Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Tagger Panel (foo_uie_tagger_mod) (Read 103957 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #100
finally figured out how to access the options through numerous right clicks
There is also a help file available.

however when i setup a favorites tag so i can mark a bunch of songs as favorite or whatever to pull that specific set up later to play it just vanishes (the favorites i added in options) 

Am i using this for what it was not intended for?
Most likely not. This component is meant to simplify adding and maintaining tags of the currently selected files not to save a selection of files for later use.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #101
finally figured out how to access the options through numerous right clicks
There is also a help file available.

however when i setup a favorites tag so i can mark a bunch of songs as favorite or whatever to pull that specific set up later to play it just vanishes (the favorites i added in options) 

Am i using this for what it was not intended for?
Most likely not. This component is meant to simplify adding and maintaining tags of the currently selected files not to save a selection of files for later use.

Well, all i'm wanting to do is tag or mark songs as favorite, then pull them up as a group at a later time like filters.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #102
I just discovered this component and gotta say I really like it, but I've discovered something that's a bit problematic for me.

I base my tagging on predominance, that is from most applicable to least applicable. I've noticed that the component adds values in alphabetical order. I need it to add values to a tag in the order that I tick them. Currently, I can achieve this by ticking a value and right-clicking "Apply", ticking a value and right-clicking "Apply", etc. Needless to say this is becoming rather tedious.

fbuser, can you add an option to add values to a tag in the order that they are ticked? I would greatly appreciate it if you could.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #103
fbuser, can you add an option to add values to a tag in the order that they are ticked?
Most likely not. However, you could hit <RETURN> for applying the changes after ticking a box instead of using the context menu. This could make it more convenient for you.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #104
I hope you'll reconsider. I'm not really keen on multiple tag writes. I may have to go with using TagBox instead.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #105
Hi. I found a bug. For example we have tag "power" and tag "action" for field "comment" made by Tagger Mod. In the Tagger Mod panel this tags is separately checked. But, when i manually correct "comment" field (print one letter and delete it is enough), than a new line with tag "power; action" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with tags "power" and "action" is checking off.
Also, when i manually add a new tag in the field (for example i add tag "extreme" to the tags "power; action" through the symbol ";" - "power; action; extreme") than a new line with tag "power; action; extreme" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with old tags also cleared. Through what symbol can i add a new tag to exlude this problem (clearing old tags).

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #106
I found a bug.
No, you didn't.

when i manually correct "comment" field (print one letter and delete it is enough), than a new line with tag "power; action" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with tags "power" and "action" is checking off.
As long as you don't define the comment field as a multivalue field for the properties dialog (Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties -> Multivalue fields) and you change the value through the properties dialog as described, this is the expected behavior.

Through what symbol can i add a new tag to exlude this problem (clearing old tags).
See above. Besides this you can also add multiple values separated by semicolons through the Tagger panel directly by typing them in into the "-- add values --" box.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #107
I found a bug.
No, you didn't.

when i manually correct "comment" field (print one letter and delete it is enough), than a new line with tag "power; action" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with tags "power" and "action" is checking off.
As long as you don't define the comment field as a multivalue field for the properties dialog (Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties -> Multivalue fields) and you change the value through the properties dialog as described, this is the expected behavior.

Through what symbol can i add a new tag to exlude this problem (clearing old tags).
See above. Besides this you can also add multiple values separated by semicolons through the Tagger panel directly by typing them in into the "-- add values --" box.

It's all work. Thank you very much.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #108
Dude I just gotta say that this (apart from ColumnsUI of course) is the most useful plugin that I've come across since I started using foobar2000!

Major cudos!

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #109
Is it possible to have the preset name permanently shown
for each panel window?
Or maybe there is another way to let me know what is
the metadata each panel works on?

I have a few panels on at the same time and would like
to see at a glance which one is which.

Thanks.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #110
Is it possible to have the preset name permanently shown
for each panel window?
For the embedded panel it is not possible, for the panel, which can be shown in a separate window with "Right click on playlist item -> Tagging -> Tag in tagger panel -> Default" you can change the name with "Right click in panel -> Window properties" and checking the persistent flag.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #111
@ fbuser
Have you ever considered to add a sort of a "facet" mode
where, when active, the clicking on the word(s) of a value in the panel
will create a playlist filtered with that value?

Maybe with the option to have it always on or off.

Thanks.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #112
@fabiospark
This functionality is already implemented, just with doubleclick instead of click. From the documentation for the options dialog:
Doubleclick action: Define, if the content of the playlist is replaced or if items are added to the playlist, when doubleclicking on an item in the list of values. All library entries with the same value as the doubleclicked one will be added to the playlist for the current metadata field.

Playlist name: Define a name for the playlist, which is used, when doubleclicking on an item in the list of values. If no name is given, the name of the item in the list is used.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #113
@fabiospark
This functionality is already implemented, just with doubleclick instead of click. From the documentation for the options dialog:
Doubleclick action: Define, if the content of the playlist is replaced or if items are added to the playlist, when doubleclicking on an item in the list of values. All library entries with the same value as the doubleclicked one will be added to the playlist for the current metadata field.

Playlist name: Define a name for the playlist, which is used, when doubleclicking on an item in the list of values. If no name is given, the name of the item in the list is used.

Sorry I overlooked that. Thank you for pointing me there.

