0.6)
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

Reply #7
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉if theres a bustle in your hedgerow

Reply #8
I first tried it in several editors including OOo Writer and MS Word. None of them showed anything spectacular. This Character seems to be encoded of 10 bytes!

Reply #10
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0489/index.htm

There's nothing actually special about that symbol.

----

That "symbol" is actually:
Code: [Select]
‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮҉

in other words, a collection of bidirectional text control characters.

http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/...ional-text.html

Reply #11
‫‬‭‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Pretty cool!
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #12
҉Doesn't Work in Opera
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉works if you copy it from another browser too opera though

Reply #13
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉I really need to see this by my own eyes... hey it works!

Reply #14
҉This doesn't work for me

‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉Oh this is the really wacky stuff lmao
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Reply #17
‫‬‭‪‫‬‭҉vista sucks i guess.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #18
http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/96498

All the same, Microsoft ought to think about issuing a patch that prohibits the use of these special characters, at least in file names--there can be no good reason to use them there.

Give it a thought. The guy effectively says, Dear Microsoft, please don't let us do things that can be potentialy harmful. And next thing you notice, you're not allowed to do something, that's well considered harmful by someone else, say mr Gates. It's like 'okay, let me do it, i can take responsibility' vs 'i clicked and it blow up, it's all your fault'.

Anyways, you click renamed icon, it launches associated app, not the file directly. Where's the catch? (still new to all this hackery thing)

Reply #20
Anyways, you click renamed icon, it launches associated app, not the file directly. Where's the catch? (still new to all this hackery thing)

The point is: You may get fooled to run malicious programs.
In the above linked example, the file name reads like to be a JPEG-file; you may consider it harmless to run the associated application, thinking it would be some picture viewer. But, the real file extension is .SCR, which is an executable like .EXE.

Reply #21
It will still run 'foo bar.malicious', not './bar.malicious'.

Nevermind, should've read more carefully, their concern is that it might 'potentially carry damaging code that exploits holes in the associated software'.

Reply #22
҉ no it doesnt work

Reply #23
it sucks.....it doesnt work.I switched to typing upsidedown....