Is there a way to add the selection to the active playlist regardless if a name is set in the options
and regardless the name of the playlist?
If not, please add this to the wishlist (maybe with the Ctrl+Double click action).

Thank you again.

Re: foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #114
I'm experiencing this behaviour and I ask your help to troubleshoot the problem.

I have a tagger panel (column UI) linked to a %subgenre% field, a multivalues one
and with these settings:

As you can see in the panel on the left, the first two entries begins with a space
and they are placed before the tags beginning with "A".

The thing is that after a double check I couldn't find any track with those space-beginning words.
Infact if I double click on one of those tags in the panel, nothing is added to the playlist.

I tried and deleted the first two entries in the "Tags" box of the options page and they
disappeared from the panel but after I restart Foobar they reappear again.

Any help?

Thanks.

Reply #115
The thing is that after a double check I couldn't find any track with those space-beginning words.
Infact if I double click on one of those tags in the panel, nothing is added to the playlist.
That is strange, because the relevant tracks should be found. I tried it with such an entry and it worked as expected.

The entries reappear after manually removing them, because you have ticked "Scan library for more fields in" and you have files in your library, which have these tags.

You need to find the affected files with another search plugin, e.g. call the menu "Library -> Search" and enter the following query:
subgenre IS " Experimental rock" OR subgenre IS " Songwriter"

Reply #116
After my post I went and read all the help again to be sure I was correctly understanding
the behaviour of each option and command and then I read about "Synchronize".
Back to FB I could see that it was not greyed out as usual and hitting it did the trick.
So the panel behaviour on the double click was correct: there were no tracks in the library with those attributes.
It was only the showing process that needed a synchronization.

Thanks.

Changing subject, let me send you a new feature request and remind you an old one for the CUI panel:

The new one:
it would be useful to see in the panel the value of the filtering tag (genre, in this case) when filtering is active:
Metadata field: subgenre
Filter on focus tags: genre
Show somewhere in the panel the actual value of "genre" to know what is filtering the subgenre keywords shown.

The old one (sorry to ask again):
it would be very useful to see to which metadata field the values the panel is showing belong.
In the example above it would be the word "subgenre".

Thank you for the support.

Reply #117
Hi there,
my plan:
I would like to limit the tagging possibility to only one element.
Means I only can mark one value.

question:
Is this something I can define in this add-on or do I have to do this in the properties setup?

Thanks for the support!

Reply #118
I would like to limit the tagging possibility to only one element.
Means I only can mark one value.
This is not possible. Neither with a setting of the component nor with changing the settings for the properties dialog.

Reply #119
This is not possible. Neither with a setting of the component nor with changing the settings for the properties dialog.
... as I thought.
Thank you very much!

Reply #120
I'm experiencing a loss of focus on the selected track after I click
in a CUI Tagger Panel, both to tick/untick a tag or in an empty area.

Visually nothing changes but after that I can't apply a masstagger script through a button.
After I click again on the already selected track I can apply the script.

@fbuser
Hoper you're still maintaining this component and have time to look into this issue.

Thanks.

Reply #121
It is normal that the keyboard focus changes, if you click somewhere else. But this does not explain, why you can't run a masstager script assigned to a button.

t's also not reproducible for me. I can run commands, which are assigned to a button (in my case a button in a JS panel) on the selected tracks in the active playlist.

I don't think, that it is an issue with Tagger Panel, but what kind of button do you use and which foobar2000 version?

Reply #122
Thank you to answer to such an old thread.

It's not the button, nor the script.
Scrips are not applied even when I fire them through a keyboard shortcut.

In fact it's not just a tagger panel issue.
I see that this happens also when I click on some other UI elements, but not all.
When I do it, I also see that an Item Details panel I have, goes black.
A panel stack splitter instead keeps on showing its info.

Trouble is that tagger panel is made to be clicked into when you're working
on a selected track but, if that action then asks me to click again on the selected track
to be able to apply a script to it, it's quite annoying.

Maybe I will try and ask musicmusic if it's something on his side.

https://vimeo.com/263958930

Thanks.

Reply #123
It's not the button
Well, you mentioned a button in your last post.
Scrips are not applied even when I fire them through a keyboard shortcut.
This is a complete different matter.
In fact it's not just a tagger panel issue.
Of course, not. This will affect all panels, which implement an own keyboard handler.

Actually, the panels should forward unhandled keyboard strokes to the core, but this is not always the case. Tagger Panel is doing this in general, but it has some restrictions, for which I don't remember the reason anymore. Tagger Panel is only forwarding all keyboard shortcuts containing the CTRL or WIN key.

An additonal restriction is, that keyboard shortcuts, which are bound to a "context" shortcut are also not forwarded, while shortcuts bound to "main", "context/playlist" and "context/now playing" are forwarded. This is problably only caused by using the wrong function for forwarding the shortcut.

When I find the time, I will check, if the behavior can be less restrictive. For the moment you can bypass the restrictions for example with binding the script to CTRL+<letter> (+ optional additional qualifiers, e.g. ALT, SHIFT, WIN) for <Script name> under [context / playlist]. But be aware, that the changes in the panel are only applied to the selected tracks after clicking somewhere else or pressing ENTER.

Maybe I will try and ask musicmusic if it's something on his side.
No, it's not.

Reply #124
Thank you, I will do some test following your advice.